ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN POST SPRING TOP 25

GZUSLUVSU_1

SuperCane
Aug 5, 2013
Bird Road
Post spring top 25 and in my opinion way underrated but that's what happens when the draft hits and injuries occur i.e..King
I noticed that Alabama is going to have a major wall at the offensive line position and two really good wide receivers..... But if you look at our incoming additions I like our dog breed better than their dog breed..... I will take our pitBulls versus their canine German shepherds!!!

25. Miami Hurricanes

2020 record: 8-3 (7-2 ACC)
Projected returning starters: nine offense, seven defense, one special teams
Key losses: DE Jaelan Phillips, DE Quincy Roche, TE Brevin Jordan, K Jose Borregales
Key additions: WR Charleston Rambo, DE Deandre Johnson, S Avantae Williams, CB Tyrique Stevenson, LB Chase Smith, S Kamren Kinchens, DT Leonard Taylor, LB James Williams, QB Jake Garcia
Previous Way-Too-Early ranking: 25

Outlook: The Hurricanes' best news coming out of the spring was that quarterback D'Eriq King, who tore an ACL in the first half of the Cheez-It Bowl, was "smashing every benchmark" in his return and remained on track to be ready for the state of the season. Miami coach Manny Diaz told reporters that King was running again and throwing from a stationary position.

Still, Miami worked to get freshmen Tyler Van Dyke and Garcia ready to go in case King isn't available. Van Dyke played in two games in 2020; Garcia was the No. 23 prospect in the 2021 ESPN 300 and enrolled early. Former starter N'Kosi Perry transferred to Florida Atlantic, and Tate Martell entered the transfer portal (again).

Three highly regarded transfers -- Johnson from Tennessee, Stevenson from Georgia and Rambo from Oklahoma -- had big impacts during the spring

Reactions: grant1998
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News