ADVERTISEMENT

Condo collapse in Miami Beach

central17

SuperCane
Jan 31, 2005

Have spoken with several people who are wondering why terrorism is not being discussed? Pictures look far worse than the damage that would be caused by even a hurricane or earthquake. They are very similar to the look of mideast terror attacks.
Whatever the truth, prayers that they are able to rescue as many as possible and that maybe in the summer that many residents were not there. It is a horrible look.

Last edited:
Wow, terrible situation. No reports out yet or anyone talking terrorism. Could be a common problem with older buildings on the water that are not maintained. It's called "Spalling". It's where water gets into the cement and rots out the rebar weaking the cement. When that happens chunks of cement can come off a building. This collapse may or may not be something like that but it seems like a structural collapse. I have had to repair the spalling in an investment I had in a building which is an extremely expensive process. It can cause condemnation if left unrepaired.
What caused this disaster should be revealed soon enough.

Reactions: zackbear

Watch this survellance video. MSM is not showing this. Looks like a planned implosion.
If this video is accurate. Not trying to send inaccurate information if this is not the truth. Does anyone in the area if this is the area it happened?

Watch this survellance video. MSM is not showing this. Looks like a planned implosion.
If this video is accurate. Not trying to send inaccurate information if this is not the truth. Does anyone in the area if this is the area it happened?
Wow. You can see some lights on in the building on the right in a unit close to the top that shut off just before it goes down.
I can't imagine living through that...

Have spoken with several people who are wondering why terrorism is not being discussed? Pictures look far worse than the damage that would be caused by even a hurricane or earthquake. They are very similar to the look of mideast terror attacks.
Whatever the truth, prayers that they are able to rescue as many as possible and that maybe in the summer that many residents were not there. It is a horrible look.
Not saying I agree with the speculation but lots of orthodox Jews there

I don’t think it’s terrorism, I’m strongly leaning towards negligence. It may take awhile to find out, but I have a strong suspicion that signs may have been ignored, or not taken seriously. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: Allied2651
I've lived here my whole life. If I take you on a tour of the underground parking garage of ANY of those 1980s bldgs along A1A, you would know why it collapsed. And there will be more.

Unfortunately, my suspicions were right. For that to happen due to Spalling, inspectors had to have had their head up their ass not to see the Spalling. It borders on criminal in my opinion. It had to have been a twenty year problem. Terrible

Unfortunately, my suspicions were right. For that to happen due to Spalling, inspectors had to have had their head up their ass not to see the Spalling. It borders on criminal in my opinion. It had to have been a twenty year problem. Terrible

The building had been described as "unstable" in 2019 and there were numerous inspection reports identifying spalling and cracking in support columns since 2018. It appears that the HOA was dragging their feet due to the uncertain nature of repairs and uncertain cost. It also appears that the HOA was finally taking action and engineering evaluations were in process to determine the extent of required repairs .. only too late. I would imagine now that the Federal Government is involved with a team on site to investigate causes .. that new policies will be put in place that will require corrective actions to be initiated within a defined period after discovery .. and the current "40 year recertification' timeline will most likely be modified. This case will be one of nasty litigation.

I worked for a year on a renovation crew for a high-rise condo on Padre Island, Tx. I wondered then about the stability of a building of that size sitting so close to the surf. The building had been severely damaged by wind and flooding during a hurricane, thus the need for renovation. It had recently been purchased by Holiday Inn and had also needed to be renovated to their specifications. That was like 25 yrs, ago and the building is still standing and seems to be maintaining well. One of the best jobs I've ever had as I got to visit the Tiki bar everyday after work with lots of cuties hanging around in revealing bikinis. The place was open for business during the renovation.

Last edited:
Reactions: krvanness
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT