ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket for sale

hurricaneU45

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2008
I have one extra ticket that I bought by mistake. Section 129 $100 (tryin to break even) let me know if you're interested

I found this on Junior fan site

Thread title was lunch with Danny Ford....

So, piggy-backing on the Connor Shaw thread...Dad had lunch with his boss and Danny Ford the other day. He said it lasted 2 hours and was extremely interesting. I vouch for none of the accuracy of this. I'm just passing it along:
1. Ford had 6 beers in a 2 hour lunch. Dude's a lush.
2. He claims to know basically every coach of every major team of every major college sport. Says he talks to them weekly.
3. With #2, he says George Felton personally called him and swore up and down that Shaq was signing with the Cocks. He went so far as to bet money on it.
4. Fogler was convinced Kevin Garnett was coming to USC and skipping the NBA Draft. He told him we would change our colors to Black and Garnett if he came. Up until he declared for the draft Fogler was giggly and confident.
5. Every school in the country outside of the Ivy League "cheats". I only put that in quotes because his idea of cheating does not include money handshakes. He truly believes that is just business. [disclaimer: this includes us]
6. My dad was introduced to him as CFO and Wofford grad. As you know, Ford was the Arkansas coach after "leaving" Clemson. His first words to my dad? "censored Arkansas. I'm pulling for Wofford. Everybody at that damn school [Arkansas] is a piece of censored and can rot in hell."
7. Back to #5...Admits openly that booster payment was going on during his coaching time and still goes on today...
8. Calls Dabo "a Top 5 X's and O's guy in the country...He just recruits like censored." My dad pressed him on this since it's the exact opposite position most sane people take....Danny didn't misspeak. He truly believes this.
All in all...my dad, a double grad from Wofford and USC, said he was extremely likable and "outgoing as hell". He's been a Gamecock fan since his Masters. He says Danny is actually very easy to get along with and just a "good ol' boy".

I found 5 and 8 very interesting....mainly 8

Re: I found this on Junior fan site

5/7 are facts and you have to be pretty naive to think differently at this point in time.

Out at "found this on Junior fan site".

The way this Coot put things seems a little bombastic, but all-in-all it seems pretty believable.

It cracks me up that there are some guys on the WZ that swear that Danny doesn't drink at all and then there are others that swear they have seen him drunk and reeking of booze on multiple occasions. I don't care either way obviously, Danny Ford is the man no matter what....it's just interesting the incredibly wide scope of "facts" that are out there.

LOL at that post by a gamecock, though. He had to be trolling his own message board.

I have a spot in Tiger Park and Danny will tailgate there from time to time. He enjoys a cold beverage. So what? I can't speak to his overall drinking habits, but I can say that he has never shown up drunk on his coaches show like another coach I can think of...

Chickens are so stupid.

Only 6 beers in two hours...that's disappointing Danny. 3 an hour is nowhere close to a lush. That's casual drinking. I knew this post would be a crock of shit as soon as I read that

Guy needs to get some perspective. When I retire, this form of behavior will be the norm for me. The only thing missing was golf. 6 beers at a luncheon is no big deal and far from being a lush. Sounded like a pretty good day to me.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Dabo is a top 5 x's and o's but recruits like shat? Wut.

I have pictures of Danny drinking beer at Miler Country club last year. I can confirm Danny is a regular guy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by acwill07:
It cracks me up that there are some guys on the WZ that swear that Danny doesn't drink at all and then there are others that swear they have seen him drunk and reeking of booze on multiple occasions. I don't care either way obviously, Danny Ford is the man no matter what....it's just interesting the incredibly wide scope of "facts" that are out there.

LOL at that post by a gamecock, though. He had to be trolling his own message board.
Yeah..... Anyone who claims Danny won't have some drinks probably has no clue what they are talking about. When I was at Clemson about 7 years ago, Danny was a regular at the bar downstairs of Blue Heron. Every Thursday is Brew and a Burger for like 6 bucks or something. Anyway. Saw Danny down there with some of his buddies multiple times having some drinks. They usually sat at the bar or a table right beside it.

Whether or not the guy gets turned up?... I have no first hand knowledge and have not seen him over the top. But with my own eyes I have seen him on multiple occasions throw back a few beers. Seemed like a normal dude having some drinks with friends all the times I saw him.

I got my drink on with the Coach before. He was a little over the line that day but he was always steady on his feet and super polite and friendly to my friends. I think a lot of ill will has simply faded away.

I agree that 6 beers in 2 hours is not that hard to do, especially on those days when they're going down real cold & easy. Pretty harsh to call somebody a lush for that.

Originally posted by ClemTigers83:

Dabo is a top 5 x's and o's but recruits like shat? Wut.
danny be trolling

I find it strange that he wouldn't vouch for a story his dad told him.

Originally posted by toasted8CU:

lush must be Latin for National Champion

Who picked up the lunch tab?? Danny may have been enjoying himself at Dad's expense. LOL. Love Danny!

Originally posted by LVCtiger11:

Originally posted by toasted8CU:

lush must be Latin for National Champion
If 6 beers in two hours makes you a national champ I am Mr. Universe...

oh wait you are talking football. Never mind

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT