ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Trumps predictions of Bidens actions are................

Here's some data for you from the Canadian side.

Evaluating Safety Metrics for Oil Transportation Both railways and pipelines in Canada have made significant efforts to minimize spills and ensure the safe transport of crude oil. These efforts have included investments and improvements in training, engineering processes, safety culture, and technology.

Between 2012 and 2014, Canadian pipelines and railways together transported 252.7 billion gallons of crude oil8 ; of this, 729,700 gallons were reported spilled.

This means that together railways and pipelines delivered 99.9997 percent of the gallons they transported without spillage. Some industry studies have examined the number of oil spill incidents involving crude oil and related products and drawn the conclusion that pipelines provide a safer alternative for moving these products. These analyses have used as their basis of comparison what is known as the “incident rate,” which is based on how many separate release incidents each mode has experienced. Using a different metric, known as the “spill rate,” which is based on the total volume of oil each mode has released, would have led these studies to the opposite conclusion: that railways provide the safer alternative. Thus, the most balanced view involves looking at these two sets of figures together, to determine what story they tell about the safety characteristics of each mode and their relative levels of risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There goes the environmental argument. And more importantly, the broader issue is that our entire national energy policy is slowly going away from fossil fuels, so there's really no rational argument to keep heavily investing in the infrastrucutre.

The Dems have always been against projects like this in recent years due to the fact that their platform is moving away from fossil fuels and towards clean energy, since that's where a vast majority of future jobs are.
A) It's not their platform it's America b) the entire world economy is and has been moving towards alternative / clean energy. You think the private sector is waiting for the Federal Gov't? What is so dishonest about you liberals is that you really believe conservatives are against these moves. You somehow believe that if you FORCE the issue then magically we no longer need fossil fuel like oil and gas. This trend has been happening for 25 years with public buses going to natural gas, electric cars, wind, solar, even nuclear. We have ZERO problem with any of that but we are not there yet. It will take time. We understand that, liberals do not. We also understand America has led the world while China, India, Russia lag and are not required to be on the same pace as USA. We have cut or reduced carbon emissions DRAMATICALLY over the last 25 years.

Here's some data for you from the Canadian side.

Evaluating Safety Metrics for Oil Transportation Both railways and pipelines in Canada have made significant efforts to minimize spills and ensure the safe transport of crude oil. These efforts have included investments and improvements in training, engineering processes, safety culture, and technology.

Between 2012 and 2014, Canadian pipelines and railways together transported 252.7 billion gallons of crude oil8 ; of this, 729,700 gallons were reported spilled.

This means that together railways and pipelines delivered 99.9997 percent of the gallons they transported without spillage. Some industry studies have examined the number of oil spill incidents involving crude oil and related products and drawn the conclusion that pipelines provide a safer alternative for moving these products. These analyses have used as their basis of comparison what is known as the “incident rate,” which is based on how many separate release incidents each mode has experienced. Using a different metric, known as the “spill rate,” which is based on the total volume of oil each mode has released, would have led these studies to the opposite conclusion: that railways provide the safer alternative. Thus, the most balanced view involves looking at these two sets of figures together, to determine what story they tell about the safety characteristics of each mode and their relative levels of risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There goes the environmental argument. And more importantly, the broader issue is that our entire national energy policy is slowly going away from fossil fuels, so there's really no rational argument to keep heavily investing in the infrastrucutre.
Canada disagrees with you

Reactions: mahb and CaneBandit
A) It's not their platform it's America b) the entire world economy is and has been moving towards alternative / clean energy. You think the private sector is waiting for the Federal Gov't? What is so dishonest about you liberals is that you really believe conservatives are against these moves. You somehow believe that if you FORCE the issue then magically we no longer need fossil fuel like oil and gas. This trend has been happening for 25 years with public buses going to natural gas, electric cars, wind, solar, even nuclear. We have ZERO problem with any of that but we are not there yet. It will take time. We understand that, liberals do not. We also understand America has led the world while China, India, Russia lag and are not required to be on the same pace as USA. We have cut or reduced carbon emissions DRAMATICALLY over the last 25 years.
That’s why he is Radical Raoul

They literally don't given that what I posted is from Canada.
Yes because in addition to risk and pollution railway systems can only handle so much traffic flow. Only 1 train on the track at a time Raoul and other goods need those tracks not just oil.

Yes because in addition to risk and pollution railway systems can only handle so much traffic flow. Only 1 train on the track at a time Raoul and other goods need those tracks not just oil.

That's where the 85% currently coming in via pipelines comes in. If only 15% is coming in via rail and rail vs pipeline are pretty even in terms of spill rates, then you're not really left with much of an argument are you.

Cmon guys. Will you ever criticize Trump? He’s a sleazy liar.

Then , we can move on to critique Biden.

Central.

Cmon man. You are lurching towards the capillary.

Why not criticize DJT?

I have critized Trump, a number of times, as recently as last week.
Trump is no longer the issue. Biden is.

Please explain to the 11,000 people, that lost their jobs; plus their families, plus the affected supporting jobs of their local communities, what Trump has to do with their no longer being able to pay the mortgage, car note, college tuition, healthcare etc?

Also how does putting those people out of work do anything to combat COVID?

Last edited:
I have critized Trump, a number of times, as recently as last week.
Trump is no longer the issue. Biden is.

Please explain to the 11,000 people, that lost their jobs; plus their families, plus the affected supporting jobs of their local communities, what Trump has to do with their no longer being able to pay the mortgage, car note, college tuition, healthcare etc?

Also how does putting those people out of work do anything to combat COVID?
Or the environment

Reactions: central17
HJ and 17,

As you hammer down on the pipeline, it reminds me of the professor I had so many years ago:

* you’ve sprung for the capillary, Mr.........,

I was Mr. .......

Now, as you ignore Trump’s sedition and ignore his Covid incompetence, I call your attention to his insistence that the election was rigged and a fraud. His new lawyers have quit. His staff has abandoned hIm.

Your laser focus on the pipeline and other EOs obscure the big picture: you were conned!

HJ and 17,

As you hammer down on the pipeline, it reminds me of the professor I had so many years ago:

I was Mr. .......

Now, as you ignore Trump’s sedition and ignore his Covid incompetence, I call your attention to his insistence that the election was rigged and a fraud. His new lawyers have quit. His staff has abandoned hIm.

Your laser focus on the pipeline and other EOs obscure the big picture: you were conned!
You still suffer. You can't even debate a topic without bringing up Trump. He's living rent free in your head. We love that.

True. Guess he was accurate on the campaign trail.
Keystone XL pipeline HALTED
Funding for overseas abortions American taxpayers RENEWED
Fracking HALTED
Oil and Gas leases Federal Lands HALTED
Antifa riots Portland Seattle CONTINUE

Could go on. Our new country is going to be great!! All hail King Joseph!
You missed one- the Pandemic would disappear!

Reactions: HJCane
HJ and 17,

I was Mr. .......

A professor once told me this tactic is called “deflection” to shift from losing a debate on a particular topic.

These sheep would just follow it too.

Speaking of sheep, have you seen the latest from Trump’s leading defender in the House...the crazy batshit Congresswoman?

She contends that the terrible fires in California were caused by “Jewish lasers.”

For you in particular, HJ, I cannot understand how a Jew can remain allied with Right Wing nut jobs.

HJ and 17,

I was Mr. .......

Sir, I think you miss the point. What Trump did or did not do, at this point does not affect my life or the majority of American's lives. The only lives that Trump now truly affects are those in the US Congress and the media. Neither group is paying my bills. Joe Biden has firmly taken responsibility for COVID, the US economy, defense, safety and political climate with his unprecedented flurry of executive orders. He has far more influence on American life and COVID than any January tweet of Donald Trump. Success or failure is 100% on Biden's shoulders.

I am still waiting for an answer as to how Joe Biden's unilateral cancellation of the Keystone Pipeline without debate or publication of current supporting scientific data has any positive affects on fighting COVID, improving the COVID torn economy or unifying the country?

Reactions: utatem
Speaking of sheep, have you seen the latest from Trump’s leading defender in the House...the crazy batshit Congresswoman?

She contends that the terrible fires in California were caused by “Jewish lasers.”

For you in particular, HJ, I cannot understand how a Jew can remain allied with Right Wing nut jobs.
Sorry, I don’t follow conspiracy theories or Trump. Trump is gone.

Sorry, I don’t follow conspiracy theories or Trump. Trump is gone.

I wish you were right that”Trump is gone.” He is still the unchallenged leader of the GOP. Leader McCarthy flew to Mar a Lago last week to reaffirm his loyalty to DJT. Kissed his ass, again.

The GOP is in desperate need of a unified platform and new leadership. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen anytime soon.

As to the pipeline, it’s not an issue that animates me on either side of the debate. Biden is doing what he said he would.

I wish you were right that”Trump is gone.” He is still the unchallenged leader of the GOP. Leader McCarthy flew to Mar a Lago last week to reaffirm his loyalty to DJT. Kissed his ass, again.

The GOP is in desperate need of a unified platform and new leadership. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen anytime soon.

As to the pipeline, it’s not an issue that animates me on either side of the debate. Biden is doing what he said he would.

Keystone animates the people whose lives that King Joe destroyed with a stroke of a pen to repay a campaign contribution. It also hurts the poor and middle class whose gasoline costs have risen over 10% this month.

Yes, Bidens executive orders have absolutely harmed the poor and middle class in January 2021. Donald Trump has not. Sorry, but a goofy loon sitting at Pelosi's desk is not what the average American wakes up worrying about. But having their same dollars since Biden, be able to buy less gas and food does concern them.

Still waiting for your explanation as to how cancelling the Keystone helps the immediate crisis of COVID and COVID related economic problems?

Last edited:
Keystone animates the people whose lives that King Joe destroyed with a stroke of a pen to repay a campaign contribution. It also hurts the poor and middle class whose gasoline costs have risen over 10% this month.

Yes, Bidens executive orders have absolutely harmed the poor and middle class in January 2021. Donald Trump has not. Sorry, but a goofy loon sitting at Pelosi's desk is not what the average American wakes up worrying about. But having their same dollars since Biden, be able to buy less gas and food does concern them.

Still waiting for your explanation as to how cancelling the Keystone helps the immediate crisis of COVID and COVID related economic problems?

Pipeline issue has no relationship to Covid related economic problems. I thought you knew that already. Didn’t know you needed my confirmation.

It’s not clear to me the net effect on jobs caused by cancelling the pipeline. I assume that trucks and trains will grow to handle transportation of the product previously destined for the pipeline. Don’t know how they balance out.

I do know that the deaths of 430,000+ Americans from Covid has a devastating impact (emotional and financial) on the families of the deceased. DJT shrugged this off saying “It is what it is.” I haven’t seen the concern and empathy you show for the pipeline workers extended to the families of the Covid victims. Did I miss it?

Pipeline issue has no relationship to Covid related economic problems. I thought you knew that already. Didn’t know you needed my confirmation.

It’s not clear to me the net effect on jobs caused by cancelling the pipeline. I assume that trucks and trains will grow to handle transportation of the product previously destined for the pipeline. Don’t know how they balance out.

I do know that the deaths of 430,000+ Americans from Covid has a devastating impact (emotional and financial) on the families of the deceased. DJT shrugged this off saying “It is what it is.” I haven’t seen the concern and empathy you show for the pipeline workers extended to the families of the Covid victims. Did I miss it?

You can't argue with illogic. If you advance an argument that is found disagreeable you could find yourself reported due to a fever pitched fantasy. I'd drop it if I were you, everybody doesn't live in reality.

Pipeline issue has no relationship to Covid related economic problems. I thought you knew that already. Didn’t know you needed my confirmation.But

Cortez,

I do have empathy for those negatively impacted by COVID. Currently worried about a business associate on a ventilator. Have helped in my own quiet way a number of people affected. Not sure why you would think otherwise? You don't know me, who I know or what I do.

The difference is COVID is a random airborne disease. Biden made a purposeful and willful political decision (Keystone) that has crushed many hard working people's lives. He obviously views them as acceptable collateral damage.

Last edited:
Cortez,

I do have empathy for those negatively impacted by COVID. Currently worried about a business associate on a ventilator. Have helped in my own quiet way a number of people affected. Not sure why you would think otherwise? You don't know me, who I know or what I do.

The difference is COVID is a random airborne disease. Biden made a purposeful and willful political decision (Keystone) that has crushed many hard working people's lives. He obviously views them as acceptable collateral damage.
These crazy people love labels and identity politics. It allows them to generalize groups while stoking emotions (usually through race). It also doesn’t require them to do their own research.

Reactions: krvanness

Would it also be fair to assume that all those trains and trucks spewing out noxious fumes will have a devastating impact on the health of Americans? Now add in the increased costs of 20 per barrel for trucks and trains compared to the pipeline and the increased costs of oil and gas will also have a devastating impact on those that are already struggling so bad financially. What was the rush to do this so fast other than to repay Warren Buffett for his $58 million contribution to Quid Pro Joe's campaign?

You can put a suit on this anyway you want. Trump was easily the worst president in American history so we don't give a shit what has to say. In fact, I would rather if he says anything it is from a jail cell.

Cortez,

Like the lives of those children the Trump administration seperated from their parents?

Biden ran on a specific set of policies which everyone knew about and millions of people voted for him over Trump. So the post-election crocodile tears come across as somewhat bizarre given we knew where both candidates stood on issues.
Biden isnt making any policy. the guy isnt all there. Its Susan Rice ,Pelosi and Schumer pulling the strings. Its the movie Being There except its real. Most Democrats voted because they were fed endless lies about Trump or felt they would benefit financially with higher wages or more benefits . Opening the borders and reducing their job prospects, increasing crime ,destroying energy independence and raising the cost of energy was not on their minds yet they all voted for that.
But the Dens are very good at tricking the simple minded and desperate people with the proper carrots like racial division and economic envy. While that strategy can get votes it never leads to constructive governing. Trump was elected because of Obama's failures. Biden is really Obama III because the same wrecking crew telling Biden what to say was in the failed Obama regime.

Biden isnt making any policy. the guy isnt all there. Its Susan Rice ,Pelosi and Schumer pulling the strings. Its the movie Being There except its real. Most Democrats voted because they were fed endless lies about Trump or felt they would benefit financially with higher wages or more benefits . Opening the borders and reducing their job prospects, increasing crime ,destroying energy independence and raising the cost of energy was not on their minds yet they all voted for that.
But the Dens are very good at tricking the simple minded and desperate people with the proper carrots like racial division and economic envy. While that strategy can get votes it never leads to constructive governing. Trump was elected because of Obama's failures. Biden is really Obama III because the same wrecking crew telling Biden what to say was in the failed Obama regime.
That’s about as perfect as it gets - excellent post - truth

The oil continue to come in from Canada, so keystone isn't needed, especially since we are moving towards a green economy to combat climate change.
[/QUOTE
So tell us why gas is already up 50cents a gallons.
Come on Raoul, To say Keystone pipeline isnt needed is plain silly!
Yeah lets be DEPENDENT on the Middle East once again
Pfft

Gas prices are always going to fluctuate Majus. Most of it depends on global supply and demand, not on whether tiny amounts of oil get shipped in via pipeline or train from Canada. Long term - oil is going away so maybe we need to start thinking big picture and investing in renewable energy since that's where most of the jobs will be.

Ya'll still on that myth? I remember the accusations that he couldn't conduct a presser or anything else, that he would be embarrassed in the debates.

Seriously, stick to the other nonsense because his competency is to easily contrasted with his predecessor's and its not a good look for the predecessor.

Gas prices are always going to fluctuate Majus. Most of it depends on global supply and demand, not on whether tiny amounts of oil get shipped in via pipeline or train from Canada. Long term - oil is going away so maybe we need to start thinking big picture and investing in renewable energy since that's where most of the jobs will be.
Agreed, however when you are gas independent, it makes a world of difference.
My point is very simple gas has risen 50cents unless than a month, Eliminate Keystone pipeline that took ten years to create???? Fuk politics. Totally absurd.
Which is why I dont come to lounge anymore. No one wants to be objective, believe what you choose.
Furthermore one day hopefully we will be zero emissions, however not in your lifetime, so pay attention NOW!

Agreed, however when you are gas independent, it makes a world of difference.
My point is very simple gas has risen 50cents unless than a month, Eliminate Keystone pipeline that took ten years to create???? Fuk politics. Totally absurd.
Which is why I dont come to lounge anymore. No one wants to be objective, believe what you choose.
Furthermore one day hopefully we will be zero emissions, however not in your lifetime, so pay attention NOW!

You don’t “come to the lounge anymore”? Where are you?

You don’t “come to the lounge anymore”? Where are you?
In a very happy place. I havent watch 30 seconds of news since Nov 4th. Honestly so much happier. Always thought politics was BS. However when Trump got black balled by the media I started to pay attention. However I realize its al BS, nothing basically changes.
So in this case “ignorance is bliss” and I love it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT