ADVERTISEMENT

New - Wed. Night Baseball: UM vs UCF - Knights whip Canes, 10-5

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final Update:

Well, Caniacs...we were tied 1-1 going into the bottom of the 5th when the flood gates opened for Greg Lovelady's team as the Knights scored 2 in the 5th...4 in the 6th and 3 in the 7th before we scored 4x in the top of the 9th, thanks to a grand slam by CJ Kayfus...

It will be a long ride home for this team to think about what they are, and are not , doing...

We get 4 runs on 3 hits and leave 1 on base...to make the final score a bit more respectable...

UCF gets their first win at home vs Miami in 10 games...

Final Line Score:
TeamsRunsHitsErrorsLOB
UM5738
UCF10803

PITCHING
LP: Rosario (0-1) As a reliever in the 5th for starter Garland who was pulled after only 49 pitches and tied 1-1, Alejandro was rocked for 6 runs, 4 earned, on 4 hits, 1 BB and only 2 Ks over 2 innings pitched.

BATTING
Kayfus: Grand slam 4 RBIs
Levenson: Solo HR

FIELDING
3 errors...4th time we've lost a game this year (out of 5) we committed multiple errors...sense a pattern here?

RECORDS
Canes fall to 11-5, Knight up to 12-5...

FINAL GAME STATS
Go here

UP NEXT
On the road again for the 3-game weekend series at Clemson

Caniacs...no getting around it...this was a stinker in the field, on the mound, and until the 9th, at the plate.

Thanks for being a part of this game thread...I hope U can join me Friday night hoping Miami can buckle up and find a way to rebound against the 19th ranked Tigers who lost to GA St in their midweek game this week.

Go Canes!

------------------------------

Good evening, Caniacs...

Better late than never...almost a 2 hour weather delay but at least we play and the UM fans who are at
the UCF park can see their Canes!

After 15 home games the Canes hit the road for the first time this season traveling north to Orlando
to play the UCF Knights led by former Canes catcher Greg Lovelady. The Canes are 11-4 while UCF is 11-5
Their best win is a 1-0 victory over then No. 2 Ole Miss. They lost Game 1, 8-7 and Game 3, 9-1.

Jake Garland will be on the mound for the U vs righty William Saxton.

MEDIA INFO
How to Watch:
UM vs UCF (Courtesy: ESPN+) (subscription based/$6.99/mo.)
How to Listen: WVUM 90.5 (Courtesy: WVUM) (Getting music but their site shows they are at the game)
How to Follow Live Game Stats: UM vs UCF (Courtesy: UM/statbroadcast)

BTW, I don't have ESPN+ and WVUM is not on site so all I have is live stats. I will do the best I can with
what I have. Even the UCF radio station WUCF 89.9 FM isn't carrying the game.

Back with the first-half inning ASAP.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Reactions: canezila
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News