ADVERTISEMENT

E. Spostra

mario jr

SuperCane
Dec 13, 2006
Tallahassee
Getting out coached once again! Why sign Rashard Lewis if U are not going to play him? Has Spostra forgot he has a 6'11 spot up shooter on the bench that can also penatrate and create shots? Sure as hell looks like it! Put this guy in the game please!

Originally posted by mario jr:

Getting out coached once again! Why sign Rashard Lewis if U are not going to play him? Has Spostra forgot he has a 6'11 spot up shooter on the bench that can also penatrate and create shots? Sure as hell looks like it! Put this guy in the game please!
Mario. When Riles retired, we weren't exactly expecting Phil Jackson or Pat Riley or Red Auerbach. Spoles is limited in his knowledge and coaching ability. He will continue to hang his hat on superior talent. It's safe to say, he's no hoops genius.

roll.r191677.gif
not this bullshit again....

just play without a coach, cause you crying ass tar hole fans, i mean, heat fans will always blame the coach or ref....never mind that lebron had 2 costly turnovers at the end of the game....

JB, look at the replay. As Lebron turned it over both times, Spoles was on the court trying to get Lebron's attention. I say, fire Morris and Spoles.

Originally posted by honeyiv:
JB, look at the replay. As Lebron turned it over both times, Spoles was on the court trying to get Lebron's attention. I say, fire Morris and Spoles.

lol...that sure was a shitty play Spoles called in game 1 with 2.2 remaining...sure george overplayed and lebron took it to the rack....but the floor was spread for lebron to make that play...noone was near him other than george overplaying and getting took to the rack like it was 1 on 1, which it was, thanks to spoles making sure the floor was spread... i didn't see people bitching about spoles after that play...

coaches design plays, players execute plays

Spo didn't lose this one. Everybody outside of Lebron struggled. He kept them in the game but threw it away late. One of the Heat's biggest advantages in this series is its bench against the Pacers bench but our guys outside of Birdman in game 1 have not showed up. If Allen isn't hitting his 3s its pointless to have him out there because he is a liability on defense. Lewis was even worse defensively in the regular season, that is why he doesn't play. With Wade not at 100%, the Heat's bench have to show up.

Also, the heat struggled defensively in this one. Pacers shot 50% and were up near 55% for most of the game. Heat are a better defensive team then they showed tonight. And lastly, we missed our FTs. We missed 8 FTs, make half of those and we are talking a completely different game late. None of that says Spo being outcoached to me. Players just need to execute.

Nah...he wasnt outcoached. Basketball is a game of continual adjustments. They are fine. You are not going to sweep teams in the conference finals. That just isnt reasonable thinking. They lost a close game to a good basketball team.

On to the next one. Great series...and it will go seven.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Really outcoached, come on. The problem is his shooters have turned ice cold, that's not on the coach. Every time we lose everybody says we were out coached. I guess he coached a good game on Wednesday.........Just saying.

mosthated305,

why has he shortened his bench? The only players I see coming off the bench is Coles, and birdman, Allen. But that's not even the issue. The reason they lost is LEBRON keeps passing up shots. The amount of points he had does not matter it's his number of shots. He has no killer instincts unless there is no pressure. Your supposedly the best player in the world and your passing the ball to Cole to take the jump shot. LeBron needs to do his thing in the first three quarters and let wade take over in the 4th.miami is lucky they are not down 2-0.

It is very simple for the Heat, make your free throws. If Miami hits even close to its season average, they win by 6 or more. You can blame the shooting during the game being affected by the defense of Indaina. Free throws are you alone. Defense has nothing to do with it.

Alllen missed two free throws technicals If I remember. Didn't Wade or somebody early in the game miss both free throws.

Originally posted by slbear07:

mosthated305,

why has he shortened his bench? The only players I see coming off the bench is Coles, and birdman, Allen. But that's not even the issue. The reason they lost is LEBRON keeps passing up shots. The amount of points he had does not matter it's his number of shots. He has no killer instincts unless there is no pressure. Your supposedly the best player in the world and your passing the ball to Cole to take the jump shot. LeBron needs to do his thing in the first three quarters and let wade take over in the 4th.miami is lucky they are not down 2-0.

Battier plays.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

This loss has nothing to do with poles....look at the points Indy scored off turnovers and how free throws we missed, and you will see that we should have won the game by nearly double digits. Its all about execution.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

swaggah64,

is that what he's doing? Allen needs to get less minutes, but who do you put in? Miller made a great shot but walked off holding his side. There is just something missing from them this round. Even when they lost at home to bulls, we were like oh shit I feel sorry for the bulls next game. Miami might still win the next three games but it won't be easy, and it could easily go the pacers way also. Until we see that Miami team fast breaking, and hitting threes they are is a dog fight.

Lewis is 6'11 and can shoot the three but he is soft On D and does not rebound much. He does not have a post up game and is not known to take it to the hole. He and Mike Miller are a wash but Miller shows more effort on D

I would like to see Anthony more....because their bigs are killing ours.....Anthony might be able to keep him off the boards better than anyone we have now....Bosh cannot handle Hibbert on D its an obvious struggle. Bosh is the only one that has decent post up game that might be able to get Hibbert in foul trouble.

Our small lineup is not working because they have really athletic long guys that have enough quickness to keep up with our guys. They are not big and slow except for Hibbert but he even shows a lot of effort. Guy is 7'2 but is not sluggish.

Lets see how Spo adjusts in game 3.........that will tell me if he is ready for the big time.

BTW we need to make our free throws.......and hopefully our shooters can light it up again. I would like to see Chalmers shoot more from the 3

Originally posted by mario jr:

Too much is made of this. Spoles is not the greatest coach in the world and his strength is more team-building and motivating and getting guys in the right frame of mind (all important) than it is the tactical, x and o's stuff but he's not horrible there. He will get out-coached in stretches but he's far from the worst coach in the league. He's a good coach and he's not the reason we lost.

We have to play better D, we have to hit shoot better and we have to hit our free throws. Oh, and Bron has to be great, which he was until the final 2 possessions. We're going to play close games and we typically win them down the stretch when our stars make plays and the other team chokes or fails to execute in the pressure moments. Well tonight the roles were reversed and that's why we lost, it's as simple as that.

What makes me the most upset is not giving Miller more of a chance when NO ONE else is making 3's. I don't get it. When you have a guy who has proven he can shoot the lights out some nights...when you've seen him hit 7 3's in 1 playoff game....how the hell do you not stick him in and give him a couple of shots to see if he starts out on fire? Then you finally put him in and he hits his one shot and......that's it? You don't play him again?? Frustrating.

Last year early i was thinking that spro was not a good coach. He did a helluva job pulling that team together. ets see how it plays out this year before condemming him. The Lakers were supposed to win everything with their talent and look what happened there. Spros done a nice job.

GTFOH......Spoelstra didn't get outcoached. We missed to many free throws. We turned the ball over too many times. We missed too many open looks at the basket. Our shooters aren't hitting any outside shots. Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh combining for thirty one points. Battier, Allen, Chalmers and Coles not bringing much of anything is why we lost. Personally I feel like if these players begin to knock down shots it is over for Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT