ADVERTISEMENT

What's the explanation?

TDU

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Last season USC football team's record was 4 wins , 8 losses. Lincoln Riley comes in this season and team is 10 and 1.

Last season Miami's football team was 7-5. Mario Cristobal comes in this season and Miami is 5-6.

Is there a rational reason why? Could it be USC did not play Middle Tennessee State?

Last season USC football team's record was 4 wins , 8 losses. Lincoln Riley comes in this season and team is 10 and 1.

Last season Miami's football team was 7-5. Mario Cristobal comes in this season and Miami is 5-6.

Is there a rational reason why? Could it be USC did not play Middle Tennessee State?
The reason why is that USC was a much easier fix than we are.

We've been mediocre for the most part of the past 18 years. USC has never sunk to that level of mediocrity for anywhere near that length of time. They are only five years removed from winning the PAC 12 Title.

Last edited:
That has anything to do with this year's team----ours has 42 4 stars and 2 Fives--USC cant do much better than that...Seems to me both first year coaches and one has done a much better job 10-1 versus 5-6

That has anything to do with this year's team----ours has 42 4 stars and 2 Fives--USC cant do much better than that...Seems to me both first year coaches and one has done a much better job 10-1 versus 5-6
Riley inherited a much more solid foundation. Mario inherited a program in decline for years. Do you really believe that Riley could have turned the Miami decline around in one season? He is a QB guru but his defenses have been subpar. During his time at Oklahoma his defenses were among the worst in program history.

Last edited:
Riley inherited a much more solid foundation. Mario inherited a program in decline for years. Do you really believe that Riley could have turned the Miami decline around in one season? He is a QB guru but his defenses have been subpar. During his time at Oklahoma his defenses were among the worst in program history.

No but I believe we would not have lost to Middle Tennessee State, or something like that, if Riley were here and I believe strongly we would have had a better offense

No but I believe we would not have lost to Middle Tennessee State, or something like that, if Riley were here and I believe strongly we would have had a better offense
I'm sure we would have a better offense with Riley but it was the defense that lost the game to Middle Tenn. St. Defense has never been Riley's strong suit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT