ADVERTISEMENT

A deeper dive into the 1.9 Trillion in NONSENSE

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Well well now more FACTS come out. The $1400 of our tax dollars are not only going to the targeted single and married folks who had income that qualifies but it's also going to illegals and PRISONERS IN JAIL!! Thats right folks the murderers, rapists, Boston Bomber, all getting stimulus checks. It must be very tough financially to have lost your job due to Covid while serving LIFE IN PRISON!!

About 1% of bill is for vaccines so throw that nonsense away too.

California will have a 14 billion dollar surplus this year they are getting 40 BILLION DOLLARS of the 350 BILLION Dollars.

I will NEVER EVER vote Democrats they are the biggest FOOLS on the planet. They will pander to any demographic to get a vote.

Disgusting filthy dog turd.

TRUMPS two bills did same thing, why the problem now. Double standard.
No double standard as Republicans did not put them in any of the prior bills nor this fake legislation. It was put in there by the Witch Pelosi. She fought for all kinds of garbage while holding up relief to the citizens. Rather than point to Trump with your TDS why not just chime in on the absurdity of the prisoners getting relief funds? You can't because you're stuck man.

TRUMPS two bills did same thing, why the problem now. Double standard.

Please provide written documentation that the Boston Bomber and other felons had received checks in the first two rounds. Biden, Pelosi and Shumer cut out a lot of, OMG, American's that made too much (AND PAID A LOT OF TAXES OVER THE YEARS) TO GIVE THEIR MONEY TO FELONS, DRUG CARTELS, ILLEGAL ALIENS AND DEAD DEMOCRAT VOTERS

There is SOOO much crap and pork in this bill it is mind boggling.

$825B of the bill goes to COVID relief, that’s it. That includes monies to families, drug costs and distribution and businesse. The rest is pork.

Of the $825B can anyone explain why we are sending a $1200 check to someone that is gainfully employed and has not had their income reduced? This would be all individuals earning less than $75,000 or couples filing jointly earning less than $150,000? For every child they get an additional $500.

For the same groups above they will receive child care credits of $3600 per child under 6 and $3000 for those 18 and under. Those credits can be received as cash payments.

All of the above are non taxable. Why does a couple earning $150,000 need a stimulus check at the expense of a ballooning budget?

There is SOOO much crap and pork in this bill it is mind boggling.

$825B of the bill goes to COVID relief, that’s it. That includes monies to families, drug costs and distribution and businesse. The rest is pork.

Of the $825B can anyone explain why we are sending a $1200 check to someone that is gainfully employed and has not had their income reduced? This would be all individuals earning less than $75,000 or couples filing jointly earning less than $150,000? For every child they get an additional $500.

For the same groups above they will receive child care credits of $3600 per child under 6 and $3000 for those 18 and under. Those credits can be received as cash payments.

All of the above are non taxable. Why does a couple earning $150,000 need a stimulus check at the expense of a ballooning budget?
Trump did the same thing with his money going to families. 🤡🤡🤡

I didn’t need the first two rounds of stimulus. I used that money to go on vacation & spent it in my hometown with local businesses. This third round I’ll do the same thing. I’ll be in the keys in two weeks dropping that govt check to help local businesses. I suggest those of us who can afford it do the same. Every little bit helps

Reactions: HJCane
The previous stimulus also sent out checks without attaching a need qualifier. It was stupid.

Im talking about his family members. Waste is on both sides of the aisl, and it’s disgusting, but this is unprecedented.

Prisoners qualify for stimulus payments because of broad eligibility requirements in this relief bill — and others. Prisoners must be a citizen or legal resident, and either need to have filed a tax return, possibly as part of a joint filing, or complete an Internal Revenue Service form requesting payment.

It’s worth noting that the two previous rounds of stimulus checks during the Trump administration — in the CARES Act in March, and the supplemental package in December — allowed prisoners to receive checks, too.

During the Trump administration, the Internal Revenue Service confirmed that it had issued 1.2 million payments to prisoners and to the immediate relatives of deceased individuals. After news got out, the administration tried to cut off the cash but lost a lawsuit filed on behalf of incarcerated individuals that argued the decision to withhold money was "arbitrary and capricious."

Cotton also signed on in favor of the second round of coronavirus relief payments made in December 2020 that also included prisoners getting checks.

dated 12/23/20 But he signed it
Donald Trump has stunned everyone by blasting Congress for the relief bill they finally agreed on ... saying $600 checks are disgracefully low, and he wants a drastic reduction in the bill's extraneous spending.
This seemingly came out of nowhere. Trump was on the sidelines, silent as Congress negotiated the package. In fact, his aides said as late as Tuesday Trump would sign the bill.
Now, he wants $2,000 for individuals or $4,000 for a couple ... amounts that were never on the table. It took Congress months to reach an agreement, and if Trump is serious about vetoing the bill there's no way relief is coming to Americans until after January 20.
However, in announcing his contempt for the bill, Trump called out Congress for filling the COVID-relief package with billions in relief to foreign countries and domestic programs that have nothing to do with pandemic losses.
For instance, $134 million to Burma, $85.5 mil to Cambodia, $1.3 billion for Egypt, $2.5 mil to count amberjack fish in the Gulf of Mexico, $3 mil in poultry production technology, $566 mil for FBI construction projects and on and on and on.
Trump's point ... spend less on that stuff, and give more to American citizens, restaurants and other small businesses.
Dems jumped on this -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said they'll bring the $2,000 direct payments to the floor Thursday for a vote by unanimous consent.
While some of his critics see this as Trump throwing a temper tantrum over losing the election, and taking it out on Americans -- he also put Congress on blast by fully exposing the disgusting expenditures that have nothing to do with providing relief to needy Americans.

Donald Trump has stunned everyone by blasting Congress for the relief bill they finally agreed on ... saying $600 checks are disgracefully low, and he wants a drastic reduction in the bill's extraneous spending.
This seemingly came out of nowhere. Trump was on the sidelines, silent as Congress negotiated the package. In fact, his aides said as late as Tuesday Trump would sign the bill.
Now, he wants $2,000 for individuals or $4,000 for a couple ... amounts that were never on the table. It took Congress months to reach an agreement, and if Trump is serious about vetoing the bill there's no way relief is coming to Americans until after January 20.
However, in announcing his contempt for the bill, Trump called out Congress for filling the COVID-relief package with billions in relief to foreign countries and domestic programs that have nothing to do with pandemic losses.
For instance, $134 million to Burma, $85.5 mil to Cambodia, $1.3 billion for Egypt, $2.5 mil to count amberjack fish in the Gulf of Mexico, $3 mil in poultry production technology, $566 mil for FBI construction projects and on and on and on.
Trump's point ... spend less on that stuff, and give more to American citizens, restaurants and other small businesses.
Dems jumped on this -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said they'll bring the $2,000 direct payments to the floor Thursday for a vote by unanimous consent.
While some of his critics see this as Trump throwing a temper tantrum over losing the election, and taking it out on Americans -- he also put Congress on blast by fully exposing the disgusting expenditures that have nothing to do with providing relief to needy Americans.

Read post above yours, everything you typed is meaningless when you understand the full scope of this bill.

I came across harsher than I meant to, my bad. My point is after reading Mcarthy’s tweet is that everything else we’re talking about in this thread is meaningless.

350 billion to bail out blue state. We’re basically rewarding failed democrat policies and democrat governors. Sadly the libs in this post have no problem with this, and can’t even begin to understand the damage this does.

100% agree. We also are bailing out failed union pensions that have been mismanaged for decades under the guise of COVID relief. Trump was wrong as well, we shouldn’t just be sending checks to those unaffected by the pandemic. These funds should have been directed to those out of work, and businesses forced to close. Period.

Man are these threads desperate!!! Who gives a shit if they are in jail if they paid their taxes? One thing has nothing to do with the other first of all. If you have a social security number and are on the record as a tax paying citizen, that has nothing to do with you going to jail.

This is the other thing. If you do not have a social security number I assure you that you are not getting a check. People like yourself get this information from sources like Fox News and Donald Trump. It makes you look ridiculous because you don't have facts and they rely on this.

Illegals do not have social security numbers.

Listen, I have morals so I am happy to pay for the healthcare of someone who needs it and is illegal. Healthcare is not a privilege to Democrats it is a human right. You keep crying about the same shit why? Democrats won but you expect them to have Republican policies. That is just kind of naive or pretty dumb.

You say you will never vote Democrat as if they give a shit. Democrats don't want YOU voting for them. You don't share the character of people that want healthcare for all, and equality for all on all levels. You worry about political parties. Not actual policy. If Democrats had every policy you wanted you would vote Republican...lol....because you don't think. You just react.

Republicans had their chance and they are not qualified to govern. That is proven every single solitary time they get in office. Democrats are all this country has right now in reality. So, I wish them well....because we have all seen first hand the alternative. We had a Republican President that traffics in falsehoods debunked by 62 judges from both parties. Incite a riot on our capital....so this is no alternative for us. Sorry...but Republicans had their chance. They are just not qualified.

Last edited:
Reactions: gdowning70
100% agree. We also are bailing out failed union pensions that have been mismanaged for decades under the guise of COVID relief. Trump was wrong as well, we shouldn’t just be sending checks to those unaffected by the pandemic. These funds should have been directed to those out of work, and businesses forced to close. Period.
Who on earth is "unaffected" by the pandemic. Everyone is affected either directly or indirectly in some fore so this doesn't even make a lick of sense. You aren't understanding how economics works. We need people to spend. The more people spending the better it is for everyone. You don't get caught up on who is actually spending. That's not how it works. If they are part of our economic system we want them spending. Period.

I didn’t need the first two rounds of stimulus. I used that money to go on vacation & spent it in my hometown with local businesses. This third round I’ll do the same thing. I’ll be in the keys in two weeks dropping that govt check to help local businesses. I suggest those of us who can afford it do the same. Every little bit helps
Actually the numbers show that the majority of those funds were used to pay down debt. That is hardly stimulative. If people would use it at local businesses especially in lock down states it would help.

Who on earth is "unaffected" by the pandemic. Everyone is affected either directly or indirectly in some fore so this doesn't even make a lick of sense. You aren't understanding how economics works. We need people to spend. The more people spending the better it is for everyone. You don't get caught up on who is actually spending. That's not how it works. If they are part of our economic system we want them spending. Period.
Actually everyone has not been affected. I have never saved more money in my life by hanging out at home more and I have lots of friends the same. This has nothing to do with whether or not we know someone who got the virus because for sure I do.

Man are these threads desperate!!! Who gives a shit if they are in jail if they paid their taxes? One thing has nothing to do with the other first of all. If you have a social security number and are on the record as a tax paying citizen, that has nothing to do with you going to jail.

This is the other thing. If you do not have a social security number I assure you that you are not getting a check. People like yourself get this information from sources like Fox News and Donald Trump. It makes you look ridiculous because you don't have facts and they rely on this.

Illegals do not have social security numbers.

Listen, I have morals so I am happy to pay for the healthcare of someone who needs it and is illegal. Healthcare is not a privilege to Democrats it is a human right. You keep crying about the same shit why? Democrats won but you expect them to have Republican policies. That is just kind of naive or pretty dumb.

You say you will never vote Democrat as if they give a shit. Democrats don't want YOU voting for them. You don't share the character of people that want healthcare for all, and equality for all on all levels. You worry about political parties. Not actual policy. If Democrats had every policy you wanted you would vote Republican...lol....because you don't think. You just react.

Republicans had their chance and they are not qualified to govern. That is proven every single solitary time they get in office. Democrats are all this country has right now in reality. So, I wish them well....because we have all seen first hand the alternative. We had a Republican President that traffics in falsehoods debunked by 62 judges from both parties. Incite a riot on our capital....so this is no alternative for us. Sorry...but Republicans had their chance. They are just not qualified.
Thanks Ramblin Man..............ramble on with dribble.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Read post above yours, everything you typed is meaningless when you understand the full scope of this bill.
Yes Pelosi wanted to bring the 2000 to the floor but never wanted to strip out the BS.

While by strictest definition it is wrong to spend pandemic dollars on those that have not been adversely affected, but in the big picture.,, When year after year working people's hard earned tax dollars go to stupid, wasteful and corrupt federal projects. Cashville's vacations can help other American workers. Why should dollars go to Pakistan womans studies (NOT a single dollar goes to Pakistan without their military taking 90% off the top). Why should working people support Harvard with its multi billion$ of endowment? Why should the working people pay for renovation of DC and NYC theatres that they will never go to, because Pelosi's crowd that are patrons,are too cheap to pay for upkeep? Yes, maybe some successful small business owners, architects, chefs, salespeople, contractors, etc. have not lost income - many have. But if the money is going to be spent, I would rather see it go to my neighbors than to the swamp.

While by strictest definition it is wrong to spend pandemic dollars on those that have not been adversely affected, but in the big picture.,, When year after year working people's hard earned tax dollars go to stupid, wasteful and corrupt federal projects. Cashville's vacations can help other American workers. Why should dollars go to Pakistan womans studies (NOT a single dollar goes to Pakistan without their military taking 90% off the top). Why should working people support Harvard with its multi billion$ of endowment? Why should the working people pay for renovation of DC and NYC theatres that they will never go to, because Pelosi's crowd that are patrons,are too cheap to pay for upkeep? Yes, maybe some successful small business owners, architects, chefs, salespeople, contractors, etc. have not lost income - many have. But if the money is going to be spent, I would rather see it go to my neighbors than to the swamp.

You can't dictate how 2 Trillion dollars is spent in this manner. Its for everyone that pays federal taxes. EVERYONE.....IT'S THEIR MONEY!!! So....how can you sit here and talk about people not getting their own money....and if the people want to send it to womans studies and Pakistan then so be it. It's complaining over very little. What we call nickle and diming. The United States invest in world success. That's what we do...all the time.

Actually everyone has not been affected. I have never saved more money in my life by hanging out at home more and I have lots of friends the same. This has nothing to do with whether or not we know someone who got the virus because for sure I do.
You are not stating what I wrote. I said everyone is affected directly or indirectly. I have saved money too. That doesn't mean it didn't affect me even if I would not have caught it. It affected the business model of the clients of who you do business with. It affects the business model of the company you work for and or with in terms of insurance and how to get business. Everyone is affected somehow.....so stop acting like you are above it all. You are not.

People we know got the virus.....that is indirect. If you had any contact with them you could catch it. So.....none of any of us is above a world pandemic. One that is still happening.

You can't dictate how 2 Trillion dollars is spent in this manner. Its for everyone that pays federal taxes. EVERYONE.....IT'S THEIR MONEY!!! So....how can you sit here and talk about people not getting their own money....and if the people want to send it to womans studies and Pakistan then so be it. It's complaining over very little. What we call nickle and diming. The United States invest in world success. That's what we do...all the time.
Good lord. This is what we call talking out both sides of your mouth. He starts off by defending peoples right to determine how taxes are spent and in the same breathe speaks about the US Govt’s global reach and govt dictated spending lol. Hey goofball you do realize the US Govt are the ones who started the War on Drugs only to later announce they were combatting the war on Drugs lol. That was taxpayer money being spent by the US Govt without the knowledge of what it was going towards. Same thing applies here.

Reactions: grbcane
Conservative Republican Roger Wicker of Mississippi voted against the Covid relief bill but is still spinning it as a good thing to his constituents. The state of the GOP today.

Conservative Republican Roger Wicker of Mississippi voted against the Covid relief bill but is still spinning it as a good thing to his constituents. The state of the GOP today.

Yeah....these hyenas are due for another blood bath in the mid terms over this. Because anyone running against you will point out that at the end of the day you voted against it.

Reactions: Raoul2

Wow your right; he agrees with a section of the bill that amounts to 1.4% of the package.

There's more pork in this bill than any BBQ joint in Alabama or Tenn. even Dem's are speaking out about it.

Wow your right; he agrees with a section of the bill that amounts to 1.4% of the package.

There's more pork in this bill than any BBQ joint in Alabama or Tenn. even Dem's are speaking out about it.

He's promoting the bill as a success despite voting against it. You can't have it both ways - either vote against it and stand by the courage of your convictions or don't.

He's promoting the bill as a success despite voting against it. You can't have it both ways - either vote against it and stand by the courage of your convictions or don't.

No, actually you can support parts of it and at the same time view the total package as PORK.

Republicans had no say in the bill. Almost everyone agrees stimulus was necessary for; unemployed, business' asked to shut down, Covid vaccine manufacturing and distribution. It is the additional $1 Trillion in pork projects, that have no bearing on covid relief, they are simply payback and progressive projects.

Maybe you don't pay taxes, or have children to care about the debt burden left to the next generation? Maybe your one of the convicts sitting in prison that will be getting a stimulus check?

Any American should be concerned about the unfretted printing of money that is occurring without a set of checks and balances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT