ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball McGusty returning to Miami

mshodell

SuperCane
Staff
Jul 31, 2001
Miami, FL
miami.rivals.com
The University of Miami announced Tuesday afternoon that Kameron McGusty of the men’s basketball team will come back to school for the 2021-22 season.

The 6-foot-5, 190-pound guard initially put his name into consideration for the 2021 NBA Draft, while maintaining his collegiate eligibility, but has elected to return to Miami.

McGusty has appeared in 48 games over two seasons as a Hurricane, earning 39 starts and scoring in double figures 35 times. He is averaging 12.8 points and 3.9 rebounds in 31.0 minutes per game at Miami.

During the 2020-21 season, McGusty posted career bests in points (13.3), assists (2.8) and steals (1.3) per outing, and shot a career-high 44.5 percent from the floor. The Katy, Texas, native was one of 15 ACC players with multiple 25-point performances on the year and he earned ACC All-Tournament Second Team accolades.

The 2021-22 campaign will be McGusty’s sixth as a collegian and fourth at Miami, as he sat out the 2018-19 season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules.

QUOTES

Kameron McGusty:
“I learned a lot while going through the pre-draft process with NBA teams and feel the best decision for me is to return to Miami and continue to hone my skills. I am excited to improve as a player under Coach L’s guidance, while helping lead this program to wins and getting us back to the postseason. I can’t wait to be back on the court with my teammates at The U.”

Head coach Jim Larrañaga:
“Going through the NBA pre-draft process was a beneficial experience for Kam. We are excited he made the decision to return to Miami, not only because he is an excellent player and person, but also so we can help him achieve his professional dreams in the future. We look forward to coaching Kam, a dedicated and committed member of the Miami basketball program, for another season.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News