ADVERTISEMENT

Cortez, drinking your Chard right now.

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
Congrats man, stuff is awesome! Credit where it’s due, it’s impressive. Drinks like there’s a lot more age to it than there really is. Pretty dark in color, lot of oak, lot of malo but great acidity and kind of a subtle old world funky finish that helps compliment the lemon, mild grape fruit, hay characteristics that we come to love in new world chards. Much bigger body and darker color than I was expecting from a 17 Sonoma. About to pair it with a seasoned sautéed Chilean sea bass over boursin whipped potato with spinach and parmesan, lemon cream sauce. I know it’s a white but it’s big enough that i wouldn’t be surprised if this chard actually opens up a little. Complexities are definitely allowing them selves to show more as the temp of the wine is dropping as well. Thanks again for the gift.

It’s a lot of time in new french oak isn’t it? Just keeps getting better the more i drink it. I shared it with three other people and the consensus was all positive. Just gave the last 6 oz to two of my servers. One said, “this is dangerously good”. The other said, “how old is this?”

Last edited:
Thanks very much 6882.

Our Chards spend 12-14 months on oak (50% new French). We release 24 months after harvest. Fans of the wine often call it the White wine loved by Red wine drinkers. I love it with lobster

My wife is sad because we have sold every bottle we have made since 2008. It’s her favorite. Just sold out the 2017. Next vintage will be released in September. Just bottled it 2 Weeks ago.

Thanks again. 🙌

See www.silverpointcellars.com. If you’re interested after looking at the site, DM or email me for pricing and shipping details. Ironically, I shipped some Red Wine just this morning to another Cane fan on this site who lives in Texas.

Thanks very much 6882.

Our Chards spend 12-14 months on oak (50% new French). We release 24 months after harvest. Fans of the wine often call it the White wine loved by Red wine drinkers. I love it with lobster

My wife is sad because we have sold every bottle we have made since 2008. It’s her favorite. Just sold out the 2017. Next vintage will be released in September. Just bottled it 2 Weeks ago.

Thanks again. 🙌
Congrats man! I don’t drink but sounds like you have a great product. I may order some for the wife.

Reactions: cortez55403
Congrats man! I don’t drink but sounds like you have a great product. I may order some for the wife.

Thanks very much, Cash. New Chardonnay will be available in September. All sold out for now. For Red, I have a bit and actually shipped some this morning to a poster on this site.

🍷🍷

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT