ADVERTISEMENT

A question for Libs on voter ID's or anyone else

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
If you don't have ID to vote how do they know it's you? How do they know you live in the district? How do they know you are at the right precinct? How do they know you aren't voting under a fake name?
What are your answers? I'll wait.......................................

If you don't have ID to vote how do they know it's you? How do they know you live in the district? How do they know you are at the right precinct? How do they know you aren't voting under a fake name?
I'll bring the popcorn. This should be good.

Who is arguing against IDs to vote? I've never voted in my life without showing ID. The laws differ by state but every state has some ID requirement.

Now I'm assuming you're referring to Georgia requiring IDs for absentee ballots. You asked how they would know it's you and how do they know you're in the right precinct. The answer is simple. In Georgia you request an absentee ballot. That request is sent to the person's address then it is signed and returned to the local election office. Signature verification is then done to compare that signature to the voter registration signature. Once the signature is confirmed a ballot is sent out.

So before the ballot is even sent the election office have confirmed your address since the request was sent to the address on record and returned. They have also verified a signature before the ballot was even sent.

Now let's talk about the ballot itself. Each ballot sent out has a unique identification number or bar code that corresponds to a particular voter. That ballot is sent to the address that has already been verified during the request process. The ballot is filled out, signed, and returned where the signature is again verified by matching it to the registration signature.

So to rehash it for you, the election officials know you are in right precinct by verifying your address twice by sending both the request and the ballot. They verified that it is you by verifying signatures twice to your signature at registration. They also verified that the same ballot sent was the same one returned using the identification number or bar code. At this point I would say it's safe to say the person registered is the person who filled out the ballot. So now they just want to add one more layer to it with the ID requirement. Probably not a huge deal for most people. But the point of the law is just to add more obstacles for people. Even if a small number of people decide its not worth the hassle then that can be the difference between winning and losing.

Last edited:

I find this whole issue comical.
I live in IL, no ID no proof of residence etc. I've lived in the same home for 25 years in a small community - less than 2000 residents.. The only requirement is my signature, and I vote in every election. This past election I voted in person, walked up to the table to get my ballot. They had NUMEROUS individuals with my first and last name. I can assure you, outside of my son who is Jr., there isn't even another family with my last name in my voting district; yet there are numerous voters with my same exact name! WTF.
The only people concerned with voter ID are those gaming the system- like IL.

Who is arguing against IDs to vote? I've never voted in my life without showing ID. The laws differ by state but every state has some ID requirement.

Now I'm assuming you're referring to Georgia requiring IDs for absentee ballots. You asked how they would know it's you and how do they know you're in the right precinct. The answer is simple. In Georgia you request an absentee ballot. That request is sent to the person's address then it is signed and returned to the local election office. Signature verification is then done to compare that signature to the voter registration signature. Once the signature is confirmed a ballot is sent out.

So before the ballot is even sent the election office have confirmed your address since the request was sent to the address on record and returned. They have also verified a signature before the ballot was even sent.

Now let's talk about the ballot itself. Each ballot sent out has a unique identification number or bar code that corresponds to a particular voter. That ballot is sent to the address that has already been verified during the request process. The ballot is filled out, signed, and returned where the signature is again verified by matching it to the registration signature.

So to rehash it for you, the election officials know you are in right precinct by verifying your address twice by sending both the request and the ballot. They verified that it is you by verifying signatures twice to your signature at registration. They also verified that the same ballot sent was the same one returned using the identification number or bar code. At this point I would say it's safe to say the person registered is the person who filled out the ballot. So now they just want to add one more layer to it with the ID requirement. Probably not a huge deal for most people. But the point of the law is just to add more obstacles for people. Even if a small number of people decide its not worth the hassle then that can be the difference between winning and losing.
Actually that’s the Florida method. The Georgia new law method replaces signature verification which they felt was subjective and time consuming couple with a tightening of the mass mailings done during the 2020 pandemic election. That resulted in a cluster F for Georgia as we witnessed. Same thing for ballot drop off boxes which were never in Georgia law and only used widespread during 2020. They kept those but tightened up the locations to include polling places and other government buildings.

Reactions: grbcane
I find this whole issue comical.
I live in IL, no ID no proof of residence etc. I've lived in the same home for 25 years in a small community - less than 2000 residents.. The only requirement is my signature, and I vote in every election. This past election I voted in person, walked up to the table to get my ballot. They had NUMEROUS individuals with my first and last name. I can assure you, outside of my son who is Jr., there isn't even another family with my last name in my voting district; yet there are numerous voters with my same exact name! WTF.
The only people concerned with voter ID are those gaming the system- like IL.
Can’t speak to that other than to say that seems pretty loose in my opinion.

Just re-read your post. They are doing away with signature verification replacing it with numerous ID options

Actually that’s the Florida method. The Georgia new law method replaces signature verification which they felt was subjective and time consuming couple with a tightening of the mass mailings done during the 2020 pandemic election. That resulted in a cluster F for Georgia as we witnessed. Same thing for ballot drop off boxes which were never in Georgia law and only used widespread during 2020. They kept those but tightened up the locations to include polling places and other government buildings.
Even signature verification can be subjective. There are typically variable confidence settings for the technology. E.G. 90 % settings are pretty much the real thing. But some County's and states have confidence leverls in the 30% range. A level like that will allow a good number of "not originals" to pass through. From what I read, that was an issue in Nevada. That is why the vote harvesting needs to be locked down as well.

Reactions: grbcane

Actually it wasn't a cluster F. The mailings you are referring to was the absentee request. They were mass mailed. But only people that responded with the signed request got ballots after their signature was verified. The signatures on the completed ballots were also verified. The state of Georgia with participation from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation also conducted an audit of mail in signatures. No instances of fraud identified. So the change in the law was simply not necessary. Again this won't be an issue for most people. The goal is to use all these measures together to reduce turnout. In places like Georgia even a small impact can be the difference.

Actually it wasn't a cluster F. The mailings you are referring to was the absentee request. They were mass mailed. But only people that responded with the signed request got ballots after their signature was verified. The signatures on the completed ballots were also verified. The state of Georgia with participation from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation also conducted an audit of mail in signatures. No instances of fraud identified. So the change in the law was simply not necessary. Again this won't be an issue for most people. The goal is to use all these measures together to reduce turnout. In places like Georgia even a small impact can be the difference.
This thread was on voter ID's. Far as I can tell Georgia only audited Cobb County 15,000 ballots.

This thread was on voter ID's. Far as I can tell Georgia only audited Cobb County 15,000 ballots.

15,000 ballots in a heavy democratic County with zero instances of fraud. You know the same county where all the supposed fraud was going on according to your dear leader. Surely if there was mass fraud GBI would have identified some cases in their audit. They didn't.

And I know what the thread is about. You asked how they would know it's you and how they would know if you are voting in the correct precinct and I answered by describing the process. Then you went on to say that the mail in ballots and signature verification were a "cluster F." They were not. Signature verifications were conducted by election officials from both parties. Process was audited in a heavy democratic County with zero instances of fraud identified. Facts are facts.

15,000 ballots in a heavy democratic County with zero instances of fraud. You know the same county where all the supposed fraud was going on according to your dear leader. Surely if there was mass fraud GBI would have identified some cases in their audit. They didn't.

And I know what the thread is about. You asked how they would know it's you and how they would know if you are voting in the correct precinct and I answered by describing the process. Then you went on to say that the mail in ballots and signature verification were a "cluster F." They were not. Signature verifications were conducted by election officials from both parties. Process was audited in a heavy democratic County with zero instances of fraud identified. Facts are facts.
Well now there will be a new way with many improvements that the people complained about in Georgia. Extended early voting mandatory Sundays, drop boxes in the law, mandatory 8 hour shifts in smaller areas etc. none of which are racist or unfair.

Well now there will be a new way with many improvements that the people complained about in Georgia. Extended early voting mandatory Sundays, drop boxes in the law, mandatory 8 hour shifts in smaller areas etc. none of which are racist or unfair.

Yeah a new way that was unnecessary. The only people that complained were your dear leader and his groupies that actually believed there was fraud. He lost and the response is to do what they can to reduce turnout. The only reason why you think it's fair is because it helps the republican party. Make no mistake if more Republicans voted by mail than democrats this would not even have been proposed nevermind passed.

Yeah a new way that was unnecessary. The only people that complained were your dear leader and his groupies that actually believed there was fraud. He lost and the response is to do what they can to reduce turnout. The only reason why you think it's fair is because it helps the republican party. Make no mistake if more Republicans voted by mail than democrats this would not even have been proposed nevermind passed.
Hogwash. The Democrats want mass mailings, ballot harvesting, no ID. Why? And they used the virus to achieve it in 2020 in many states. Georgias election did not go well and your legislature changed the laws. That's how it works.

Reactions: utatem and grbcane

Seems to me there were numerous issues in Georgia to be fixed.

Reactions: central17
Hogwash. The Democrats want mass mailings, ballot harvesting, no ID. Why? And they used the virus to achieve it in 2020 in many states. Georgias election did not go well and your legislature changed the laws. That's how it works.

Just keep repeating the same crap. All of this nonsense was challenged in courts throughout the country. I think your dear leader was able to get about 7 votes thrown out. He lost fair and square. Get over it snowflake.

Reactions: hawaiian cane

Seems to me there were numerous issues in Georgia to be fixed.

Of course there were some issues. There are issues in every state in every election. 150 million people voted and we have 50 or more different sets of rules. It's never going to be flawless. However the fact remains that he lost and there was no fraud even close to significant enough to change that. Every suit brought was dismissed. It's about time to stop crying about it.

Reactions: hawaiian cane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT