ADVERTISEMENT

Corporations to pay "their fair share" so stupid and people buy the BS

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Trump lowered the C corporation tax rate as an incentive for C corporations to open and stay in America. It started to have a positive effect as we were no longer in the highest tax rate bracket of industrialized nations. Ireland is 11% I believe as an example. Corporations that are large generate TONS of taxes everyday to Local, State, and Federal Governments. They employ thousands and thousands of workers who pay taxes. The LIE and the BS is very simple. Corporations JUST LIKE EVERY SMART PERSON in this Country take advantage of the current tax codes / laws on the books. Who WROTE / WRITES these Tax Codes? CONGRESS does. Congress passes these laws and then they cry that the VERY TAX CODES that they put in place, ARE USED to lower taxes. It's such BS. It's so disingenuous.

Every year I do my taxes I work with my CPA to take advantage of every LEGAL way to lower my final tax bill. Every SMART person on here should be doing the same. The LAWS were written just for that purpose. Don't come on TV and talk about "FAIR SHARE" while keeping loopholes in the laws. It's just more BS by politicians.

Trump lowered the C corporation tax rate as an incentive for C corporations to open and stay in America. It started to have a positive effect as we were no longer in the highest tax rate bracket of industrialized nations. Ireland is 11% I believe as an example. Corporations that are large generate TONS of taxes everyday to Local, State, and Federal Governments. They employ thousands and thousands of workers who pay taxes. The LIE and the BS is very simple. Corporations JUST LIKE EVERY SMART PERSON in this Country take advantage of the current tax codes / laws on the books. Who WROTE / WRITES these Tax Codes? CONGRESS does. Congress passes these laws and then they cry that the VERY TAX CODES that they put in place, ARE USED to lower taxes. It's such BS. It's so disingenuous.

Every year I do my taxes I work with my CPA to take advantage of every LEGAL way to lower my final tax bill. Every SMART person on here should be doing the same. The LAWS were written just for that purpose. Don't come on TV and talk about "FAIR SHARE" while keeping loopholes in the laws. It's just more BS by politicians.

Agreed. The loopholes need to go. And yes they do need to pay their share. I work in the US and pay my share of federal income tax. Why should Nike or FedEx or Amazon pay $0? They do business in the US they should pay a fair tax rate. Agreed?

For the most part when you raise taxes on big businesses they don’t pay them, we do as consumers they pass the cost onto us.

For the most part when you raise taxes on big businesses they don’t pay them, we do as consumers they pass the cost onto us.
Agree in general. But I must admit that Lou97 raises a good point about loopholes. For Nike, Fedex or Amazon to be able to pay $0.00 means there are some very skillfully written loopholes in place that the political class was bribed to agree to.

A discussion about a reduction of rates and loopholes is in order. The Biden rhetoric of making the big corporations pay there fair share is BS and Joe knows it. Why are so many big corporations HQ'd in Deleware? Because Biden championed loopholes big enough to fly a squadron of C-135's through. Now he pretends to support the working class, but he and the politically well connected big corporations know they will still pay little or nothing whatever the published tax rate is.

Agree in general. But I must admit that Lou97 raises a good point about loopholes. For Nike, Fedex or Amazon to be able to pay $0.00 means there are some very skillfully written loopholes in place that the political class was bribed to agree to.

A discussion about a reduction of rates and loopholes is in order. The Biden rhetoric of making the big corporations pay there fair share is BS and Joe knows it. Why are so many big corporations HQ'd in Deleware? Because Biden championed loopholes big enough to fly a squadron of C-135's through. Now he pretends to support the working class, but he and the politically well connected big corporations know they will still pay little or nothing whatever the published tax rate is.

Correct, the money they save gets laundered back to the democrat party, and the democrats mercilessly pound small business regulations Just look how democrats treated big businesses compared to small during Covid.

Agreed. The loopholes need to go. And yes they do need to pay their share. I work in the US and pay my share of federal income tax. Why should Nike or FedEx or Amazon pay $0? They do business in the US they should pay a fair tax rate. Agreed?
I do agree. I'm simply pointing out the facts;
1) Congress including Biden and all the rest wrote these laws with all these loopholes
2) It is NOT true that these corporations don't pay tax. They pay tons of taxes of every kind as do their employees and shareholders who derive income from the corporation
3) The corporations do exactly what you and I do which is take advantage of the LEGAL tax codes as written

Every loophole doesn't need to go as some are incentive based to allow for future growth or more hiring etc. but other loopholes could be tightened up.

Reactions: central17 and 6882
This is true. Every cost is factored when pricing the products.

Reactions: grbcane

But they don't pay 0.00 ZERO. They generate BILLIONS of every kind of tax you can imagine. State, local, federal, property etc............If their year end tax bill is zero it's because of loopholes and it's the tax code not the tax rate. The tax rate with the same loopholes will result in the same year end bill ZERO.

I think we got into this problem is people believing in their heads everyone should be lowering their tax burden as just a practice to try to eliminate taxes and expecting there to be no debt, and expecting the country to pay our bills.

This is not complicated. Someone has to pay taxes. There is a "fair share" and this idea we need to keep companies here is just a lame excuse to not pay your tax burden. If companies want to go overseas then so be it. That isn't going to change what our tax burden is going to be on a regular basis.

It's interesting that you would want to look at what other countries are doing in order to justify companies not paying their tax burden but you don't want to look at what other countries are doing otherwise. Other countries don't have health insurance tied to their employment either. Other countries have universal healthcare. Other countries have gun control. Other counties are doing a lot of things but the only things they are doing that matter are justifying you not having to pay your taxes? Miss me with it.

1) Congress including Biden and all the rest wrote these laws with all these loopholes
2) It is NOT true that these corporations don't pay tax. They pay tons of taxes of every kind as do their employees and shareholders who derive income from the corporation
3) The corporations do exactly what you and I do which is take advantage of the LEGAL tax codes as written

Every loophole doesn't need to go as some are incentive based to allow for future growth or more hiring etc. but other loopholes could be tightened up.

Did not say what they were doing was illegal. That's the problem. We have a tax code that allows our biggest and most profitable corporations to pay no federal income tax. We pay on every single dollar we take in. They should pay a fair tax rate on their profits. And I never said they pay no taxes at all. Specifically I said federal income tax.

Did not say what they were doing was illegal. That's the problem. We have a tax code that allows our biggest and most profitable corporations to pay no federal income tax. We pay on every single dollar we take in. They should pay a fair tax rate on their profits. And I never said they pay no taxes at all. Specifically I said federal income tax.
Bidens speech was very popular because this words...."FAIR SHARE". This is the part conservatives just hate because we know this is just a handout these loopholes.....and God forbid anyone gets handouts that aren't conservatives. It's a ridiculous narrative. This old Reagan ideal that just put the tax burden on the rest of us who have a moral compass. Those who do not will find the loop holes while the rich should be off limits because they are going to provide handouts to the rest of us. It's stupid.

The jig is up! This just doesn't work. It puts us trillions in debt and we have bills to pay. This country is 27th in education. We need to step it up. Compete with other countries as Biden said. Not each other. That's silly. We brought the internet to the world with government funding and our internet sucks in this country compared to the eastern world. It should be free too....and so should a decent education. Conservatives love this 18th century idea of the haves and the have nots. I got mine so go get yours....or you are just lazy. It's time for everyone to pay their FAIR SHARE! Stop living off the tit of the government. The one thing I completely agree with conservatives about except it is them living off the government while they complain the rest of us are.

Don't waste your keystrokes HJ. "These People" will never get it. That's why they're "These People".

I think we got into this problem is people believing in their heads everyone should be lowering their tax burden as just a practice to try to eliminate taxes and expecting there to be no debt, and expecting the country to pay our bills.
This is not complicated. Someone has to pay taxes. There is a "fair share" and this idea we need to keep companies here is just a lame excuse to not pay your tax burden. If companies want to go overseas then so be it. That isn't going to change what our tax burden is going to be on a regular basis.
It's interesting that you would want to look at what other countries are doing in order to justify companies not paying their tax burden but you don't want to look at what other countries are doing otherwise. Other countries don't have health insurance tied to their employment either. Other countries have universal healthcare. Other countries have gun control. Other counties are doing a lot of things but the only things they are doing that matter are justifying you not having to pay your taxes? Miss me with it.

Bingo! It doesn’t take a scientist to figure out this stuff works! Yet when the dems have a cult like following of lap sitting trained dumbasses, they lap it all up and ask for more.

And who writes these laws? And who was in Congress 47 years? And who knows this truth yet makes a speech as if he doesn't? And who knows that these corporations do in fact pay TONS of taxes? That's called dishonesty by any rational person.

Reactions: 6882 and lysmaryj
Watch this video and you will learn how it works. All these laws and incentives are on the books and written by both parties R and D's.

Bidens speech was very popular because this words...."FAIR SHARE". This is the part conservatives just hate because we know this is just a handout these loopholes.....and God forbid anyone gets handouts that aren't conservatives. It's a ridiculous narrative. This old Reagan ideal that just put the tax burden on the rest of us who have a moral compass. Those who do not will find the loop holes while the rich should be off limits because they are going to provide handouts to the rest of us. It's stupid.

The jig is up! This just doesn't work. It puts us trillions in debt and we have bills to pay. This country is 27th in education. We need to step it up. Compete with other countries as Biden said. Not each other. That's silly. We brought the internet to the world with government funding and our internet sucks in this country compared to the eastern world. It should be free too....and so should a decent education. Conservatives love this 18th century idea of the haves and the have nots. I got mine so go get yours....or you are just lazy. It's time for everyone to pay their FAIR SHARE! Stop living off the tit of the government. The one thing I completely agree with conservatives about except it is them living off the government while they complain the rest of us are.
CD the LOOPHOLES were put into law by Congress and by both parties. Stop with your BS. We are trillions in debt for 1 very simple reason. We spend more than we take in and we NEVER CUT SPENDING.

Reactions: grbcane and dolcane

The internet was brought to the world by the Defense Dept as a means of protecting our country

Reactions: central17
In the nation's capitol, DC when we go to war there's endless amounts of $$$$
Tax breaks for billionaires, the 1% There endless amounts of $$$$$
Corporate wellfare??? Endless amounts of $$$$
When kids go hungry in this country, suddenly there is NO $$$$
Thats bull crap

Thats bull cr
How old are you?

• Haha
Reactions: lysmaryj

As they where bitching about Trump paying a low tax rate as you and I would do , its call using the tax codes in order to give uncle sam less and u & I more..

And the same SOB crying are doing the same thing...

Reactions: HJCane
Thats bull crap
WTF r u talking about... Bro get off the pine apple juice ...

Reactions: lysmaryj
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT