ADVERTISEMENT

Just Saw The Movie "American Sniper..." - THANK YOU Military Hurricanes.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
As always, God Bless our men and women of the Armed Forces. I couldn't be more proud of those who have served our country and I'm so proud to be a donor of the Wounded Warrior Project. Clint Eastwood did a MASTERFUL job with that movie, and Bradley Cooper was amazing! Oh, and F**K YOU Michael Moore...

THANK YOU again and ALWAYS to our Hurricane brethren who have served in either the Army, Navy, or Air Force. The vast majority of the audience stood and APPLAUDED the movie for honoring Chris Kyle and having a great American Patriotic feel to it.

Damn that was emotional.

Re: Just Saw The Movie "American Sniper..." - THANK YOU Military Hurr

+1 I also enjoyed that movie.. Good movie to catch for those who haven't seen it
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Saw it 3x already. Unreal.
Originally posted by advarkas:

As always, God Bless our men and women of the Armed Forces. I couldn't be more proud of those who have served our country and I'm so proud to be a donor of the Wounded Warrior Project. Clint Eastwood did a MASTERFUL job with that movie, and Bradley Cooper was amazing! Oh, and F**K YOU Michael Moore...

THANK YOU again and ALWAYS to our Hurricane brethren who have served in either the Army, Navy, or Air Force. The vast majority of the audience stood and APPLAUDED the movie for honoring Chris Kyle and having a great American Patriotic feel to it.

Damn that was emotional.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Dont jump on me for saying this I just read a lot of reports that the movie has a lot of BS in it.

Gary and Matt will be moving this thread to the Lounge in 3.2.1....

1 million repetitive negative sludge retarded posts by posters who should of been aborted at birth, day after day after day is fine for this room, but something uplifting and historic about an American Hero gets moved to the spam folder.

Every time Hollywood starts coming out with patriotic movies they are getting us ready for another war.

Very entertaining movie. Even though they made the story very Hollywoodish and flat out lied with much of the story. It was an enjoyable feel good movie.But people should read the book if you want the real story.

Bradley Coopers portrayal of a military man who exudes focus, integrity and impeccable character. These are traits sorely lacking in our society, totally lacking amongst our politicians and most of the people on this board. He gives you hope that these characteristics still exist. Great Movie.

Lied about what ?? He was awarded 2 silver stars , 5 bronze , 2 Purple Hearts and several other medals. His " kill count " was verified " by the navy. Probably under counted , and did 4 tours .

Had to have his funeral in the largest stadium in the USA, ( thanks Jerry) .

The only knock I have against this Texan warrior is that he was a Longhorn.

I'm not gonna sit and denigrate a fellow veteran, but do your research. The man was a pathological 'story teller', and stretched the truth.

Armchair warriors like Imaggio, 10 deferral Dick Cheney and Champagne Unit National Guard W. (both ducked Nam) tend to glorify war. Clint Eastwood served but was a home based swimming instructor during Korea. Haven't seen movie but killing people who have been invaded is a troubling issue for me as is glorifying a budget- busting invasion (Iraq) our grandchildren will be paying for because W didn't want to fund it.

I agree with Rand Paul on this. Wars are a last resort.

Excelletn post advarkas, everytime I meet an ex service man I say thank you from my family and I. Yes F**K you Michael Moore and that other ungratefull young movie star I forgot his name.

Originally posted by advarkas:

Damn that was emotional.

AD, thanks!

As a Reservist, I am most proud when I get to help those "guys" out.

I have the utmost respect for the seriousness of their profession!

Originally posted by canesrule21'ships:

Well, that last resort will be here as soon as Iran gets nuclear capability. Take that to the bank.

Obviously, Rand Paul didn't lose any family or friends in the 911 attack.

You are welcome sir and I would like to thank the men and women who served before me and the ones who continue to serve today and in the future

The movie confirms the phrase "War is Hell". For most that live through it, their battle just begins.

Love how some above (post #19 in this thread for example) have to use this opportunity to spew their ignorance. This movie had zero content about who voted to go to war. Just the brave men and woman who "volunteered" to go fight it. And I'm sure if you were forced to go over there and fight it I would be pulling your curled up, crying, shyt covered ass out of your bunker.

And thanks for the shout out ad.

Semper Fi
'80-'84

You may be right but as I understand it we invaded Iraq not Iran. Iraq was enemy of Iran and we previously funded Iraq in a war against Iran. Go figure.

Originally posted by NCTopgoon:

Well, that last resort will be here as soon as Iran gets nuclear capability. Take that to the bank.

I did a little research about what was "false" about the movie and it's nothing major. Yeah at the end of the day they have to bend some things to actually make it a movie but it's definitely not "propaganda" how some people are making it out to be. The central focus is what this man and his family had to endure and the movie stays true to that.

Oh and Iraq had nothing to do with 911. Iraq just had yellow cake and weapons of mass destruction which we never found.
Originally posted by canesr...;ships:
You may be right but as I understand it we invaded Iraq not Iran. Iraq was enemy of Iran and we previously funded Iraq in a war against Iran. Go figure.

Originally posted by NCTopgoon:

Originally posted by Fjzerpa:
I did a little research about what was "false" about the movie and it's nothing major. Yeah at the end of the day they have to bend some things to actually make it a movie but it's definitely not "propaganda" how some people are making it out to be. The central focus is what this man and his family had to endure and the movie stays true to that.

Exactly. It is a movie, not a documentary. They did things like add a particular "bad guy" to focus on to give the movie a story arc. Events were combined and dramatized. Things like that. One particular thing that he didn't really do was obviously added for dramatic effect (I won't state it so it doesn't spoil but if you have seen it I'm talking about the first kill).

Overall, the great thing about this movie was how it gave you a window into what it is like to be a member of the military that is deployed to fight a war and the effect it has on them as well as their families. The movie doesn't take sides about the war, it tells the story of somebody that was in it.

To echo advarkas, thank you to all that volunteer to serve our country and allow us to have the freedom and safety to argue about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme like Al Golden.

The military made this country. From the Revolutionary War .. which birthed this nation .. through WW1 and WW2 .. which literally saved the free world, the US military has defended freedom and liberty for mankind .. literally. Anyone who does not support and feel proud of our military men and women is blind. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I have read the book. Very unfortunate that he had to die .. back home .. trying to help traumatized ex soldiers. I enlisted while in college in '67. Most of the men in my wife's family have been USMC .. and proud of it. All volunteered then .. and now. My nephew just graduated from the Naval Academy ..taking his commission as a Marine. He could have attended any university in the country on a Lacrosse scholarship .. but chose the Academy. I am jealous!!

Caneships,

We're you over there? We're you privy to the security briefings. Rhetorical question. Just stop. You don't know. Just say thank you, eat your Cocoa-Puffs and go on about your day.

Since this is a football site, I encourage all to attend a game at one of the academies. I've been to West Point and the Naval Academy. Enjoyed both. They run a catamaran to West Point From the Highlands in NJ. Stops picks up in Manhatten then up the Hudson you go. Great way to go. It's called Sea Streek

There is not 1....... and I mean NOT ONE war movie that is 100% true.

In fact, I could point out some glarring defects in all documentaries too.

That said..... go see Fury too....

No I wasn't. But nothing was found. Well documented lies by W., Chicken Hawk Cheney and "Condee". A lie is a lie. 5,000 of our forces killed many others traumatized or maimed for life. Not to mention the body count for the manufactured "enemy."
I say thank you to the Constitution every day where I can question my government and not be on my knees to it.

Originally posted by Shady16:
Caneships,

We're you over there? We're you privy to the security briefings. Rhetorical question. Just stop. You don't know. Just say thank you, eat your Cocoa-Puffs and go on about your day.

Based upon a convergence of the factors of (1) meaningful industry relevance in conjunction with (2) the time horizon involved in being a major Hollywood figure, there has never quite been a career in Hollywood like the one Clint Eastwood has enjoyed.

He is a legitimate and rare living legend. From "Rawhide" to the Sergio Leone "Man With No Name" westerns, to "Dirty Harry" to "Unforgiven" and beyond, it has been an amazing career.

Transitioning from a television actor, to a top box office draw (often worldwide number 1), to a respected an acclaimed director...an amazing career. Started in the industry in the 1950's, achieved major stardom in 1964 with the introduction of The Man With No Name in "A Fistfull of Dollars." and now in 2015 he is still very relevant and a major industry force.

Personal favorites - the three "dollar" films, The Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, Dirty Harry, Unforgiven, In The Line of Fire, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Gran Torino, Letters From Iwo Jima.

The man is 84 years old...

Originally posted by ZEKEMUG:
Since this is a football site, I encourage all to attend a game at one of the academies. I've been to West Point and the Naval Academy. Enjoyed both. They run a catamaran to West Point From the Highlands in NJ. Stops picks up in Manhatten then up the Hudson you go. Great way to go. It's called Sea Streek
Great challenge ZEKEMUG.

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend games at Annapolis and Michie Stadium. But I must say, my favorite was Colorado Springs. 46,000 at Falcon Stadium in November is something else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT