ADVERTISEMENT

1$ slice of Pizza in NY? No more ...........

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
2 Brothers pizza owner in NYC when interviewed; " EVERYTHING costs more the cheese, tomatoes, flour, paper plates, napkins, cups and LABOR. Can't do it anymore.

This is the DIRECT result of pumping TRILLIONS into the economy and thinking it won't have ADVERSE impacts unintended.

And they just did another 1.2 Trillion and they want to do more.

2 Brothers pizza owner in NYC when interviewed; " EVERYTHING costs more the cheese, tomatoes, flour, paper plates, napkins, cups and LABOR. Can't do it anymore.

This is the DIRECT result of pumping TRILLIONS into the economy and thinking it won't have ADVERSE impacts unintended.

The $1.2T could be better spent for the country if the government gave out vouchers to all American citizens for free pizza than spending it on some of the corrupt and useless ideas in BBB. Government paid for pizza would add more jobs and help stretch the food budgets of Americans more than the Liberal wet dream bill.

Inflation is a global problem not specific to the U.S. Recovery in demand is outpacing constrained supply.

Truth is many on here are younger and did not live thru the Carter Inflation years. They might think the FED is correct and this is transitory. They have no idea that mortgage rates were 15% that auto loans 21-22% CD's in the banks paid 18-20%. Want to REALLY cause pain to people in America of least means? INFLATION. They are already feeling it. I feel it and I have money. You can't avoid feeling it.

Truth is many on here are younger and did not live thru the Carter Inflation years. They might think the FED is correct and this is transitory. They have no idea that mortgage rates were 15% that auto loans 21-22% CD's in the banks paid 18-20%. Want to REALLY cause pain to people in America of least means? INFLATION. They are already feeling it. I feel it and I have money. You can't avoid feeling it.
The first vehicle I bought from a car lot was a lifted Ford F-150 from Koons Ford in Hollywood in 1980. The interest rate was 21% APR.

Spot on. 15% was actually a good rate under Carter. I remember my sister and brother-in-law having a 17.5% rate for their home on Kendall Drive in 1977. When we bought our house in 1988, which we still live in, we got a 10.5% rate which at the time I thought was sensational. Today's younger generation doesn't realize what's about to really go down.

I remember those years quite well. I think in retrospect, I would have locked into long term high interest return investments. I know people that went out years with 16 to 18% returns way after interest rates came down under Reagan. Under Carter, it was a disaster not to say that the Iran hostage situation should take a backseat to Carters economy.
Carter was the second worst President on my list of more recent Presidents.

Spot on. 15% was actually a good rate under Carter. I remember my sister and brother-in-law having a 17.5% rate for their home on Kendall Drive in 1977. When we bought our house in 1988, which we still live in, we got a 10.5% rate which at the time I thought was sensational. Today's younger generation doesn't realize what's about to really go down.

My 1st mortgage was around 1989 and I took a 15 year. I think around 8.5%

Point is the RISK of being wrong. Throwing trillions more $$ into the economy now is going to be very, very foolish. Any economist who thinks otherwise is a FOOL.

Reactions: utatem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT