ADVERTISEMENT

Campus Reform went to Georgetown Univ. to ask about Memorial Day

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Guess I shouldn't be shocked at the answers but never ceases to anger me the decline of our youth in this country. The degradation of American pride. The absence of understanding sacrifice for our freedoms.
The question was a simple one; Do you know why we celebrate Memorial Day?
One student had no idea and said " does it have something to do with Veterans?"
One student cursed and said " It represents American Imperialism" and added that he never knew about this until he took a GENDER Studies course in College.

I would remind all of you that these students attend one of the most prestigious private Universities in the country Georgetown located in Washington DC.
Forgetting about the University for a minute, what kind of Parents did these losers have? What kind of upbringing did they have?

They should all have to go spend 3 days with the Military and maybe they would learn something.

We are in deep decline in this Country and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Harry USN 79-85

Guess I shouldn't be shocked at the answers but never ceases to anger me the decline of our youth in this country. The degradation of American pride. The absence of understanding sacrifice for our freedoms.
One student cursed and said " It represents American Imperialism" and added that he never knew about this until he took a GENDER Studies course in College.

I would remind all of you that these students attend one of the most prestigious private Universities in the country Georgetown located in Washington DC.
Forgetting about the University for a minute, what kind of Parents did these losers have? What kind of upbringing did they have?

They should all have to go spend 3 days with the Military and maybe they would learn something.

Harry USN 79-85
A couple years ago, this would be considered so outrageous, but in a post Covid world, is it really to much to wonder? "Is this the beginning of an effort to change the longstanding traditions and meaning of Memorial Day"? Have noticed a lot of coordinate messaging to promote a change to new things to be memorialized.

A couple years ago, this would be considered so outrageous, but in a post Covid world, is it really to much to wonder? "Is this the beginning of an effort to change the longstanding traditions and meaning of Memorial Day"? Have noticed a lot of coordinate messaging to promote a change to new things to be memorialized.
Nothing to do with Covid man

By post Covid, I meant Covid is being used as an excuse for a lot of things that have nothing to do with Covid. During Covid a lot of freedom's I thought sacred were allowed to be taken away easily.

Harry USN 79-85
It's extremely disheartening. Glad I'm in the 4th quarter of life and will not see just how low America will devolve to.

Reactions: BreakingCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT