ADVERTISEMENT

AOC is introducing legislation to ban military recruiters from high schools

normsmith

SuperCane
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2012
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...o-cortez-calls-for-end-to-federal-funding-for
What the fck is wrong with her? I guess she doesn't realize that military recruiters are the people who find the young men and women who protect her sorry ass. A bunch uninformed, ignorant statements on her part. I guess that congressman was right, she is a fckin b*tch and a dumb one at that.

Norm .. what do you expect from an ignorant person like her who nixed a huge job influx into her district because "she wanted to spend the tax breaks on other projects". She is so ignorant of basic fundamental economics .. she is truly an idiot.

Would you say it ended up being a good decision for you? A good life choice?

The problem with her argument, to me, is that it gives lower income kids another opportunity at a career path, or what could lead to a career. No one is forcing these kids to do anything, and I can tell you that while I have always had the highest respect possible for our military men and women, that I did not have the discipline to go into any sector of the armed forces, and at 17 I knew that. And, I came from a low income family.

So, if this offers kids another path, one that offers structure (which some may want), what's the problem? She is gonna have a hard time convincing me that most of these high school students who come from low income families (or any family for that matter) aren't better off after they are done serving the specific branch of military they decide to go into.

Reactions: utatem and zackbear

The problem with her argument, to me, is that it gives lower income kids another opportunity at a career path, or what could lead to a career. No one is forcing these kids to do anything, and I can tell you that while I have always had the highest respect possible for our military men and women, that I did not have the discipline to go into any sector of the armed forces, and at 17 I knew that. And, I came from a low income family.

So, if this offers kids another path, one that offers structure (which some may want), what's the problem? She is gonna have a hard time convincing me that most of these high school students who come from low income families (or any family for that matter) aren't better off after they are done serving the specific branch of military they decide to go into.
Best decision I could have ever made. I wasn't really getting into a lot of serious trouble just doing dumb shit underage drinking, smoking weed. My mother didn't have money for college and I wanted out of Indiana so off I went. 33 years later I'm retired with a full pension, medical insurance, 2 Masters Degrees and a nice cushy government job. I've been around the world and back and "I've drank more beer, banged more quiff, pissed more blood"(In my Gunney Highway from Heartbreak Ridge voice)

Last edited:
Best decision I could have ever made. I wasn't really getting into a lot of serious trouble just doing dumb shit underage drinking, smoking weed. My mother didn't money for college and I wanted out of Indiana so off I went. 33 years later I'm retired with a full pension, medical insurance, 2 Masters Degrees and a nice cushy government job. I've been around the world and back and "I've drank more beer, banged more quiff, pissed more blood"(In my Gunney Highway from Heartbreak Ridge voice)

Well, there you go. Perfect example of the benefits that she is ignoring. Nice work btw.

Last edited:
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...o-cortez-calls-for-end-to-federal-funding-for
What the fck is wrong with her? I guess she doesn't realize that military recruiters are the people who find the young men and women who protect her sorry ass. A bunch uninformed, ignorant statements on her part. I guess that congressman was right, she is a fckin b*tch and a dumb one at that.
I can't stand this bitch. Freaking 30 years old knows nothing, has done nothing, a total nobody. I joined the Navy the week I turned 17 and it was the best move I ever made. Needed an azz kicking. Walked across the street on 163rd street right after Winter Break at NMB High School and signed up. Quit high school and never returned to my moms house to live again. Nothing wrong with it. More young people in this country would benefit from service to our country.

There is NO problem and that's her problem.

I can't stand this bitch. Freaking 30 years old knows nothing, has done nothing, a total nobody. I joined the Navy the week I turned 17 and it was the best move I ever made. Needed an azz kicking. Walked across the street on 163rd street right after Winter Break at NMB High School and signed up. Quit high school and never returned to my moms house to live again. Nothing wrong with it. More young people in this country would benefit from service to our country.
I tell you what HJ, that's a great story. My wife and I are both 61 with a 17 yr old son. We are both old school and we love our son to death, but he is a boy in a mans body. An alpha Male kid who gets himself in constant jams. A great heart though and tremendous potential. I am lobbying hard for him to join the Marines when he graduates HS next year. My wife won't have it. I think a summer in Parris Island would do him a world of good.

Let's bring back the draft then if she wants to stop having recruiters.
Will save taxpayer dollars also.
Would love the draft. My dad and uncles did it for a racist as Jim Crow south and served honorably out of love of a country that didn’t know how to love them when they came home. Draft em all, rich poor do it likenS Korea everybody goes no exceptions. Trump and his four adult kids; none served. Obama didn’t serve. Last one was Bush. Clinton dodged just like Trump.

Would love the draft. My dad and uncles did it for a racist as Jim Crow south and served honorably out of love of a country that didn’t know how to love them when they came home. Draft em all, rich poor do it likenS Korea everybody goes no exceptions. Trump and his four adult kids; none served. Obama didn’t serve. Last one was Bush. Clinton dodged just like Trump.
Agree. Bush didn’t really serve.

This is just ridiculous. What she doesn't realize is that military recruiters will talk to and recruit anyone regardless of income, race, religion etc. And that's the way it should be. Now do a lot of these recruits end up being from low income families? Absolutely. However, many of these kids enlist and it ends being their ticket out of often bad situations. Some go on to long military careers or some may use it as a stepping stone to get a job in civilian life or pay for college etc. It's really a great option for a lot of kids. She is absolutely wrong on this.

Sorry to those Dems with half a brain, but this just shows you the type of low IQ voters that are on the left.

Reactions: Kinggeorge3
I turned 18 at RTC Orlando back in 1987 and was out in the fleet for about 10 years before being dumb enough to be talked into going on recruiting duty and even dumber for converting to CRF or Career Recruiting Force. My experience as a recruiter is why I can unequivocally say that she doesn't know what she's talking about. She makes it sound like recruiters target poor or low income families which is completely fckin nonsense. She stops short of accusing both the schools and the military of human trafficking. People of her ilk both Republicans and Democrats have the misconception that the military is a last resort for societies scumbags who can't do anything else just like that piece of shit teacher in California who was caught on tape belittling a student who was wearing a USMC tee shirt and saying a bunch of stupid shit about people in the military being the lowest of the low etc. I would love to see that ass wipe try to land an F/A-18 on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson at night while he's calling people in the military "dumb shits" The reality is that two thirds of the clowns out there don't qualify for military service.

I tell you what HJ, that's a great story. My wife and I are both 61 with a 17 yr old son. We are both old school and we love our son to death, but he is a boy in a mans body. An alpha Male kid who gets himself in constant jams. A great heart though and tremendous potential. I am lobbying hard for him to join the Marines when he graduates HS next year. My wife won't have it. I think a summer in Parris Island would do him a world of good.
My dad died when I was 16. I was getting in trouble and jams a lot. This was post Vietnam so no one was joining and there was ZERO respect for the military at that time 1978 December. In those days Judges would offer you jail or military. Nowadays I'm told if you are in too many troubles they actually reject you. Different times. Don't force the Marines. Wouldn't matter what branch really. Depends what he likes and what interests him so he can try to get a school in that field. Your wife sounds like my mom at the time. I went home and told her I had joined the Navy but at 17 she HAD to sign permission. She did not want to. I told her if she didn't I would end up in jail or dead. The rest is history.........

My dad died when I was 16. I was getting in trouble and jams a lot. This was post Vietnam so no one was joining and there was ZERO respect for the military at that time 1978 December. In those days Judges would offer you jail or military. Nowadays I'm told if you are in too many troubles they actually reject you. Different times. Don't force the Marines. Wouldn't matter what branch really. Depends what he likes and what interests him so he can try to get a school in that field. Your wife sounds like my mom at the time. I went home and told her I had joined the Navy but at 17 she HAD to sign permission. She did not want to. I told her if she didn't I would end up in jail or dead. The rest is history.........
Awesome story HJ. Thanks for sharing. You're right. I do push the Marines, but any Branch of the Military would be great. It's interesting you mentioned your Dad's passing when you were 16. My Father's Dad, my grandfather whom I never knew, abandoned my father and his brother when they were 12 and 7. My Grandmother was an abusive drunk. My Father said on numerous occasions that the Air Force saved his life and got him on the right path, which led to him attending the U on the GI Bill and graduating in 1949 at the age of 30.
I think this current generation of boys needs the military now more than ever as it's a very entitled group, by and large.

I banned them too...at UM law school in 1999. But hey, I provided an area off campus for the interviews, several friends even went and got jobs and I gave them extra help from the career center. One became a congressman GOP even (yes of course never Trumper he actually served duh).

AOC would make a great hate ****. I can't stand Berners so I doubt I can do what it takes to get consent but damn she's hawt. Maybe if I was drunk enough I could lie long enough for consent. Probably not too many other chicks that want the BBC, why chase when you are chased! She is hot tho.

Ya'll hating on a hottie...that's dumb.

Awesome story HJ. Thanks for sharing. You're right. I do push the Marines, but any Branch of the Military would be great. It's interesting you mentioned your Dad's passing when you were 16. My Father's Dad, my grandfather whom I never knew, abandoned my father and his brother when they were 12 and 7. My Grandmother was an abusive drunk. My Father said on numerous occasions that the Air Force saved his life and got him on the right path, which led to him attending the U on the GI Bill and graduating in 1949 at the age of 30.
I think this current generation of boys needs the military now more than ever as it's a very entitled group, by and large.
1000% don't have to be a lifer just 1 tour would be great for many. I did 6 years 5 active 1 reserve. Got in trouble plenty in the Navy but accepted my azz whooping every time and learned

I banned them too...at UM law school in 1999. But hey, I provided an area off campus for the interviews, several friends even went and got jobs and I gave them extra help from the career center. One became a congressman GOP even (yes of course never Trumper he actually served duh).

AOC would make a great hate ****. I can't stand Berners so I doubt I can do what it takes to get consent but damn she's hawt. Maybe if I was drunk enough I could lie long enough for consent. Probably not too many other chicks that want the BBC, why chase when you are chased! She is hot tho.

Ya'll hating on a hottie...that's dumb.
Hating on a dumb azz u mean.

HJ, Times are different in recruiting from the Vietnam era. Allowing people to join the military in lieu of any type of civil restraint I.E. jail, probation is strictly prohibited. We can't appear in court on behalf of any applicant. Felonies? Forget about joining the military. No high school diploma? You probably won't get in, too many tattoos or tattoos on your face, neck, knuckles? No way!!!, My point is isn't not easy getting into the military.

HJ, Times are different in recruiting from the Vietnam era. Allowing people to join the military in lieu of any type of civil restraint I.E. jail, probation is strictly prohibited. We can't appear in court on behalf of any applicant. Felonies? Forget about joining the military. No high school diploma? You probably won't get in, too many tattoos or tattoos on your face, neck, knuckles? No way!!!, My point is isn't not easy getting into the military.
That’s sounds like the criteria for most decent jobs - go figure

1000% don't have to be a lifer just 1 tour would be great for many. I did 6 years 5 active 1 reserve. Got in trouble plenty in the Navy but accepted my azz whooping every time and learned
Got in trouble plenty in the Navy but accepted my azz whooping every time and learned
Consequences for ones actions, accountability...so lacking in today's culture, especially with our youth. Great discussion HJ!

Reactions: HJCane
That’s sounds like the criteria for most decent jobs - go figure
Back in the day and as HJ points out judges were giving people a choice between jail and the military and the military found its ranks being filled with criminals so they put a stop to it.

Reactions: utatem
This I know. Don't agree with it but I know that is how it is now.

Back in the day and as HJ points out judges were giving people a choice between jail and the military and the military found its ranks being filled with criminals so they put a stop to it.
Post Vietnam nobody wanted in. In Norfolk I saw a sign that read " Dogs and Sailors Stay Off the Grass,"

Yeah I heard about those signs.
Didn't bother me at the time post Vietnam. My 1st year was Jimmy Carters last year 79-80 things were bad under his liberal weakness. In 1980 Reagan came in and virtually in 1 day he flipped it right side up. Loved Reagan.

Re
Didn't bother me at the time post Vietnam. My 1st year was Jimmy Carters last year 79-80 things were bad under his liberal weakness. In 1980 Reagan came in and virtually in 1 day he flipped it right side up. Loved Reagan.
I remember Reagan wanted a 600 ship Navy. He was in office my first year in the Navy.

I think her point is to stop recruiters from selling teenagers on the chance to make a difference and they then find themselves either fighting an endless war or patrolling the streets of Americam cities.

I think her point is to stop recruiters from selling teenagers on the chance to make a difference and they then find themselves either fighting an endless war or patrolling the streets of Americam cities.
Her point means nothing really. I mean if we are honest who the F*ck is she?

Reactions: dolcane
The real troubling aspect to AOC is that people actually voted for her...
Hard to believe she got 80% of the vote in the primary running against Michelle Caruso Cabrera, who came from an immigrant background and attended Wellesley College on a National Merritt Scholarship. She rose to becoming an anchor on CNBC. She destroyed AOC in debate, so AOC ducked out of any more.
AOC cost her district 40,000 jobs from Amazon, but the sheeple didn't care. How can that be?
" I can't wait to get to Washington DC to be inaugurated."- AOC.

Reactions: krvanness
Hard to believe she got 80% of the vote in the primary running against Michelle Caruso Cabrera, who came from an immigrant background and attended Wellesley College on a National Merritt Scholarship. She rose to becoming an anchor on CNBC. She destroyed AOC in debate, so AOC ducked out of any more.
AOC cost her district 40,000 jobs from Amazon, but the sheeple didn't care. How can that be?
" I can't wait to get to Washington DC to be inaugurated."- AOC.
Very disheartening. It's partly a result of years of indoctrination in the Public School System. The chickens have come home to roost...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT