ADVERTISEMENT

Best Bagel chains?

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005
On a lighter note, opinions on best bagels at chains? My choice is Brueggers. No doubt that the BEST bagels are at small local restaurants, most in NYC area. Please name some great local ones too. Always looking for a great way to start a day when traveling.

On a lighter note, opinions on best bagels at chains? My choice is Brueggers. No doubt that the BEST bagels are at small local restaurants, most in NYC area. Please name some great local ones too. Always looking for a great way to start a day when traveling.
No national chains. Einstein can eat bag of &$/@!!!

Reactions: majus12 and HJCane
The best bagels are not found in chain restaurants. More like mom-and-pop places.

A classic bagel is smaller (not these big things that you get at the chains).

A classic bagel is also crispy (maybe even medium-well) on the outside and soft on the interior.

{Like our defense}

But I am telling the truth about bagels.

When I went up there with my brother for the Pinstripe Game, I found out what a REAL bagel was.

I just looked up Dylan's. Seems really good. I don't get up their much unless I am going to Two Bills Seafood, but I will try this place.

Seriously, the rugelach are the best I've ever had. Great diner, better bagels, g-d status pastries.

Reactions: HJCane
Brooklyn Bagels about a mile east of 1 95 and Sterling
They use New York water, 100% best bagels in So Florida.
Great chew and texture.
Bruegers also boils their bagels.
Also best deli is Flakowitz’s in Boynton Beach, a REAL Jewish deli, best corned beef EVER!

Sage in Hallandale closed they had the best. Mo's took over, renovated but kept the oven so the bagels are solid. The Mo's in Aventura they are like giant rolls and that's NOT a bagel.

Rosen's Deli in Manhattan is the best that I remember the name of. That is a place the bagel will be always be had with something else amazing. But plenty of little "hole in the wall" deli's in NYC all serve great bagels. I have heard that somehow the water makes a huge difference. Interesting reading about a South Florida shop importing the water. Florida public water is not known to be the best.

Last edited:
Great chew and texture.
Also best deli is Flakowitz’s in Boynton Beach, a REAL Jewish deli, best corned beef EVER!
Eat at Flakowitz my girl works nearby. Amazing.

Reactions: majus12
Great chew and texture.
Brooklyn is pretty good. Went to the one in Coral Springs until they closed it,

Best bagel chew. I had 3 yesterday! Already walked 2 miles this am.
Sooo good, theyre addicting!!
For me, bagels are all about the chew. 100% must be boiled before baked!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT