Airfare +33.3%
Used cars +22.7%
Eggs +22.6%
Meat, Poultry, Fish +13.8%
Milk +14.7%
Coffee +13.5%
Electricity +11%
Real Avg Hourly Earnings -2.6%
These are the official numbers but I say FALSE. When I see steaks at Publix that used to be $12.99-$14.99 per pound and they are now $21.99 per lb that's not 13.8% its more.
Even still this stings and the election will be decided on the figures above.

When you compare December 2020 vs. May 2022 the numbers are far worse. Gas has more than doubled. Many of the food products are over 50% increase for that time frame. From day one in office that Biden began his war on energy producers, the economy has gone down hill.

Gas +43.6%
Airfare +33.3%
Used cars +22.7%
Eggs +22.6%
Meat, Poultry, Fish +13.8%
Milk +14.7%
Coffee +13.5%
Electricity +11%
Real Avg Hourly Earnings -2.6%
These are the official numbers but I say FALSE. When I see steaks at Publix that used to be $12.99-$14.99 per pound and they are now $21.99 per lb that's not 13.8% its more.
Even still this stings and the election will be decided on the figures above.
The one constant in the economy is that it is always changing. Faulty Comparison Logic can be defined as the comparison of one thing to another that is not really comparable to make one thing look more or less desirable than it really is.

The one constant in the economy is that it is always changing. Faulty Comparison Logic can be defined as the comparison of one thing to another that is not really comparable to make one thing look more or less desirable than it really is.
Example?

An example is arguing that the cause of something is that which preceded it and does not take into account any other possible cause. An example would be to argue that because a rooster can be heard crowing before the sun rises, the rooster's crowing is therefore the cause of the sunrise.

An example is arguing that the cause of something is that which preceded it and does not take into account any other possible cause. An example would be to argue that because a rooster can be heard crowing before the sun rises, the rooster's crowing is therefore the cause of the sunrise.
How does this relate to the OP?

How does this relate to the OP?
the one constant in the economy is that it is always changing so how can you compare prices from one period to that of another unless both originated under the same conditions?

Voters generally assign credit or blame for economic conditions to the party in power.

I believe the OP was pointing out that the extreme rise in prices over a very short period will result with the the Democrat Party getting their clocks cleaned in the November elections. Voters won't give a rip about faulty comparison logic.

Reactions: central17
Voters generally assign credit or blame for economic conditions to the party in power.

I believe the OP was pointing out that the extreme rise in prices over a very short period will result with the the Democrat Party getting their clocks cleaned in the November elections. Voters won't give a rip about faulty comparison logic.
The belief that presidents deserve blame for recessions or credit for recoveries is an economic myth. A very popular myth, so you're probably correct that Dems will pay. The extreme rise in prices is still the result of a demand/supply mismatch. Voters won't give a rip about that either. The party in power normally takes a hit in the mid-terms but I don't think it will be as bad as most think. The Repugs are a loony bunch and on the wrong side of most issues.

If something is a constant it can't change it would be a variable.
There is one constant I can think of and that is dumb posts
If the shoe fits....................

BINGO

The belief that presidents deserve blame for recessions or credit for recoveries is an economic myth. A very popular myth, so you're probably correct that Dems will pay. The extreme rise in prices is still the result of a demand/supply mismatch. Voters won't give a rip about that either. The party in power normally takes a hit in the mid-terms but I don't think it will be as bad as most think. The Repugs are a loony bunch and on the wrong side of most issues.
No we aren't. We would have a plan for inflation, formula, oil and energy situation, the border. Just to name a few.
It doesn't help your team that they can't even inspire confidence that PLANS are in place to address these issues.
Too hung up on abortion, pronouns, men having periods, no soverign nation.
No plans only distress.

Reactions: grbcane
All the OP posted are actual price increases on commonly used goods . At what point do you just say OUCH THIS HURTS?

So much of our inflation is related to gas and diesel prices. I filled up my wife's X3 yesterday and it cost $76.58 and while I was there a long-haul trucker who carries fruit from the west coast and meat from the midwest was filling his tanks. I walked over and he told me he has never seen or heard of a $1,000+ fill-up until yesterday. He didn't bat an eye because he just builds the price increases into the price his customers pay. This is the direct result of Biden's war on energy. I hope the radical left is happy

Reactions: grbcane and HJCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT