ADVERTISEMENT

UM Fan Favorite Miami's Best Pizza Restaurant To Close After 44 Years...

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Opened up in 1970 (I believe it was originally a Little Caesars) and located off of Dixie Highway, this place has been a pizza landmark in the Miami area. As a guy who group up in Coral Gables, this was always my local favorite pizza place. Miami's Best Pizza was always known as a "local pizza place" for Cane fans and students, and the place gave discounts to Hurricane students.

The good news is that Miami's Best Pizza will be re-locating (not sure where yet), but the current location will be closing after more than four decades of serving the Hurricane and Miami community.

Crazy...
This post was edited on 9/17 5:39 PM by advarkas

More like Miami's Worst Pizza*** (and that's saying a lot as the Pizza down here already falls short of proper Pizza). Place is nasty, but sure it is very close to campus and has been around a looooooonnnngggg time.

Miami's Best Pizza worked because it was almost on campus. ..but nasty pizza compared to Anthony's Coal Fired just a ways further down US1. Anthony's totally blew the doors off of the "upscale" pizza market in South Miami, Pinecrest and The Gables. Miami's best is on a par with the "delivery van" pizza from Dominos. Anthony's is ... outstanding.

Originally posted by Canesfreak15:
More like Miami's Worst Pizza*** (and that's saying a lot as the Pizza down here already falls short of proper Pizza). Place is nasty, but sure it is very close to campus and has been around a looooooonnnngggg time.
Bite your tongue!!! I've lived in five different cities over the past five and I have yet to find better pizza.

I'm all for gourmet pizza and when I trid Anthony's coal fired in ft lauderdale, I was impressed, but the simple pleasure of Miami's Best is something I'll remember for the rest of ma life, waaaaa!
sad0002.r191677.gif

Re: UM Fan Favorite Miami's Best Pizza Restaurant To Close After 44 Y

Check out a place called Apizza Brooklyn just about 1 mile south of miami's best pizza. That plays has some crazy good pizza. It's has the best urbanspoon and yelp ratings I've ever seen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 9/17 6:48 PM by Wahlman43

Miami's Best is Miami's best pizza. Love that place. As for Anthony's burnt pizza they should close, place is over priced and sucks.

Sorry Alex, that place is horrible.

The best pizza (with coincidentally the most UM friendly vibe) near campus is The Big Cheese. The best pizza "right across the street" would have been D'Pizza, but alas that place closed some time ago.

Was there about a month ago…It's always sad to see a landmark disappear…The place is all about the Canes.

I'm with Fia though….I really like Anthony's coal fire pizza,nice ambiance.

Re: UM Fan Favorite Miami's Best Pizza Restaurant To Close After 44 Y

Originally posted by canesr...;ships:
Pizza Loft rocks them all. Flagler near 67 Ave. Probably closed by now haven't been there in 15? years.
Good call. Yes, they moved the store some 15 years ago Davie right South of Nova. Literally drove there last week from Doral just for the pizza, garlic rolls and penne vodka. Same owner. He actually even took our order and got a kick that I ever visited the plan on Flagler when I was a kid. Food rocks and is cheap. Def not a first date kinda place though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT