ADVERTISEMENT

New Online Post by my Physician Friend

If the sites you get your political news from are not down the middle, you are not getting honest information. For political news, the fairest, straight down the middle site is thehill.com. If you are a liberal, you will read it & opine it is a conservative site. If you are a conservative, you will think it is a liberal site. My point is that they hold each side accountable.

In addition, although the WSJ Opinion pages, and the Editorial Board, lean heavily conservative, their news pages & reporting is pretty much straight down the middle

Reactions: utatem
If the sites you get your political news from are not down the middle, you are not getting honest information. For political news, the fairest, straight down the middle site is thehill.com. If you are a liberal, you will read it & opine it is a conservative site. If you are a conservative, you will think it is a liberal site. My point is that they hold each side accountable.

In addition, although the WSJ Opinion pages, and the Editorial Board, lean heavily conservative, their news pages & reporting is pretty much straight down the middle
I read the hill. The writing is not as good as Powerline. And, they are not as smart as the guys who write Powerline. But the hill mainly slants left although they have conservative writers, who again, just like the liberals, are not great writers.
As far as the Wall Street Journal, I used to subscribe to it for years. Now, I have moved on and I do not bother to read it.
These days there is no such thing as down the middle reporting. Everyone has a narrative.

Reactions: Neil 212
I read the hill. The writing is not as good as Powerline. And, they are not as smart as the guys who write Powerline. But the hill mainly slants left although they have conservative writers, who again, just like the liberals, are not great writers.
As far as the Wall Street Journal, I used to subscribe to it for years. Now, I have moved on and I do not bother to read it.
These days there is no such thing as down the middle reporting. Everyone has a narrative.
Truth. If you think your source is trustworthy, you have let them fool you. That’s why you need multiple high quality sources.

I subscribe to BernardGoldberg.com. A bargain at $4/month. He is the best media analyst in the business. On the topic of the media he always says: It is called the "news business" for a reason. It's not journalism any more, it is themed content so people on either side can get their opinions confirmed.

By the way, the 2nd best media analyst in my opinion is Joe Concha of thehill.com

I maintain PowerLineBlog as the best.
For example, anyone that believed that Putin preferred Trump over Hillary and then spent large sums of money to make that happen has to be a person that is not capable of logical thinking... no matter what they read. If you can not logically think, reading all day is not going to help you.
BTW, if a person is going to rely upon reading to form their political opinions, stay away from day to day publications, and start reading good history books.

Reactions: Neil 212
I would start off with this one. Figues supports the Labor Party. The difference between him and the day to day writers is that he is a genius. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38155.A_People_s_Tragedy
Then I would read this one. Written by another left winger it exposes those who call conservatives fascists as idiots.
That one is in my que! lol. I realized that I’ve been reading way too much political stuff at the expense of more personal development. Lately, I’ve been reading more about science based fitness and health, meditation/mindfulness, and insomnia. I was a PhD student in economics at Northwestern University before I had to leave to start making money in the 1980s. So, economic history has been a special interest of mine for a long time.

Reactions: lima23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT