ADVERTISEMENT

CNN Blacks, Latins, and the Vaccine

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Flipped thru CNN tonight on TV. Usual panel of 3 with the headline beneath " Black and Latinos fall behind in getting vaccine" it was something close to that and that was the discussion. Now I admit I can not speak for all States and I understand some states are doing better at vaccination then others so I can only speak to So. Florida. How can that statement / topic possibly be true? Why is everything race with CNN? The methods for 65 and older in Broward and Dade county have been text, emailed, in the newspaper, on the local news etc. How can it be that an older black or latin can't make an appointment just like say an older white person? It can't be is the answer. It's utter nonsense. When you make your appointment are they asking your skin color? Of course not. CNN always race and I think it is a big part of the problem in this country because people believe this crap.

Flipped thru CNN tonight on TV. Usual panel of 3 with the headline beneath " Black and Latinos fall behind in getting vaccine" it was something close to that and that was the discussion. Now I admit I can not speak for all States and I understand some states are doing better at vaccination then others so I can only speak to So. Florida. How can that statement / topic possibly be true? Why is everything race with CNN? The methods for 65 and older in Broward and Dade county have been text, emailed, in the newspaper, on the local news etc. How can it be that an older black or latin can't make an appointment just like say an older white person? It can't be is the answer. It's utter nonsense. When you make your appointment are they asking your skin color? Of course not. CNN always race and I think it is a big part of the problem in this country because people believe this crap.

Maybe some people just don't trust Fauci, Coumo, Whitmer, Newsome, etc?

Maybe some people just don't trust Fauci, Coumo, Whitmer, Newsome, etc?
Lord Anthony Sebastian Fauci is the highest paid Government Employee, clocking in at $417,608/yr. This underscores his dictate on March 08 where he said on 60 Minutes, "there's no reason for anyone to be walking around wearing a mask." Sage advice that I've followed since this circus began. He's earned every penny. A great man...

I don’t know why anyone is getting this vaccine. That second shot is atrocious. At my wife’s hospital they had 7 staff call out yesterday after getting the 2nd dose this week. Fevers of 102+, can’t get out of bed for 2 or 3 days, nauseous, dizzy and faint.

For anyone under 55 and healthy the vaccine symptoms are the same if not worse than a mild case of Covid.

Reactions: krvanness

In one breath you ask "how can that be true" and then in the next, you explain why you, without any research, find it disagreeable and therefore untrue.

There is a discrepancy. I'm literally on the front line with my frat and with the 100 Black Men of South Florida through ventures in Dade Broward and Palm Beach trying to raise awareness and get needles in arms. Education, transportation and opportunity all play factors.

Sometimes their are differences, if you don't recognize the cultural hurdles than you can never recognize the way to push past them.

IDGAF about CNN, they are not in these streets trying to save lives, but I am.

I don’t know why anyone is getting this vaccine. That second shot is atrocious. At my wife’s hospital they had 7 staff call out yesterday after getting the 2nd dose this week. Fevers of 102+, can’t get out of bed for 2 or 3 days, nauseous, dizzy and faint.

For anyone under 55 and healthy the vaccine symptoms are the same if not worse than a mild case of Covid.
Same thing can happen with shingles vaccine doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get it once over 50 years older. I know numerous friends who are doctors and non doctors who received both doses just fine and I know a few who didn’t feel good for a day big deal get the shot so we can get past this crap

In one breath you ask "how can that be true" and then in the next, you explain why you, without any research, find it disagreeable and therefore untrue.

There is a discrepancy. I'm literally on the front line with my frat and with the 100 Black Men of South Florida through ventures in Dade Broward and Palm Beach trying to raise awareness and get needles in arms. Education, transportation and opportunity all play factors.

Sometimes their are differences, if you don't recognize the cultural hurdles than you can never recognize the way to push past them.

Educate me. I’m serious bro. I raise 2 issues in post I think. First why is race brought into every issue by left wing media particularly CNN and 2nd how can it be true that older black and Latin people either don’t know how it are incapable of securing an appointment for their vaccine just like anyone else? I’m not buying it. Again I readily admit not all states are doing this vaccine equally efficient. Are they saying states aren’t vaccinating these folks because of color? Are they saying these people don’t have what it takes to make an appointment and show up? Are they saying that these people just don’t care about their health like white people? WTF are they saying you try to tell me. These are not my words I am only asking based on the small CNN piece I caught

I for one am getting it and have heard somewhat similar stories from my sister in law that manages nursing homes in new jersey. What she told me was that the older people aren’t getting the more severe reactions and that it’s the more 25-55 yr age range. She said what they’re being told is that it’s healthy immune systems doing their job and trying to basically cope with a new agent if you will and not a bad thing. She also said that it typically only lasts 24 hours and then just like that you feel good again. If your like me and basically the go to for your at risk parents, it’s a no brainer. I’ve also been told that as the strain mutates that there’s still an underlining agent that’s consistent with the virus and that even with the vaccine you can still possibly get it but that the effects won’t be nearly as severe. Similar to a flew a shot.

Hey at least cnn took their practically 24/7 death score board off. Weird... imagine that. What timing, ya know?

I for one am getting it and have heard somewhat similar stories from my sister in law that manages nursing homes in new jersey. What she told me was that the older people aren’t getting the more severe reactions and that it’s the more 25-55 yr age range. She said what they’re being told is that it’s healthy immune systems doing their job and trying to basically cope with a new agent if you will and not a bad thing. She also said that it typically only lasts 24 hours and then just like that you feel good again. If your like me and basically the go to for your at risk parents, it’s a no brainer. I’ve also been told that as the strain mutates that there’s still an underlining agent that’s consistent with the virus and that even with the vaccine you can still possibly get it but that the effects won’t be nearly as severe. Similar to a flew a shot.
And the shingles vaccine. Widely known you might not feel good for a day or 2 after dose 1 or 2 of that vaccine. Big deal it's better than getting shingles

Reactions: 6882
Same thing can happen with shingles vaccine doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get it once over 50 years older. I know numerous friends who are doctors and non doctors who received both doses just fine and I know a few who didn’t feel good for a day big deal get the shot so we can get past this crap

You can say the same thing about covid, no? I know numerous friends, including myself, who have had covid and had no issues, some who didn't feel good for a day, and one or two who were laid up for 3 days. Big deal, just open up (which FL did) and get past this crap.

The vaccine is a goalpost. Just like 2 weeks to stop the spread turned in 1 year+ in a lot of places, just like school and business closures were temporary, just like masks were temporary. The covid industrial complex is too big. This country spends $1b on testing every single week. Do you think these companies and politicians who are profiting are just going to give that up?

Last edited:

I want to think through this statement a bit. Someone 25-55, whose risk of dying from covid is basically 0, is getting hit with the same level of symptoms as a covid infection would typically cause. I may or may not get covid (I already have), but I have a choice on whether I get the vaccine or not (I will not).

This idea that the "better the immune response is how you can tell it's working" is absolute bananas. If we are to believe that as fact then the lack of immune response in the elderly means the vaccine doesn't work in them, which the entire point is to protect the elderly.

Also, the stated efficacy and clinical trials done to approve the vaccine were to reduce symptoms and hospitalizations not to prevent the spread. So getting vaccinated does nothing to protect others as no evidence exists that vaccines stop the spread.

You can say the same thing about covid, no? I know numerous friends, including myself, who have had covid and had no issues, some who didn't feel good for a day, and one or two who were laid up for 3 days. Big deal, just open up (which FL did) and get past this crap.

The vaccine is a goalpost. Just like 2 weeks to stop the spread turned in 1 year+ in a lot of places, just like school and business closures were temporary, just like masks were temporary. The covid industrial complex is too big. This country spends $1b on testing every single week. Do you think these companies and politicians who are profiting are just going to give that up?
No. Nor should they it's a public health crisis. Not the 1st and won't b the last.

Pretty sure the Moderna shot killed my cousin Greg last month. He was a dentist in Kansas City & in fairly good shape minus A -fib which hasn’t given him any issues & they found it during a physical. He got the shot & didn’t know a rate side effect is tachycardia. 2 weeks later he passed out right in front of his wife and stopped breathing. The brought him back in the ambulance but at this point he has significant brain damage. They kept him on a machine for a few days so the family could get there and say goodbye. My uncle and aunt are devastated. By the way my uncle is a diehard Democrat and also got the shot. Was a member of the beltway clicks for decades. Was a bigwig with NASA for 30+ years.

Pretty sure the Moderna shot killed my cousin Greg last month. He was a dentist in Kansas City & in fairly good shape minus A -fib which hasn’t given him any issues & they found it during a physical. He got the shot & didn’t know a rate side effect is tachycardia. 2 weeks later he passed out right in front of his wife and stopped breathing. The brought him back in the ambulance but at this point he has significant brain damage. They kept him on a machine for a few days so the family could get there and say goodbye. My uncle and aunt are devastated. By the way my uncle is a diehard Democrat and also got the shot. Was a member of the beltway clicks for decades. Was a bigwig with NASA for 30+ years.

Sorry to hear that. One day we will look back on this time and realize how screwed up “public health” is.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1

I can it's haves against have nots

It is one thing to say that there are groups of people that for some host of reasons has not been vaccinated at the the same rate as some other group of people... that doesn’t make it a race issue (as the networks and some others have implied) adults have an inherent right to make decisions for themselves (and live with the consequences of their actions) its called FREEDOM, if older blacks and Latinos aren’t getting vaccinated because they don’t trust it... then they should educate themselves or live with the consequences...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT