ADVERTISEMENT

Burning the Flag

utatem

SuperCane
Dec 28, 2017
Ponte Vedra Beach FL
board_s.gif

Trump wants to criminalize burning the American Flag.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-calls-for-congress-to-take-action-against-lowlifes-who-burn-american-flag/ar-BB15TCR9?ocid=spartandhp

I know its free speech but I still find it appalling ,disgusting and something lowlifes do

The flag isn't supposed to be on beer cans,bathing suits,bumper stickers or any other merchandise. PERIOD! Of course the flag shouldn't be burnt but the reason why its available to be burnt is because it's been capitalized. Cause and effect. If you believe in standing for the flag dont pick and choose how. Treat it as it was supposed to be from the very beginning.

The flag isn't supposed to be on beer cans,bathing suits,bumper stickers or any other merchandise. PERIOD! Of course the flag shouldn't be burnt but the reason why its available to be burnt is because it's been capitalized. Cause and effect. If you believe in standing for the flag dont pick and choose how. Treat it as it was supposed to be from the very beginning.

Agree for the most part. The flag has become commercialized ad nauseum to an extent that it really does lose its unique symbolism.

Agree for the most part. The flag has become commercialized ad nauseum to an extent that it really does lose its unique symbolism.
BUT , I think people wear t- shirts or bathing suits , or caps , etc. because they have pride in America and the flag . Not with any intention at all to demean it I have a cap and a coffee mug with that symbol on it . I fly a Betsy Ross flag on a pole in front of my home - I have for 12 years because of my respect of our history - I will have an American flag draped over my casket when I’m gone as did my father and his father before him . I know the flag has been commercialized but not in a demeaning way

Reactions: 6882
BUT , I think people wear t- shirts or bathing suits , or caps , etc. because they have pride in America and the flag . Not with any intention at all to demean it I have a cap and a coffee mug with that symbol on it . I fly a Betsy Ross flag on a pole in front of my home - I have for 12 years because of my respect of our history - I will have an American flag draped over my casket when I’m gone as did my father and his father before him . I know the flag has been commercialized but not in a demeaning way

My apologies if I'm coming off as a dick but you're exactly what the problem is. It's cool for you to interpret it your way. And that leaves others to interpret as their way. It's only supposed to be one way. The image is not supposed to be reproduced in ANY manner. If you have real pride in the flag you'd honor it as it was intended. And that's why you have it being burned because individuals feel they can modify to their liking. We cant have it both ways. This is one of those all the way right or shut the **** up about it deals,sorry. I'm not doubting your patriotism at all but if you want to bend it others can and will too.

It's a all or nothing deal. We can't let this group monetize it and tell this group they cant burn it. If it was respected as intended by this government we wouldn't have these discussions.

Yes you are coming off like a dick - my dad left his blood and guts in Sicily and was on his back in a hospital for 18 months - my stepdad died in the Air Force , my uncle Andy was shot down over Korea , he is still MIA , my grandfather and I both served as did my son - and you say we are what’s wrong with America - if it wasn’t for people like US there wouldn’t be an America -

Yes you are coming off like a dick - my dad left his blood and guts in Sicily and was on his back in a hospital for 18 months - my stepdad died in the Air Force , my uncle Andy was shot down over Korea , he is still MIA , my grandfather and I both served as did my son - and you say we are what’s wrong with America - if it wasn’t for people like US there wouldn’t be an America -

And you still don't get it. Im a army veteran as well 11 Bravo and many in my family are veterans as well. You're missing the point. If the government didn't allow the flag to be monetized there would be more respect for the flag and less access. You can't allow it to be on shirts,bathing suits and beer cans and expect it to be respected. You open pandoras box when you allow that. Instead of being mad at the idiots burning the flag be mad at the government for disregarding our constitution and making it possible. I thank your ancestors for their service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT