ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron McAdoo

801canesmxer

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2010
This is one of those times that I hate being a technological moron. I'm hoping that one of you smart guys can help a fellow Cane here and post the video of Supercross racer Cameron McAdoo's ugly looking crash from Tuesday night in Atlanta. It will be worth the effort. The race was red flagged while he was being attended to by medics and they had to do a complete restart. McAdoo not only was able to make the restart, he actually ended up 3rd after being in 2nd for most of the race. The toughness of these athletes is truly amazing.

Reactions: krvanness
Much appreciated ellu. Seeing these and having been in some of them over the years is what makes me a lot more cautious on the track at 59 years old. So blessed to have a wife that understands my love for racing and Canes football.
I clock in at the age of 61 and I ride. It might be time to switch over to a Harley 801 ;)

These guys are tough as nails...
They sure are. I've seen quite a few over the years that have finished races with compound fractures in their arms and even legs. Not always of course but the whole mentality of a racer is to get back on the bike and finish. Cameron's crash was during the 250 main event. Earlier in the night during a 450 heat race, Jason Anderson got landed on after a jump and then had to go to the the LCQ race, which he won, and then ended up 3rd in the 450 main.

My dad rode Harley's for most of his life but TBH, I am scared to death of street bikes. Actually it's more a fear of the idiot drivers out there that don't pay attention to motorcycles. Stay safe and enjoy, krvanness.
Yes, you have to be hyper-aware, especially with all of the distractions drivers have(cell phones, etc.). I will tell you I never ride on the interstates, only back roads(which is no guarantee obviously). There are beautiful rides down here in GA. I think you're in Utah, the Gold Standard for beautiful rides...

Yes, you have to be hyper-aware, especially with all of the distractions drivers have(cell phones, etc.). I will tell you I never ride on the interstates, only back roads(which is no guarantee obviously). There are beautiful rides down here in GA. I think you're in Utah, the Gold Standard for beautiful rides...
Yes, lots of pretty places to ride out here in the west. It's also nice that there's an 80mph speed limit on some of the highways here in Utah. :)

Beautiful rides in Colorado. Denver to Aspen via Trailridge parkway is amazing
Yes. Although not on bikes, my wife and I have seen a lot of Colorado in the last few years. So much open land and beautiful scenery throughout the western half of the country.

Reactions: zackbear
My dad rode Harley's for most of his life but TBH, I am scared to death of street bikes. Actually it's more a fear of the idiot drivers out there that don't pay attention to motorcycles. Stay safe and enjoy, krvanness.
Had bikes all my life Harleys, Bourgets but I’ll tell u the most fun I had was when Yamaha came out with the new R-1, OMG
Top end was 195 and as nibble and quick as a cat.
I had it for about 1-1/2 year but the bike was made for the young bucks . Very aggressive stance and at the end of a long ride my joints where frozen... hahaha ..
I could barley get my legs down before I laid the bike down.

Had bikes all my life Harleys, Bourgets but I’ll tell u the most fun I had was when Yamaha came out with the new R-1, OMG
Top end was 195 and as nibble and quick as a cat.
I had it for about 1-1/2 year but the bike was made for the young bucks . Very aggressive stance and at the end of a long ride my joints where frozen... hahaha ..
I could barley get my legs down before I laid the bike down.
There's just something about the freedom when you're on a bike. It doesn't matter if you're on a race track, on the street, in the woods or in the desert. One of my best friends growing up had a 1974 Kawasaki 750 H2. The motor was an absolute beast but the rest of the package was not quite as refined as your R-1. It was the original "Widowmaker." I was on the back going down Sheridan St towards the beach one night and we were doing 80 when he decided to ride a wheelie over the drawbridge. I never got on the back again after that night.

Reactions: majus12
Tough week for Cameron. Despite the short turnaround from Tuesday's crash, he was looking good in practice today until another ugly crash flung him about 25 feet while twisting and flipping. He qualified for the main in his heat race and was in 5th on the first lap of the main when another rider's rear wheel landed on his shoulder after a jump. The race was red flagged for a separate crash. After the restart a rider fell right in front of him with nowhere for him to go but down. Later in the race a rider took a bad angle into a corner and took him out hard. After all that, he still managed a 13th place in the main. Cameron McAdoo is one tough dude.

ADVERTISEMENT