ADVERTISEMENT

Better way to decide WC games rather than penalties

rocci

SuperCane
Dec 12, 2006
I must give props to tony Adam (ex England defender) for this. Right after 90 minutes, have a penalty shoutout with the winning team getting half a goal. Then play the 30 minutes of extra time. One team will be going all out for the win, and can overcome the loss in the penalty shoutout. Advarkas what do you think about this suggestion? I doubt FIFA would ever be smart enough yo do something like this but I think it would make for a way more interesting extra period and stop one or two players being national goats for missing a penalty to put them out of a World Cup.

Not a bad idea. Especially since to even have a chance to stop a penalty kick the goalie has to guess which way to go. Not a great test of skill.

Doesnt make sense to me. the reason the extra time goes first is to give the teams the chance to win the game the normal way the game is played.

Also, I dont buy into the notion that penalty kicks are not a good way to decide a draw. It exposes the team that has players witnout testicular fortitude. How come no one criticizes the penalty in Hockey??? Same shit. Goalie vs a single player.

I personally like watching the expression in the face of the player. you can see who is wiggin out and likely to miss.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT