ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Cops Going Wild

cems52

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2006
Parkland, Florida
We have another incident of a cop overreacting in a traffic stop involving a person of color. Thank god this didn't end in another killing of an unarmed citizen. There is something systematically wrong with the way police officers engage citizens especially people of color. Is it their training or lack thereof? Are they trained to be suspicious of minorities? Or are they so racist to the core that no training will help?

We have another incident of a cop overreacting in a traffic stop involving a person of color. Thank god this didn't end in another killing of an unarmed citizen. There is something systematically wrong with the way police officers engage citizens especially people of color. Is it their training or lack thereof? Are they trained to be suspicious of minorities? Or are they so racist to the core that no training will help?

Institutional racism. The race of the officers isn't important, as an institution is the perceived race of the driver.

This cop didn't wake up thinking "I'm going to F with a black guy". But, institutional bias is the reason that he pulled him over, big new SUV rolling on a highway, lets check this guy out, mentality.

Once the guy didn't pull over immediately, the false premise that it was for no tag displayed was gone (the stage was clearly visible in the light of the place he pulled over. The officer didn't sit in and punch up the new tag, the bias was then, black guy, evading must be up to something or worse yet, black guy not obeying we are going to teach him, or even worse, black guy dangerous.

After seeing his hands extended the guns remain drawn.

After hearing him calmly ask why they are pulling guns on him the guns remain drawn.

After saying I'm afraid your going to harm me (post pepper spray) the guns remain drawn.

What is telling is that he is in full uniform and the question is are you a private, this is a perfect example of the bias, it was clearly disrepectful as the intent was to place him at the bottom of the noncommissioned totem pole as if serving the nation in that capacity is lacking, when he retorted that he was a Lietenuant and without posing any threat whatsoever, even after being pepper sprayed, knee shots and forced take down occurred.

Cuffed, something as a black man you never want to end up as, the stereotype, he remained as calm as a teargassed person with hostile men can possibly remain. Kudos to the younger cop who seemed to realize how F'd up it was.

If you don't believe in institutional bias look at why he was pulled over. Look at the reason the supervising cop who showed up gave, I'll let you watch it for yourself. Look at the police report that states he was evading when he was driving below the speed limit, turn signal on to indicate he was looking for a well lit area.

I'm thankful to the two cops that pulled me over two weeks ago, I too drove to a well lit area (BP on 441) they sat in there care for about 2 min before they approached, didn't draw down on me, one officer on passenger side one on driver side. It was a complete DWB, they say an Audi SUV, but to their credit they ran me and didn't come at me as a hostile when they realized they had nothing (i do a damn thing to get pulled over because i like living and I"m a 6'5 BM so that's probably the best way to do that). After about 2 min they let me go on my way, no ticket no warning, no explanation either but that's fine.

I can't be convinced that if this Lietunant had gotten out when they ordered him that he would not have been shot the moment he reached for his belt. The narrative would have been he had a gun in the car and was reaching for it.

I can't be convinced that he was pulled over for a legitimate purpose or that they could not have taken two minutes to run the tag they claim they couldn't see from the dealership.

One cop was fired today, this happened in December, early December, I can't be convinced that he wont' be hired by another police force and do something similar to someone else.

I don't think its racism per see. I think this could have played out the same way if the cop was black, white or in as in this case Hispanic.

Its institutional bias and it doesn't get changed by ignoring the cold fact that policing of black and brown folks isn't the same as others. #BlackLivesMatter

I saw that film video made me sick to MY STOMACH! First of all Black guy but in addition dressed in his Army cammies should have been treated with the utmost respect. It was a disgrace I felt so bad for that guy and he clearly knew his Civil Constitutional Rights which were ignored.

Institutional racism. The race of the officers isn't important, as an institution is the perceived race of the driver.

This cop didn't wake up thinking "I'm going to F with a black guy". But, institutional bias is the reason that he pulled him over, big new SUV rolling on a highway, lets check this guy out, mentality.

Once the guy didn't pull over immediately, the false premise that it was for no tag displayed was gone (the stage was clearly visible in the light of the place he pulled over. The officer didn't sit in and punch up the new tag, the bias was then, black guy, evading must be up to something or worse yet, black guy not obeying we are going to teach him, or even worse, black guy dangerous.

After hearing him calmly ask why they are pulling guns on him the guns remain drawn.

After saying I'm afraid your going to harm me (post pepper spray) the guns remain drawn.

What is telling is that he is in full uniform and the question is are you a private, this is a perfect example of the bias, it was clearly disrepectful as the intent was to place him at the bottom of the noncommissioned totem pole as if serving the nation in that capacity is lacking, when he retorted that he was a Lietenuant and without posing any threat whatsoever, even after being pepper sprayed, knee shots and forced take down occurred.

Cuffed, something as a black man you never want to end up as, the stereotype, he remained as calm as a teargassed person with hostile men can possibly remain. Kudos to the younger cop who seemed to realize how F'd up it was.

If you don't believe in institutional bias look at why he was pulled over. Look at the reason the supervising cop who showed up gave, I'll let you watch it for yourself. Look at the police report that states he was evading when he was driving below the speed limit, turn signal on to indicate he was looking for a well lit area.

I'm thankful to the two cops that pulled me over two weeks ago, I too drove to a well lit area (BP on 441) they sat in there care for about 2 min before they approached, didn't draw down on me, one officer on passenger side one on driver side. It was a complete DWB, they say an Audi SUV, but to their credit they ran me and didn't come at me as a hostile when they realized they had nothing (i do a damn thing to get pulled over because i like living and I"m a 6'5 BM so that's probably the best way to do that). After about 2 min they let me go on my way, no ticket no warning, no explanation either but that's fine.

I can't be convinced that if this Lietunant had gotten out when they ordered him that he would not have been shot the moment he reached for his belt. The narrative would have been he had a gun in the car and was reaching for it.

I can't be convinced that he was pulled over for a legitimate purpose or that they could not have taken two minutes to run the tag they claim they couldn't see from the dealership.

One cop was fired today, this happened in December, early December, I can't be convinced that he wont' be hired by another police force and do something similar to someone else.

I don't think its racism per see. I think this could have played out the same way if the cop was black, white or in as in this case Hispanic.

Its institutional bias and it doesn't get changed by ignoring the cold fact that policing of black and brown folks isn't the same as others. #BlackLivesMatter
There is an element of distrust out there in the Police community and distrust stems from untrustworthy behaviors in the past. However this is not a case of a man cheating on his wife. This is Law Enforcement who unwittingly and by habit are allowing there conscious or sub-conscious to control their behavior. I hope you follow me because I am in no way making an excuse for this behavior which is abhorrent. They may or may not even realize what they are doing. It has become a very bad habit. It will take lots of work and maybe even psychological therapy to change these behaviors. It is wrong on every level.

Reactions: zackbear and cems52

Imagine how many of these incidents went unreported before bodycams and smartphones.

Preach!!!

I often wonder about the training cops get. Why do they always seem to shoot to kill? Should a fleeing suspect always be shot in the back even if there is an opportunity to wound a suspect in the leg or other non life threatening parts of the body? All fleeing suspects are not dangerous. Case in point is a the guy in Georgia who was asleep at a drive thru but when he encountered the cops decided to run. He was killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: zackbear
I often wonder about the training cops get. Why do they always seem to shoot to kill? Should a fleeing suspect always be shot in the back even if there is an opportunity to wound a suspect in the leg or other non life threatening parts of the body? All fleecing suspects are not dangerous. Case in point is a the guy in Georgia who was asleep at a drive thru but when he encountered the cops decided to run. He was killed.
If you shoot you shoot to kill. That’s it. It’s lethal force. By the way Sean Taylor wasn’t shot in the heart or head. Guns are lethal.

the question is when is a fleeing suspect to be shot. All too often fleeing becomes a reason to shoot, it should be a reason not to shoot, especially over misdemeanors or non violent felonies. Nota major threat going away from the officer. If you point a real life gun, I hope the cop does what it takes to go home to his family that night.

Reactions: central17
If you shoot you shoot to kill. That’s it. It’s lethal force. By the way Sean Taylor wasn’t shot in the heart or head. Guns are lethal.

the question is when is a fleeing suspect to be shot. All too often fleeing becomes a reason to shoot, it should be a reason not to shoot, especially over misdemeanors or non violent felonies. Nota major threat going away from the officer. If you point a real life gun, I hope the cop does what it takes to go home to his family that night.
I get the Taylor case with the fatal shot to the thigh. But far too often cops shoot first without forethought. Can we continue to lean on this "shoot to kill" mentality? I seriously believe if this soldier was white this incident would not have escalated.

Why do you continue to omit the videos out there of Tony Timpa, Justine Damond, LeVoy Finicum and of course, the one where Daniel Shaver gets executed in a hotel hallway while crawling on his hands and knees? This lie that it only happens to minorities needs to stop, especially when the facts say otherwise. As far as training goes, NFL QB's train their whole lives to throw a ball and we jump and cheer when they get it right over 70% of the time. Cops on the other hand are expected to never make a mistake in life or death situations that happen in the blink of an eye. As your hero, Joey says, Come on man.

Why do you continue to omit the videos out there of Tony Timpa, Justine Damond, LeVoy Finicum and of course, the one where Daniel Shaver gets executed in a hotel hallway while crawling on his hands and knees? This lie that it only happens to minorities needs to stop, especially when the facts say otherwise. As far as training goes, NFL QB's train their whole lives to throw a ball and we jump and cheer when they get it right over 70% of the time. Cops on the other hand are expected to never make a mistake in life or death situations that happen in the blink of an eye. As your hero, Joey says, Come on man.
Being a cop is a tough profession. Those that can, do, those that can't shouldn't. Cops who are not suited for their profession should be rooted out. Also, if you feel this happens at a higher rate to Whites, you should be out marching with the BLM marchers.

Last edited:
Being a cop is a tough profession. Those that can, do, those that can't shouldn't. Cops who are not suited for their profession should be rooted out. Also, if you feel this happens at a higher rate to Whites, you should be out marching with the BLM marchers.
It has nothing to do with how I feel. It is a fact that nearly twice as many whites are killed by police each year and the same applies to those unarmed. In fact, in 2018 for every 10,000 arrests of a black person for a violent crime, 3 were killed. For every 10,000 arrests of a white person for a violent crime, 4 were killed. Not going to waste my time marching when the vast majority were justified regardless of their race. What I will do though is to correct this lying narrative whenever I see it.

I often wonder about the training cops get. Why do they always seem to shoot to kill? Should a fleeing suspect always be shot in the back even if there is an opportunity to wound a suspect in the leg or other non life threatening parts of the body? All fleeing suspects are not dangerous. Case in point is a the guy in Georgia who was asleep at a drive thru but when he encountered the cops decided to run. He was killed.

Imagine being a cop in a country swimming in more firearms than people, with billions of rounds of ammo and tremendous social inequity. Its the perfect storm for violence from both cops and criminals.

Reactions: zackbear
Imagine being a cop in a country swimming in more firearms than people, with billions of rounds of ammo and tremendous social inequity. Its the perfect storm for violence from both cops and criminals.
I hear ya. This is the climate most Republicans want. Smh

It has nothing to do with how I feel. It is a fact that nearly twice as many whites are killed by police each year and the same applies to those unarmed. In fact, in 2018 for every 10,000 arrests of a black person for a violent crime, 3 were killed. For every 10,000 arrests of a white person for a violent crime, 4 were killed. Not going to waste my time marching when the vast majority were justified regardless of their race. What I will do though is to correct this lying narrative whenever I see it.
You can continue trying to perfect this narrative as you see fit but I'll continue to march.

You can continue trying to perfect this narrative as you see fit but I'll continue to march.
To each his own and you certainly have the right to peacefully march for whatever you want to but I have no narrative and the facts do not lie. You seem to be fond of videos showing people getting killed by cops, did you ever get around to watching that Daniel Shaver video?

Reactions: gdowning70
Back at it again with the back at it again. More prayers will be sent out I am sure....but this problem just persist. One side will just say just listen to the cops. Submit. Obey. Never question if you don't want to die and really truly believe there is nothing wrong with this. That is the problem.

Reactions: cems52
To each his own and you certainly have the right to peacefully march for whatever you want to but I have no narrative and the facts do not lie. You seem to be fond of videos showing people getting killed by cops, did you ever get around to watching that Daniel Shaver video?
You can bring attention to breast cancer even tho lung cancer kills 3x more. It’s a deflection. No citizen should be executed. It’s ok to discuss a historical issue that manifests as a problem today (think asbestos and lung cancer) without reducing the impact by pointing at smokers.

thanks for the derail tho.

You can bring attention to breast cancer even tho lung cancer kills 3x more. It’s a deflection. No citizen should be executed. It’s ok to discuss a historical issue that manifests as a problem today (think asbestos and lung cancer) without reducing the impact by pointing at smokers.

All are wrong and 1 being different circumstance than another doesn't make either right............

It’s not the training.

1) starts with the men and women getting hired in the first place. In these blue areas where all the riots are taking place it’s gotta be slim pickings on who these precincts can even hire in the first place. Who would want to be a cop in these areas? They don’t get paid much, their city doesn’t have their backs and in a lot of ways are at war with them. So you no longer have the best man/women for the job right from the get go.

2) lack of accountability thanks in part to cities not wanting flack from liberal police unions. You see the same thing in the school systems in these areas.

3) lack of accountability due to negligence. Ex being chovin did what he did because he thought he could get away with it. Not saying he’s killed multiple people but the guy had a bad track record prior to all this and his superior said no prob we’ll put you in charge of training. You see shit like this all over government.

4) these aren’t robots they’re human beings and it’s a very tough job. Zero margin for error with zero time to plan things out in your head in advance. maybe the expectation of perfection is asking too much? Unless you’re in the shoes of a cop working these areas, it’s kinda hard to monday qb their actions when you don’t really no what it’s like to have to deal with what they do on a daily basis.

if I’m you, I’d be a little more concerned with being one of the 1 and 6 statistics of being a victim of a violent crime in some of these neighborhoods than i would be getting shot by the police. If it’s the wild west you want in black neighborhoods, then that’s unfortunately what I see happening. One of the law makers in liberal squad members was recently quoted as saying “no more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can’t be reformed”. This is where you’re headed in liberal black neighborhoods that struggle with poverty and lack of accountability in general at all levels. Now you’re talking true systematic racism in the name of being politicly correct. Just turn a blind eye to a violent epidemic and let them deal with their own problems from with in and let the police continue to be police in the areas they’re wanted. Trust me you don’t want this. You want better cops and that starts with more incentive and less de incentive. Just look at the cops you see around. It’s a 125 pound female with either a 5’9 140 pound man or 6’2 250 at 50% body fat and they’re young as hell. They’re millennial whistle blowers with very little experience and they’re scared as hell and in certain situations try over compensate because they’re not thinking clearly. That’s not good.

Last edited:
It’s not the training.

1) starts with the men and women getting hired in the first place. In these blue areas where all the riots are taking place it’s gotta be slim pickings on who these precincts can even hire in the first place. Who would want to be a cop in these areas? They don’t get paid much, their city doesn’t have their backs and in a lot of ways are at war with them. So you no longer have the best man/women for the job right from the get go.

2) lack of accountability thanks in part to cities not wanting flack from liberal police unions. You see the same thing in the school systems in these areas.

3) lack of accountability due to negligence. Ex being chovin did what he did because he thought he could get away with it. Not saying he’s killed multiple people but the guy had a bad track record prior to all this and his superior said no prob we’ll put you in charge of training. You see shit like this all over government.

4) these aren’t robots they’re human beings and it’s a very tough job. Zero margin for error with zero time to plan things out in your head in advance. maybe the expectation of perfection is asking too much? Unless you’re in the shoes of a cop working these areas, it’s kinda hard to monday qb their actions when you don’t really no what it’s like to have to deal with what they do on a daily basis.

if I’m you, I’d be a little more concerned with being one of the 1 and 6 statistics of being a victim of a violent crime in some of these neighborhoods than i would be getting shot by the police. If it’s the wild west you want in black neighborhoods, then that’s unfortunately what I see happening. One of the law makers in liberal squad members was recently quoted as saying “no more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can’t be reformed”. This is where you’re headed in liberal black neighborhoods that struggle with poverty and lack of accountability in general at all levels. Now you’re talking true systematic racism in the name of being politicly correct. Just turn a blind eye to a violent epidemic and let them deal with their own problems from with in and let the police continue to be police in the areas they’re wanted. Trust me you don’t want this. You want better cops and that starts with more incentive and less de incentive. Just look at the cops you see around. It’s a 125 pound female with either a 5’9 140 pound man or 6’2 250 at 50% body fat and they’re young as hell. They’re millennial whistle blowers with very little experience and they’re scared as hell and in certain situations try over compensate because they’re not thinking clearly. That’s not good.

I'm 100% afraid of being a victim of black on black crime.

I can avoid that though by association etc. I do know it happens, I've seen it first hand most of my life.

Those are not people I pay to protect me, nor are they people I'm required to submit to at their behest. Its an obfuscation.

Your first four points are well taken. I disagree with the abolish BS but we need system wide reform.

I would ask that you diversity your opinion as well, I listen to white cops because I want their thoughts, try listening to some black cops who support BLM, their are a ton of em, hell entire National Associations do, maybe you'll have a different perspective or not but good to get other ideas, just a thought.

Exactly how many of these police killings were executions?

It’s not the training.

You say we have bad cops because of the areas they serve. Here is your exact quote about cops in those areas. "It’s gotta be slim pickings on who these precincts can even hire in the first place". Let that sink in for a moment. You obviously are not aware of current events and the circumstances surrounding the killing of AA over the last 3 years. Some of those killings were not in those "blue areas" as you referred to them.

I respect your opinion. For that reason I watched the Daniel Shaver video. That video proves why policing in its current form doesn't work. How and why that policeman was found not guilty is beyond my comprehension.

You should be marching with the BLM peeps protesting this injustice.

I respect your opinion. For that reason I watched the Daniel Shaver video. That video proves why policing in its current form doesn't work. How and why that policeman was found not guilty is beyond my comprehension.

You should be marching with the BLM peeps protesting this injustice.
That video certainly has a very sudden and chilling ending. I made all 3 of my kids watch it. The officer was not only found not guilty but was allowed to rejoin the force long enough to retire on medical grounds and was given a pension of $2,500 per month due to PTSD that he suffered from the shooting and subsequent trial. Crazy.

Reactions: zackbear and cems52
I'm 100% afraid of being a victim of black on black crime.

I can avoid that though by association etc. I do know it happens, I've seen it first hand most of my life.

Those are not people I pay to protect me, nor are they people I'm required to submit to at their behest. Its an obfuscation.

Your first four points are well taken. I disagree with the abolish BS but we need system wide reform.

I would ask that you diversity your opinion as well, I listen to white cops because I want their thoughts, try listening to some black cops who support BLM, their are a ton of em, hell entire National Associations do, maybe you'll have a different perspective or not but good to get other ideas, just a thought.
What difference does it make if the cop is black or white if it’s a systematic issue? This topic has nothing to do with blm. Cops are not welcome regardless of skin color and are all under attack in the neighborhoods where they’re needed most and have had entire precincts pulled out In certain areas. I’m sure these people in these neighborhoods where 1 in 6 people are the victim of a violent crime feel so safe now that they don’t have to be terrified of rogue cops shooting them.

imo, the reform is hire people that are more capable of doing the job, higher more of them, incentivize them better, support them and give them the resources they need instead of defunding. unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, that involves a lot more violent perps going to jail in these neighborhoods and they don’t all go out with out a fight. This is what it takes to truly keep people safe. Again pc culture doesn’t allow for this so better to just segergate the cops to where they’re wanted and turn a blind eye to where they’re not wanted.

They have a very difficult job with zero margin for error (we’re talking life and death on both ends and the termination of their careers at the very least if they make one mistake. the job openings need to be treated in accordance. Do you really want barney fife showing up to a domestic dispute involving drugs and alc in a bad neighborhood or some middle class goober strait out of college? Of course not, well that’s what you have. it’s a lot easier to hold cops accountable for a job they’re capable of doing because they’re again capable thus can be held to a higher standard. It doesn’t do any good to just bring on who ever wants the job so long as tests are passed and quotas are met only to fire and rehire after the damage has been done.

The training is there. There’s never been so much of it before but there’s a big difference between hypotheticals and real life situations. You can’t train for the unknown factor because every situation is different. The mental aspect truly needs to be the biggest factor in hiring. In the marines they literally break you down to see how you deal with adversity an unknown variables. . Carl from family matters probably not the best applicant for the job.

These guys have to be capable of doing their jobs and right now no one capable wants the job because why would they? No one wants to patrol a bad neighborhood because why would they.

Right now the most pc thing to do is just let the crack house burn and turn a blind eye and that’s what you’re seeing. Shootings, child abuse, domestic violence, drug abuse all sky rocketing at an alarming rate but it’s ok so long as it’s not at the hands of a minute percentage of rogue cops. You say you’re terrified of cops but I’ll bet dollars to donuts you don’t personally know one person that was ever killed by a cop for no reason. Double or nothing, you know an awful lot of people that have been the victim of a crime. I had a friend robbie german (look him up) that i grew up with that was a cop that was killed in a routine traffic stop in isleworth. Lot more innocent cops getting killed on the job than the other way around so keep that in mind. If you’re THAT afraid of the police to where you’re terrified and not the slightest bit nervous of being the victim of a crime there might be a reason for it. Just sayin.

The vast majority of cops aren’t rogue and quite frankly a lot of them shouldn’t even be cops right now for a multitude of reasons but I think you being terrified is very misplaced. You literally have a better chance at getting killed by lightening living in Florida than you do being an innocent black man getting killed by a cop.

Last edited:
I saw that film video made me sick to MY STOMACH! First of all Black guy but in addition dressed in his Army cammies should have been treated with the utmost respect. It was a disgrace I felt so bad for that guy and he clearly knew his Civil Constitutional Rights which were ignored.
Happens far too often. The ride the lightning comment is very troubling.

What difference does it make if the cop is black or white if it’s a systematic issue? This topic has nothing to do with blm. Cops are not welcome regardless of skin color and are all under attack in the neighborhoods where they’re needed most and have had entire precincts pulled out In certain areas. I’m sure these people in these neighborhoods where 1 in 6 people are the victim of a violent crime feel so safe now that they don’t have to be terrified of rogue cops shooting them.

imo, the reform is hire people that are more capable of doing the job, higher more of them, incentivize them better, support them and give them the resources they need instead of defunding. unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, that involves a lot more violent perps going to jail in these neighborhoods and they don’t all go out with out a fight. This is what it takes to truly keep people safe. Again pc culture doesn’t allow for this so better to just segergate the cops to where they’re wanted and turn a blind eye to where they’re not wanted.

They have a very difficult job with zero margin for error (we’re talking life and death on both ends and the termination of their careers at the very least if they make one mistake. the job openings need to be treated in accordance. Do you really want barney fife showing up to a domestic dispute involving drugs and alc in a bad neighborhood or some middle class goober strait out of college? Of course not, well that’s what you have. it’s a lot easier to hold cops accountable for a job they’re capable of doing because they’re again capable thus can be held to a higher standard. It doesn’t do any good to just bring on who ever wants the job so long as tests are passed and quotas are met only to fire and rehire after the damage has been done.

The training is there. There’s never been so much of it before but there’s a big difference between hypotheticals and real life situations. You can’t train for the unknown factor because every situation is different. The mental aspect truly needs to be the biggest factor in hiring. In the marines they literally break you down to see how you deal with adversity an unknown variables. . Carl from family matters probably not the best applicant for the job.

These guys have to be capable of doing their jobs and right now no one capable wants the job because why would they? No one wants to patrol a bad neighborhood because why would they.

Right now the most pc thing to do is just let the crack house burn and turn a blind eye and that’s what you’re seeing. Shootings, child abuse, domestic violence, drug abuse all sky rocketing at an alarming rate but it’s ok so long as it’s not at the hands of a minute percentage of rogue cops. You say you’re terrified of cops but I’ll bet dollars to donuts you don’t personally know one person that was ever killed by a cop for no reason. Double or nothing, you know an awful lot of people that have been the victim of a crime. I had a friend robbie german (look him up) that i grew up with that was a cop that was killed in a routine traffic stop in isleworth. Lot more innocent cops getting killed on the job than the other way around so keep that in mind. If you’re THAT afraid of the police to where you’re terrified and not the slightest bit nervous of being the victim of a crime there might be a reason for it. Just sayin.

The vast majority of cops aren’t rogue and quite frankly a lot of them shouldn’t even be cops right now for a multitude of reasons but I think you being terrified is very misplaced. You literally have a better chance at getting killed by lightening living in Florida than you do being an innocent black man getting killed by a cop.
I asked you to ask and expand your pool of information. I know black cops that have a different perspective, those that believe in the systemic problems that blacks are affected by can certainly be found in that group (by definition). If you don't find it worth your while so be it. Was simply a suggestion.

You seem to have your opinion fomented, I thought additional data points might interest you. I have the benefit of knowing both white and black officers who believe that there is systemic injustice. Members of the 100 Black Men of South Florida, my chapter brothers of Omega Psi Phi, my family (unc, cousin, nephew), my neighbors, two girls I dated, some are Captains (Atl and Miami Gardens), two are leadership as comms officers here in South Florida (Broward and Dade). They aren't hard to find. Your point of view is yours, no need to expand it, was simply proposing that additional data points are a good thing to me, maybe not to you so. Respect! I'm moving on from it.

I'm going to let the bold sit where it is, when you care to discuss stuff that you don't understand I'll care to respond but when you have your view, don't want others perspectives (self included) and want to dictate how and why we feel, despite us telling you how and why, its not much of a convo.

I'm not into the mudslinging and fake convincing we normally do on political shit in the abstract when it comes to how I literally live my life and how collectively as a community we cope. You got folks on here that'll engage in that back in forth but for me, its to real a subject to reduce to "sides".

That's my point. Shaver was not Black but police brutality affects all of us but more so for minorities. When can I expect you to march with BLM marchers?
And my point is, why don't we get treated to 24/7 coverage when this happens to white folks, especially since it happens twice as often to them as it does to blacks? I applaud you for marching and wanting to make a difference. As for me, we are getting the trailer ready for our cross country trip and I prefer to spend what time I have left in the company of my wife. We raised our kids and sacrificed our time together long enough. Nearly losing her 3 times in the last 2 years lets me see just how blessed we are to be able to do this.

Imagine being in Communist China where you end up in a Concentration camp for being a Muslim. Imagine being in Russia where political opponents to Putin are poisoned or end up in Siberia. Imagine being in Cuba or Venezuela where dissidents disappear. Thank goodness we have the second amendment and the freedom it gives us.

And my point is, why don't we get treated to 24/7 coverage when this happens to white folks, especially since it happens twice as often to them as it does to blacks? I applaud you for marching and wanting to make a difference. As for me, we are getting the trailer ready for our cross country trip and I prefer to spend what time I have left in the company of my wife. We raised our kids and sacrificed our time together long enough. Nearly losing her 3 times in the last 2 years lets me see just how blessed we are to be able to do this.
We have had this discussion before. On a per capita basis, unarmed minorities are killed by cops at a higher rate. Period!!

I asked you to ask and expand your pool of information. I know black cops that have a different perspective, those that believe in the systemic problems that blacks are affected by can certainly be found in that group (by definition). If you don't find it worth your while so be it. Was simply a suggestion.

You seem to have your opinion fomented, I thought additional data points might interest you. I have the benefit of knowing both white and black officers who believe that there is systemic injustice. Members of the 100 Black Men of South Florida, my chapter brothers of Omega Psi Phi, my family (unc, cousin, nephew), my neighbors, two girls I dated, some are Captains (Atl and Miami Gardens), two are leadership as comms officers here in South Florida (Broward and Dade). They aren't hard to find. Your point of view is yours, no need to expand it, was simply proposing that additional data points are a good thing to me, maybe not to you so. Respect! I'm moving on from it.

I'm going to let the bold sit where it is, when you care to discuss stuff that you don't understand I'll care to respond but when you have your view, don't want others perspectives (self included) and want to dictate how and why we feel, despite us telling you how and why, its not much of a convo.

I'm not into the mudslinging and fake convincing we normally do on political shit in the abstract when it comes to how I literally live my life and how collectively as a community we cope. You got folks on here that'll engage in that back in forth but for me, its to real a subject to reduce to "sides".
Respect but no one is denying that there are systematic issues. I’ve even listed some of them imo as examples. I think that the racial injustices are more a microorganism of the big pic though that you have to look at as a whole and not just circle back to race . It’s not just broken for black people, it’s broken in general. Get a better police force and everyone wins of all colors except for the the criminals.

I just don’t understand I guess where you’re going with the ask black cops their opinions when the subject isn’t really a critiscm on white cops but cops and the system they work with in general.

Reactions: ellu
Imagine being in Communist China where you end up in a Concentration camp for being a Muslim. Imagine being in Russia where political opponents to Putin are poisoned or end up in Siberia. Imagine being in Cuba or Venezuela where dissidents disappear. Thank goodness we have the second amendment and the freedom it gives us.

Or Europe or Australia or Japan, Korea and any number of other first world countries where weird gun worship by middle aged males with small penis syndrome doesn’t exist, and neither do epidemics of mass shootings, police violence, or constant race riots.

ADVERTISEMENT