ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP/OT: American Sniper..

GoCanes4343

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2010
Briefly just wanted to say that everyone should give the autobiography of Chris Kyle a read if not at the least see the movie. Absolutely incredible and inspiring.

I'm not trying to be political and have a debate over "should we have fought this war". That's not what this book/movie is about. You have a right to your opinion and I have the duty to respect it regardless I agree or not.

Simply, thank you to all of you who serve or have served. I thank you every day for my freedoms. Believe me, you're not alone when you come home, people care!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Great movie.

The ending, where they showed real footage of his funeral while the credits rolled, was very emotional.

Originally posted by Noah.Hanover:
Briefly just wanted to say that everyone should give the autobiography of Chris Kyle a read if not at the least see the movie. Absolutely incredible and inspiring.

I'm not trying to be political and have a debate over "should we have fought this war". That's not what this book/movie is about. You have a right to your opinion and I have the duty to respect it regardless I agree or not.

Simply, thank you to all of you who serve or have served. I thank you every day for my freedoms. Believe me, you're not alone when you come home, people care!
AMEN !!!

True American Hero!!!!!

Thankful that we have people like this protecting our values and way of life!

The struggles of war are even tougher off the battlefield. Kyle was as great of a hero still trying to save his "brothers" out of theater as in. Tragic death from someone he was trying to help.

Originally posted by Noah.Hanover:

Very well said!

Thanks to all of you who have served and continue to do so

My ex wife worked in the VA Hospital here in Miami many years back under the watch of both Republican and Democratic administrations, and the fact is that none did no where near as much for our heroes that come home and that is shameful. Our returning warriors should receive the absolute best medical care, resources, financial assistance to transition back. If we can spend it on weapons, we have to spend it on those who use them to protect us with their lives.

Op....i dont care about the ratings.... in your opinion is this movie appropriate for a teenage viewing? I was going to take my 15yr daughter who was very intrigued about the story on Fri night but decided against it until i heard a bit more about it.

Originally posted by samagy16:
Op....i dont care about the ratings.... in your opinion is this movie appropriate for a teenage viewing? I was going to take my 15yr daughter who was very intrigued about the story on Fri night but decided against it until i heard a bit more about it.
Depends. While it isn't quite "Scarface" there are some Fbombs and of course some fairly graphic, realistic scenes of people getting shot (spoiler alert) including children and women. So, your call on what your daughter can handle.

Originally posted by Joetoth:

Depends. While it isn't quite "Scarface" there are some Fbombs and of course some fairly graphic, realistic scenes of people getting shot (spoiler alert) including children and women. So, your call on what your daughter can handle.

Thnks for the info

"House to house" is probably one of the most intense books I've read. A book about the military taking the strong hold of Fallujah (sp) and going street to street and house to house fighting insurgents. That book just edges out "Lone Survivor". If you watched the movie and thought, wow! You should grab the book, it seemed way more intense without the Hollywood ending the movie had.

Originally posted by pramis123:
My ex wife worked in the VA Hospital here in Miami many years back under the watch of both Republican and Democratic administrations, and the fact is that none did no where near as much for our heroes that come home and that is shameful. Our returning warriors should receive the absolute best medical care, resources, financial assistance to transition back. If we can spend it on weapons, we have to spend it on those who use them to protect us with their lives.
+100000000000000000000

The graphics and language are nothing compared to most movies out today. The part I would be concerned with is the maturity level it takes to understand the seriousness of the movie. It's not an action war movie. Whoever watches it needs to be mature enough to understand the seriousness of war and be able to appreciate the sacrifice made by our military men. I have a teenage daughter that watched it and she was more hung up on the fact that Bradley Cooper, her favorite actor, sounded dumb trying to talk with a southern accent as she put it. We did have a serious talk after that about understanding the sacrifices made by those in our armed services, not just the soldiers but their families as well.

I never personally met him, but he killed the sniper that killed Cpl Chris Leon. From talking with some of my old team members he was a good dude...hell, most of them are!

I did some volunteer work at a VA Med Center in Dublin, GA at the Rehab facility and I can tell you first hand this government surely neglects our retired warriors.

I know things are getting better but there is no reason a veteran should come home and step off the bus as a homeless person. We can't support everyone on this country who any support themselves but out of all we should be there for those men and women.

I read the book and can't wait to see the movie once the crowds thin out.

For those who've read the book or plan to take note.

Kyle has been accused of fabricating some incidents in the book.

like the part where he's in a bar with some Seal buddies and he punched out a celebrity ex Seal for badmouthing Bush. This celebrity was none other than Jess Ventura who says it never happened. Ventura successfully sued the Kyle estate and he was backed by other Seals.

There's another part in the book where he's patrolling New Orleans post Katrina and he claims he picked off a couple of looters. That has not been verified and is considered poppycock as well.

I read somewhere the latest publication of the book have omitted the bar incident.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT