ADVERTISEMENT

Tues. Night Baseball: FAU vs UM - Canes lay an egg, lose 3-0!

AtlantaCane

SuperCane
Sep 7, 2005
Port Orange, Florida
Final Update:

What a change from 50 hours or so...from euphoria and promise to misery and disappointment

and with the loss goes the chance to finish the season unbeaten in midweek games in this, the final home game of the year...

...what a lousy way to end the season at home...getting shutout for the 4th time this year...meanwhile, FAU gets its first road shutout...

Makes U wonder how can we make a great comeback on Sunday vs GT and then 2 days later come back and play so poorly...couldn't light a 10-watt bulb with the lack of energy I saw...

Final Linescore:
FAU 3 7 0
UM 0 6 0

We fall to 29-17 while FAU improves to 30-23...

No need for me to add anything else other than let's give credit where credit is due...the Owls played better in the field...on the mound and at the plate. They deserved this win.

Head up...

...because the ACC tournament starts next Tuesday our road series at Louisville begins a day early so I assume we fly up there tomorrow. (Wednesday).

Here's the schedule:

Thursday Game 1: 6 pm - They start a lefty
Friday Game 2: 6 pm - They start a lefty
Saturday Game 3: 12 pm - They start a lefty

Notice anything? The UL HC knows we have trouble with lefties so he's starting 3 of them against us in all 3 games and why not?

all 3 games will be on the ACC Network.

Thanks for being a part of this thread...too bad our guys didn't play better but we're kinda used to seeing this yoyo performance by them...

I hope to be back with U Thursday at 6 pm. Until then...

...it's great to be...even when we play poorly.

Go Canes!

----------------------------

Hello, Baseball Caniacs...

Our Canes are coming off a huge series win over division leader Georgia Tech. How we needed that. Now, can they keep the momentum going?

Coach G was beside himself Sunday in his post-game remarks:

“Without a doubt, our biggest win of the year,” head coach Gino DiMare said. “It’s a much-needed one and it seems like it’s been a little while since we’ve played a game like this, which is crazy to say. This is the kind of baseball I love being a part of and coaching and players I know they love being a part of. It was just so much energy. It’s the loudest by far and away we heard our crowd, which was great. We know it’s limited, but the fans were awesome.” (Courtesy: UM)

We are 29-16 (17-15/ACC) while FAU is 29-23 (18-14/C-USA)

We want to win for obvious reasons...hitting 30 Ws would be nice but there is also 2 more reasons:

1.) We have not finished unbeaten in midweek games since 2006. A victory tonight clinches that deal.
2.) We have not swept FAU since 2017. )(we are 2-0 cs them this year)

RHP Alex McFarlane is scheduled to get the start tonight.

MEDIA COVERAGE
Where to Watch Online:
FAU vs UM (Watch ESPN/ACCNX/NCAA Baseball)
Where to Listen: WVUM Radio (Courtesy UM)
Where to View: Live Stats (Courtesy: UM/statbroadcast.com)

Back with the start of the game in a few.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News