ADVERTISEMENT

Bank of America Paycheck protection @honeyviv or anyone else! URGENT

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Long time relationship with BOA business checking. They are requiring BOTH a business account AND a loan in place ALREADY as of February 15,2020 to make application for the SBA paycheck protection plan. This loan can be as simple as a business credit card. I have the checking but NOT THE CREDIT CARD! This is horsshit and NOT THE SPIRIT OF THE PROGRAM!

Where can we apply???? PLEASE HELP!

Reactions: CFSteve
I have yet to find a bank making loans that doesn't at least require an existing Bs banking relationship. BOA is providing for existing Bs loan customers first, then I believe Bs relationships second.

I have yet to find a bank making loans that doesn't at least require an existing Bs banking relationship. BOA is providing for existing Bs loan customers first, then I believe Bs relationships second.
NO they want an existing banking relationship PLUS an existing loan which can be as simple as a business credit card well that sucks because not every business that does their banking at a bank gets a credit card so if you do not have that you CAN NOT APPLY! Even if you generat millions thru the bank.

Mnuchkin bold face lies yesterday. the SBA is failing with the road map. I’m represent three major lenders and sit on the BOD for a major commercial lit division of a legal org with multiple banking AGC. No one knows the process. Instead of organizing it it was run out for show.

there will be so much waste and fraud.

it was a failure to plan and then haste to say look at what we are doing.

inexcusable. Mnuchkin is better than this and I expect him to get the job done.

First Home Bank and I read Sterling Bank both do not require a prior relationship. We used First Home Bank

Yes I expect Mnuchin to get the job done but the SBA is involved and they are a frickin joke.

Reactions: JcaneO
Yes I expect Mnuchin to get the job done but the SBA is involved and they are a frickin joke.
Yeah....I see the banks are claiming a lot of ambiguity in the instructions from the Treasury. People with great relationships with thier bank are not getting loans approved. Hopefully Mnuchin can get the job done.

CPA here....this one of the biggest clusterfks I have ever seen. It is literally a mad dash to get the money.

this 350b will be gone by the end of the day.

Reactions: Kinggeorge3
BOA is a joke. I am moving my business accounts to another bank. Their service is terrible, and this was icing.

Not the SBA or Treasury Secretary fault. Strictly BOA and other big banks adding an unnecessary hurdle. We were able to apply at a small bank online without a prior relationship of any kind. Good effort though. BOA is getting destroyed on Twitter

Reactions: it'sabout the U
CPA here....this one of the biggest clusterfks I have ever seen. It is literally a mad dash to get the money.

this 350b will be gone by the end of the day.
Yeah....I see the banks are claiming a lot of ambiguity in the instructions from the Treasury. People with great relationships with thier bank are not getting loans approved. Hopefully Mnuchin can get the job done.
Wrong again. It's not approved, it's that you can't even apply online with BOA UNLESS you have both a business account and a current loan which can be a business credit card. It's the loan part that BOA unilaterally added and is not a part of the legislation. They are getting destroyed on twitter over this.

Hell I deal with Wells Fargo, Bank of American and a local bank and none will even take the paper work to submit cause they have changed the app 3 times since Monday and they claim they do t k ow wtf you really need

Wrong again. It's not approved, it's that you can't even apply online with BOA UNLESS you have both a business account and a current loan which can be a business credit card. It's the loan part that BOA unilaterally added and is not a part of the legislation. They are getting destroyed on twitter over this.
I don't think every situation is the same. My response wasn't to your situation. I was speaking to a report I saw on the subject in reply to a comment.

Not the SBA or Treasury Secretary fault. Strictly BOA and other big banks adding an unnecessary hurdle. We were able to apply at a small bank online without a prior relationship of any kind. Good effort though. BOA is getting destroyed on Twitter
I was hearing that community banks were functioning well. I believe over a billion in loans on the books already. Good luck.

Hell I deal with Wells Fargo, Bank of American and a local bank and none will even take the paper work to submit cause they have changed the app 3 times since Monday and they claim they do t k ow wtf you really need
Impossible the guidelines came out last night at 10:00 PM BOA was the first big bank to have the online application process. You weren't able to apply till today.

Mnuchkin bold face lies yesterday. the SBA is failing with the road map. I’m represent three major lenders and sit on the BOD for a major commercial lit division of a legal org with multiple banking AGC. No one knows the process. Instead of organizing it it was run out for show.

inexcusable. Mnuchkin is better than this and I expect him to get the job done.
TRy and figure out how many working parts it will take, to facilitate 350 BILLION in non recourse loans.I watch him live and he was articulate on everything he said.obama took over six months to get funds out. Yeah it will be laborsome, it’s NEVER been done before!

Pfffft, you are clueless about how many working parts it will take, to facilitate 350 BILLION in non recourse loans.
I'm not.
If anything I'm way more qualified than most here.

I've spent 27 years in the industry. Retail side, underwriting side, outside counsel for, in house counsel for...Economics degree, finance internship.

Facts.

that being said I'm more pissed on the rush to announce it when no mechanism is in place to see it through proper rollout. This is the ACA website ****-up x2.

Steve is better than this. I can't believe he rolled this crap out before it was ready. Yep I can point fingers at that.

Reactions: zackbear
I'm not.

I've spent 27 years in the industry. Retail side, underwriting side, outside counsel for, in house counsel for...Economics degree, finance internship.

Facts.

that being said I'm more pissed on the rush to announce it when no mechanism is in place to see it through proper rollout. This is the ACA website ****-up x2.

Steve is better than this. I can't believe he rolled this crap out before it was ready. Yep I can point fingers at that.
Yes you have more experience than most including me, in banking.
I agree there will be an initial cluster ****, & waste. Thats always with the government no? So why NOT get started. Citizens are clamoring for help. Steve said 2 weeks, you dont believe him???

Yes you have more experience than most including me, in banking.
I agree there will be an initial cluster ****, & waste. Thats always with the government no? So why NOT get started. Citizens are clamoring for help. Steve said 2 weeks, you dont believe him???

This was my post.

Mnuchkin bold face lies yesterday.
he knew damn well the Banks were not ready. Knew damn well that you needed to have a relationship with the lender. He also knows the American public won't know that. It was a pitch and a **** you to small businesses.

the SBA is failing with the road map.
a byzantine cluster**** of bureaucracy

I represent three major lenders and sit on the BOD for a major commercial lit division of a legal org with multiple banking AGC. No one knows the process. Instead of organizing it it was run out for show.
Why not wait a week, do the shit right? Why? B/c it was all about selling. Same as Pence two weeks ago saying there would x number of y produced and shipped and it did not happen. American's aren't pussies (and fugk the snowflakes who are) they can handle the truth. Give us real deadlines and timelines. Stop Pitching us candy, its meat and potatoes time and if you don't have the American fortitude to chew tough meat then choke. And that goes for those who feel the need to lie to the public, thats pussy too.

-No structure at all, I've helped with two SBA loans, three grants. The fraud will be in the billions.

-Piss poor practice promotes piss poor performance, piss poor performance promotes pain.
-A failure to plan is plan to fail.

inexcusable.
could have just written that as the post.

Mnuchkin is better than this and I expect him to get the job done.
He should have never let his good name be run out there on this bullshid. And to bald faced lie? He really trying to fugg his well earned great rep up.

Reactions: zackbear
I'm not.

Facts.

Actually outside the BOA crap that I posted about as the OP applying was easy and straightforward. Can't speak to what happens next.
What is a cluster F*** is the $10,000 grant program where you are promised the money in 3 days. Thats not going well at all. Again, 2 different programs.

Reactions: zackbear and ellu
But WAIT A MINUTE...

There were guys on here saying that the government could just PRINT MONEY and that there is IMMEDIATE FREE MONEY EVERYWHERE for SMALL BUSINESS...

That there is NO ECONOMIC ISSUE WHATSOEVER...

WTF...

Look at a mid size like First Citizens. My banker there sent an email saying no bank knows the criteria yet for these loans. They are customer oriented and don’t have a checkered past like BOA and Wells Fargo of ripping customers off.

Look at a mid size like First Citizens. My banker there sent an email saying no bank knows the criteria yet for these loans. They are customer oriented and don’t have a checkered past like BOA and Wells Fargo of ripping customers off.
The guidelines are out. The application is out and banks of all sizes have rolled out their online application software site. The point of this post is that I, and my 3 sons have business checking accounts with BOA and use it as our operating account and BOA ADDED an extra criteria on their online system that said to qualify the bank customer must have BOTH a business relationship (checking) AND a loan in place which includes a business credit card. That meant that thousands of their own business customers could not log into the system because like me, they don't have a business credit card and that is NOT in the Treasury Dept. regulations meaning they made it up themselves. One son of mine had the credit card and applied online at BOA. The rest of us had to hunt for another bank, which we found. We should not have had to do that.

The guidelines are out. The application is out and banks of all sizes have rolled out their online application software site. The point of this post is that I, and my 3 sons have business checking accounts with BOA and use it as our operating account and BOA ADDED an extra criteria on their online system that said to qualify the bank customer must have BOTH a business relationship (checking) AND a loan in place which includes a business credit card. That meant that thousands of their own business customers could not log into the system because like me, they don't have a business credit card and that is NOT in the Treasury Dept. regulations meaning they made it up themselves. One son of mine had the credit card and applied online at BOA. The rest of us had to hunt for another bank, which we found. We should not have had to do that.

Do you know if the credit card requirement is driven by BOA or a governmental requirement? I have a credit card with my bank so just curious.

BOA is screwing the pooch on this one

Wells Fargo doesn’t even have anything up yet

I have prepared 2 applications for Iberia and they have changed requirements twice so I need to redo

Centennial in the Keys is requesting more info than what is required for a first mortgage

CenterState is not to bad

I am a CPA and I bank with Wells Fargo ...I applied through SBA.Gov

Do you know if the credit card requirement is driven by BOA or a governmental requirement? I have a credit card with my bank so just curious.
It was a BOA requirement. You need a banking relationship (checking) AND a loan relationship (such as a BUSINESS credit card) not a personal credit card.

I have prepared 2 applications for Iberia and they have changed requirements twice so I need to redo

Centennial in the Keys is requesting more info than what is required for a first mortgage

First Home Bank St. Petersburg. Easy as pie. No relationship necessary

Reactions: BreakingCane

Your clients need Quarterly 941's for 2019 signed
Annual 940 signed
maybe corporate tax return (if done)
Maybe W-2
Copy of ID front and back
The more they upload the better

Reactions: KLCaneFan2
Our biz accounts are all with Chase, the process has been smooth so far. I can tell you Wells Fargo and another local bank reached out to do the SBA loan process for us without requiring any other credit relationship.

Reactions: HJCane
I'm resilient. There are smaller banks out there that routinely do SBA loans usually under 350K that don't require a prior relationship. We found one..........very easy if you have your documents ready to upload like your quarterly tax forms 941.

I'm resilient. There are smaller banks out there that routinely do SBA loans usually under 350K that don't require a prior relationship. We found one..........very easy if you have your documents ready to upload like your quarterly tax forms 941.
I’ve been with BOA the longest amongst my banks, and their fees and lower short term savings rates suck. They’re worst of them all, and the only reason I keep them is due to my constant traveling, and they are everywhere if in need of cash with no ATM fees at their ATMs.

Reactions: HJCane
First of all, BOA was the only major bank that was ready to go yesterday. Not Chase and Not Citi among others. Today the credit card requirement is not in place and if you have business checking and no loans elsewhere, you can apply. Volume of applications is staggering. Good luck!

Reactions: beercane
First of all, BOA was the only major bank that was ready to go yesterday. Not Chase and Not Citi among others. Today the credit card requirement is not in place and if you have business checking and no loans elsewhere, you can apply. Volume of applications is staggering. Good luck!
All good and well BUT my 1 son who was able to apply with BOA yesterday was not asked to upload any documents. My other 2 sons who used small community bank were able to upload documents like 941, 940 etc. Unless the SBA doesn't want more info. how much you wanna bet my 2 sons get their money faster?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT