ADVERTISEMENT

APRIL CPI up BIGLY

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
April core CPI up 0.8% estimate was up 0.2%. Year over year a WHOPPING up 4.2% the highest number in MANY MANY years! Can't believe Wall Street and the FEd were caught off guard on these inflation numbers. THE FED RESERVE has gotten this very wrong! Too many dollars pumped out chasing too few goods. PRICES ARE SOARING and this my friends is the MOST REGRESSIVE tax to low income and middle income people and it STINGS the wallet!!

NOW INTEREST RATES START HEADING HIGHER! FOOLS ALL OF THEM. We've been talking about this for MONTHS right here in the Lounge. Leftists on here said we were crazy but we were right.

For the young people out there who didn't live thru Jimmy Carter. When inflation gets going it is EXTREMELY difficult to control! During the Carter years mortgage rates were over 15% CD's paid 15%, costs of goods were thru the roof. It really is devastating to citizens. You have no idea.

Reactions: BreakingCane
For the young people out there who didn't live thru Jimmy Carter. When inflation gets going it is EXTREMELY difficult to control! During the Carter years mortgage rates were over 15% CD's paid 15%, costs of goods were thru the roof. It really is devastating to citizens. You have no idea.
I remember savings accounts were at around 10-11% annual yield as well.

My first car loan was 22%. I had no credit and no co-signer.

Interesting (old) article from Forbes on how the government calculates inflation.

There is much incentive to keep the number low because annual increases in SS payments as well as other programs are linked to the index.

To add to the fun, there's no gas in my area ANYWHERE. Costco got a Truck in this morning, but after about an hour of pumping nonstop the computer system managing the pumps crashed. Panera bread and other eateries in my neck of the woods are shutting down for lunch as they can't get workers (they're all getting paid to watch TV). But hey, Sleepy's approval is in the 60 percentile range, so all is well.

I remember as high as 18% IR ... Thank god for Reagan who came in a turned it around quickly....

Reactions: BreakingCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT