ADVERTISEMENT

COVID 19 vaccinations should not be an option for the

Data has PROVEN that vaccinated people still get infected and spread infection. THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN. The only difference is that vaccinated people seem to have less severe symptoms. That's it. Nothing more.

The myth that vaccinated people arent getting infected or spreading infection IS 100% FALSE. It cannot be argued against... the virus is still infecting vaccinated people, just not as bad.

So, again, I ask for the 18th-hundred-thousandth-time... WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?

If the data proved that vaccinated people were not getting sick or spreading the virus then me and hundreds of millions of people would absolutely LINE UP to get the shot so we could go back to normal. Unfortunately, the data proves otherwise. I wish it were different... but it isnt.

You're inventing an alternate reality that doesn't exist.

Here are the facts according to the CDC.
  • As of last week 166 million Americans were vaccinated.
  • Of the 166m, approximately 8,000 people were either hospitalized or died
  • That equals 0.004819277% of breakthrough cases getting very sick or dying, which is a very good number
  • For every 100 Covid cases in the U.S., only about 2 are in fully vaccinated people (again a very good number)
  • The rise of Covid-related hospitalizations is being driven by unvaccinated or not-yet-fully-vaccinated people
  • Vaccines do work - at a high level of effectiveness

Last edited:

• That equals 0.004819277% of breakthrough cases getting very sick or dying, which is a very good number
  • For every 100 Covid cases in the U.S., only about 2 are in fully vaccinated people (again a very good number)
  • The rise of Covid-related hospitalizations is being driven by unvaccinated or not-yet-fully-vaccinated people
You are correct vaccines reduce total infections, hospitalizations , severe illness and death . Period
But that doesn’t address Gary’s comments and the original post here which apparently advocates vaccine mandates to engage in normal functions of society, including attendance at Cane football games . Covid is bad . Vaccines are good
My wife is vehemently opposed to vaccines. Cant reason with her not would I think to force her . At her age and health, it’s likely that Covid would not be severe , but it’s her decision, not mine

Reactions: Raoul2
You are correct vaccines reduce total infections, hospitalizations , severe illness and death . Period
But that doesn’t address Gary’s comments and the original post here which apparently advocates vaccine mandates to engage in normal functions of society, including attendance at Cane football games . Covid is bad . Vaccines are good
My wife is vehemently opposed to vaccines. Cant reason with her not would I think to force her . At her age and health, it’s likely that Covid would not be severe , but it’s her decision, not mine
I am not advocating mandates
I believe in personal choice
In this case, I dont understand why anyone would make the personal choice to not get vaccinated for their personal health as well as the health of those around them

Reactions: canes007
Rough day on Saturday. One of my wife's best friends, who along with the two (18 and 20) kids got vaccinated, husband did not. He was strictly anti vax. He caught covid-19 in the office and infected everyone in the house. He died on Saturday after a week in ICU. Everyone else at home was fine, not even a runny nose. Spent the weekend trying to console them.
Prayers to them

Vaccines do work in the grand scheme of things (especially if you fall into the primary categories for covid), but so does context. And out of those unvaccinated, how many of them have pre-existing conditions (immune compromised), how old are they? All this stuff matters. It matters because there's a difference between dying WITH covid vs dying FROM covid. And when it comes to diseases, everyone's body is different with the way it reacts. So context matters just as much.

These numbers are very liberal in the way they report them. The CDC even had to walk back the number of cases they claimed the State of Florida had for an increase where they combined 2 to 3 days of cases into one day. Someone caught that and they had to change it. Not to mention when you see things on the news like what I saw last week where it said 'teenager in the ICU with covid". That's what you call sensationalizing. The teen went in the ICU for something completely unrelated to covid, got tested for covid (because its now standard in hospitals) and completely ignored her original intent for going into the ICU and label her a covid case because she was positive (asymptomatic). The news station made it seem she went in there because of covid. That is misleading the general public. So pay very close attention to what you're being told and do your OWN research.

If you don't watch the media you're uninformed, if you watch the media you're misinformed.

Reactions: grbcane
In this case, I dont understand why anyone would make the personal choice to not get vaccinated for their personal health as well as the health of those around them
Then we are on the same page .

The choice to not vaccinate is not rational. I’m thinking of sneaking a booster myself. My wife ?
who said she’s rational

Mr. Ferman...

This thread has turned into something that belongs in The Lounge, where certain posters on this site (who shall remain nameless, but most know who they are) can continue to fan the hysteria flames like this. The War Room is not the place for these kinds of discussions. My final thoughts on this before it is moved:

You stated... "if everyone would just get vaccinated, cases would drop exponentially, there would not be as many people walking around spreading the virus..."

But that statement is not true, unfortunately.

Data has PROVEN that vaccinated people still get infected and spread infection. THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN. The only difference is that vaccinated people seem to have less severe symptoms. That's it. Nothing more.

The myth that vaccinated people arent getting infected or spreading infection IS 100% FALSE. It cannot be argued against... the virus is still infecting vaccinated people, just not as bad.

So, again, I ask for the 18th-hundred-thousandth-time... WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?

If the data proved that vaccinated people were not getting sick or spreading the virus then me and hundreds of millions of people would absolutely LINE UP to get the shot so we could go back to normal. Unfortunately, the data proves otherwise. I wish it were different... but it isnt.

So get vaccinated, or dont get vaccinated. IT WILL NOT MATTER because this virus is here to stay, just like The Flu. In January, we were told that since the vaccines are now available, we will be able to lift restrictions, social distancing, mask mandates, quarantines and go back to normal once 60-70% of the population got vaccinated.

Now, they want to move the goal posts yet again.

We're regressing, even with the vaccines because the awful truth is, the vaccines ARE NOT effective at preventing infection or spread. Merely for lessening the symptoms.

What happens if/when every man, woman and child have gotten their vaccination here in America, and the virus STILL affects our everyday lives? When we STILL have to wear masks? When we STILL have to get yearly vaccines? when we still have to show our vaccine passports to be admitted into a restaurant or gym or football game?

How much further will they move the goalposts yet again... in the name of "health and safety" at that point?

How much more of our freedom and civil liberties will we have to surrender?

Yeah... this is as political of an issue as there has EVER been in my lifetime. And unfortunately, its just getting started.
Every pandemic in the past was brought under control through vaccination! Covid will be no exception! The current vaccine was developed in record-setting time and will be modified to increase efficiency.

Last edited:
Gary, with all due respect you are wrong on two fronts. 1, the assumption that if everyone were to get vaccinated cases would drop exponentially. How does it make any sense scientific wise for an entire population to be vaccinated in order to kill a virus? This logic makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It should be those who are immune and those who are unimmune. A large portion of our population has recovered from covid, over 100 million people to be exact. That's over a 100 million people who have natural immunity. Why is this being ignored is the question we should be asking.

And lastly, cloth mask protect you from absolutely NOTHING, nada, zilch. Only the N95 and K95 protect you the most from aerosol droplets up to 95%. Anything else is null. There's just no data to support wearing a non N95 mask for covid and encouraging people to wear cloth mask is extremely reckless and dangerous. Not saying that is your intent.
Sorry pal. The vaccine doesn't exclude you from getting sick from Covid. I wish it did, and yes I recommend getting vaccinated, because if you don't you will probably will get Covid . I already had it, and apparently natural immunity is as effective as a vaccine......Of course, nobody knows how long , so I got the vaccinated also. Nothing should be made mandatory . This isn't Communist Cuba. Although many Countries will do exactly what you are saying. So, if you an airline pilot like I am, you will probably have to get it at some point if you want to fly to certain Countries. I fly to Brasil and Colombia. I had to get a yellow fever shot to fly to Colombia from Brasil. Did I want to get it? No I did not. I reluctantly did, because I like my job............We need to move on from Covid, it's here to stay for some time , and is another risk of life . I wear a seat belt, but it doesn't guarantee my safety, or others as well. I step in a mechanical bird for work everyday and never think twice, and there has been a lot of of good people killed flying in airplanes. Why are we still flying them when they're so dangerous? I tell you why? Because when you look at statistical analysis , your chance of being killed in an airplane is far less than any other form of transportation? Look at the statistics for Covid and the mortality rate? You are comparing COVID to Polio? Really? Grow some balls and stop watching CNN. I got news for you, we are all going to die of something. Later rather than sooner I hope, but letting a virus dictate peoples lives? A virus that has a 99 percent survivability ??? GTFOH..........
I never knew you were a pilot. I have a question. I was told that, depending on lots of variables like wind, takeoff weight, etc,, that sometimes the elevator does not even need to be deflected upon rotation for the aircraft to take off. Is this true?

Because those of us choosing not to get vaccinated do not feel we need the vaccine to live and we don't feel we're affecting the health of those around us. And, believe it or not, there are Board Certified Physicians who don't buy into this vaccine. Heaven help the young people growing up in this absurd time.

Reactions: grbcane
Every pandemic in the past was brought under control through vaccination! Covid will be no exception! The current vaccine was developed in record-setting time and will be modified to increase efficiency.

200.gif

I mean... I suppose I don't know much of anything then.

Perhaps I am as shot out of this world as some other on this board.

I have eyes though... and a brain that functions. I read the statistical data and it shows that vaccinated people are catching Covid and spreading Covid right now at this very moment.

So... the vaccines that were supposed to eradicate the virus, are not working.

But now... the goal posts have been moved... and if EVERYONE got vaccinated... every man, woman and child got their shot... we would eradicate the virus?

But we would still catch and spread it... regularly. And the virus will find a way to mutate so it can defend itself from the proteins in the vaccine... so we will essentially be creating new variants every single year with every single new vaccine.

This makes TOTAL sense to me. I mean... that alternative reality that doesnt exists sure seems like its happening right now.

At least to me it does. But what do I know? I'm just an unrealistic person living in an alternative reality I guess.

Because as long as this virus and variants remain a major issue in all of our lives, our lives cant return to normal
We cant vacation the way we would like
In some cases, people cant run their businesses the way they like
We cant do many things as freely and worry free as we would like
If everybody would just get vaccinated, cases would drop exponentially
There would not be as many people walking around spreading the virus
This is not political
We are all in this together and the people who are exercising their choice not to participate are keeping this situation from getting better

Re the mask argument, it isnt about the fact that the virus can penetrate most masks
By wearing masks, you are preventing yourself from infecting others much more
At least thats how I understand it
You cant believe this is political? Just like you don’t understand the Mario annoyance?

I never knew you were a pilot. I have a question. I was told that, depending on lots of variables like wind, takeoff weight, etc,, that sometimes the elevator does not even need to be deflected upon rotation for the aircraft to take off. Is this true?
[/QUOTE
I had a relative, had Covid back in March 2020 and then contracted the Delta virus not long ago..He was much much sicker, hospitalized but thankfully did not have to be intimated..42 years old and healthy…So take your BS back to the Rand Paul land of make believe..
You could move stabilizer trim and probably get it airborne but it would very hard to control..........
On smaller airplane like a Cessna 172 you could probably do it . A jammed elevator , or runaway stabilizer is a bad scenario on a transport category airplane and there have been several crashes associated with this. Emery Airlines crashed a DC 8 when the elevator jammed on takeoff. They got it airborne but crashed in a parking lot killing everybody on board.......

Last edited:
Reactions: honeyiv
Mr. Ferman...

This thread has turned into something that belongs in The Lounge, where certain posters on this site (who shall remain nameless, but most know who they are) can continue to fan the hysteria flames like this. The War Room is not the place for these kinds of discussions. My final thoughts on this before it is moved:

You stated... "if everyone would just get vaccinated, cases would drop exponentially, there would not be as many people walking around spreading the virus..."

But that statement is not true, unfortunately.

So get vaccinated, or dont get vaccinated. IT WILL NOT MATTER because this virus is here to stay, just like The Flu. In January, we were told that since the vaccines are now available, we will be able to lift restrictions, social distancing, mask mandates, quarantines and go back to normal once 60-70% of the population got vaccinated.

Now, they want to move the goal posts yet again.

We're regressing, even with the vaccines because the awful truth is, the vaccines ARE NOT effective at preventing infection or spread. Merely for lessening the symptoms.

What happens if/when every man, woman and child have gotten their vaccination here in America, and the virus STILL affects our everyday lives? When we STILL have to wear masks? When we STILL have to get yearly vaccines? when we still have to show our vaccine passports to be admitted into a restaurant or gym or football game?

How much further will they move the goalposts yet again... in the name of "health and safety" at that point?

How much more of our freedom and civil liberties will we have to surrender?

Yeah... this is as political of an issue as there has EVER been in my lifetime. And unfortunately, its just getting started.
GREAT POST!!!

Reactions: majus12
Gary,
You are being political the second you use the word "I". You are being POLITICS 101 - to say "I am not being political, it is just that my view (raise taxes - lower taxes, increase - decrease military spending etc.) that I am so right, that no one could think otherwise." When I read your article this morning with you slying inserting your political view, I immediately knew this discussion would devolve to where it is.

As previously said, it might be better recieved for CanesSport to go into details as to current ACC protocols of the contact tracing and testing. We know there are false positives and vaccinated individuals that truly get the virus. Is a vaccinated player that tests positive viewed by written rule any differently by rule?. Having that kind of information and not your political inner Fauci would be far more interesting and helpful.

Reactions: majus12
I think the Delta Variant accounts for the majority of current Covid 19 cases . It explains the spike. It is more contagious and may be more likely to cause serious disease in younger patients. Based on first hand knowledge from colleagues in ICU's in Central Fl there is about a 9 to 1 unvaccinated vs vaccinated patients in the hospital.
So at least in Fl it appears the vaccines are still protecting people. Right now it does make sense for the younger over 20 population to get vaccinated .The only issue for UM would be if some players get post vaccine heart inflammation(myocarditis) -a transient issue likely caused by the spike protein binding myocardial tissue.
I believe the
This post will make the difference for sure! By the way I had Covid, beat it like a champ and zero chance I need to be vaccinated with an experimental technology. So take your BS back to HuffPO.
you are an idiot as getting Covid doesn’t prevent u from getting it again. U no nothing about Covid.

Dang judging by the posts on this board members of cane sport know about half of all people who died of Covid. Pretty incredible.
LOL. Can't make this shit up. 90% fantasy. Lots of very good people died of this disease. No doubt. But it is now being overplayed and it will not fly. Zero chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkrantz
Gary,
You are being political the second you use the word "I". You are being POLITICS 101 - to say "I am not being political, it is just that my view (raise taxes - lower taxes, increase - decrease military spending etc.) that I am so right, that no one could think otherwise." When I read your article this morning with you slying inserting your political view, I immediately knew this discussion would devolve to where it is.

As previously said, it might be better recieved for CanesSport to go into details as to current ACC protocols of the contact tracing and testing. We know there are false positives and vaccinated individuals that truly get the virus. Is a vaccinated player that tests positive viewed by written rule any differently by rule?. Having that kind of information and not your political inner Fauci would be far more interesting and helpful.

I think that is the biggest question here that hasnt been addressed yet... to my knowledge.

According to the NCAA, or the ACC or The University of Miami, if a VACCINATED player tests positive for Covid do they have to go into regular Covid protocol with Social Distancing? Do the rest of the players have to go into Contact Tracing and quarantine if they have been potentially exposed?

The reason I ask... is because if fully vaccinated kids have to go into the same Covid protocols as unvaccinated kids do, then I ask for the 20th-thousandth-time... WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

Fully vaccinated teams will not have any advantage over teams with 85% vaccinated because Covid protocols will stand as they have been.

I believe the

you are an idiot as getting Covid doesn’t prevent u from getting it again. U no nothing about Covid.
If you've already had covid, it MIGHT not prevent you from getting it again. However if you did have covid and recover, you do have immunity with your T & B cells. Your B cells is whats closest to your bone marrow, and once Covid hits again your B cells trigger your T cells, your T cells remember the virus and it creates antibodies again, ON ITS OWN. The vaccine doesn't do that. You constantly have to keep getting poked with a needle to keep and maintain a certain level of antibodies. Which is why for the life of me those who had covid and recovered is not even being talking about for immunity. Now they're talking about poking you with boosters. Now its going to be booster vs unbooster (Arnold voice). This show will keep going. I am not up for getting poked once a week for boosters.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkrantz
I think that is the biggest question here that hasnt been addressed yet... to my knowledge.

According to the NCAA, or the ACC or The University of Miami, if a VACCINATED player tests positive for Covid do they have to go into regular Covid protocol with Social Distancing? Do the rest of the players have to go into Contact Tracing and quarantine if they have been potentially exposed?

The reason I ask... is because if fully vaccinated kids have to go into the same Covid protocols as unvaccinated kids do, then I ask for the 20th-thousandth-time... WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

Fully vaccinated teams will not have any advantage over teams with 85% vaccinated because Covid protocols will stand as they have been.

@gferman... any thought or answers in regard to my questions?

1. If a vaccinated player test positive for Covid, do they still have to enter the Covid Protocol and quarantine?
2. If a vaccinated player is found to have been exposed thru contact tracing, does that player enter the Protocol?
3. If a vaccinated player is exposed from contact tracing but tests negative, does that player enter the Protocol?

If the answer to those questions are "NO" across the board... then I would agree that having a 100% vaccine participation for the team would be necessary.

If the answer to those questions are "YES" or "MAYBE" or "DEPENDS ON THE CIRCUMSTANCE" then I stand by my position that there will be no extra benefit to having a fully vaccinated team.

If you've already had covid, it MIGHT not prevent you from getting it again. However if you did have covid and recover, you do have immunity with your T & B cells. Your B cells is whats closest to your bone marrow, and once Covid hits again your B cells trigger your T cells, your T cells remember the virus and it creates antibodies again, ON ITS OWN. The vaccine doesn't do that. You constantly have to keep getting poked with a needle to keep and maintain a certain level of antibodies. Which is why for the life of me those who had covid and recovered is not even being talking about for immunity. Now they're talking about poking you with boosters. Now its going to be booster vs unbooster (Arnold voice). This show will keep going. I am not up for getting poked once a week for boosters.

Hey Dez... you sound like you may have some idea about how this all works better than some.

I have a question for you that I hope you can shed some light on. If you arent sure or don't know its no big deal but I'm trying to figure out some things that are best for me and my family and I just can't get straight answers from some people.

So my family and I had Covid back in March. We all had extremely mild cases, but the virus ran its course. So we should have some immunity built up.

My question is, does the immunity we have built up from the original Covid strain carry over for the Delta strain?

Reactions: Dez305
Hey Dez... you sound like you may have some idea about how this all works better than some.

I have a question for you that I hope you can shed some light on. If you arent sure or don't know its no big deal but I'm trying to figure out some things that are best for me and my family and I just can't get straight answers from some people.

So my family and I had Covid back in March. We all had extremely mild cases, but the virus ran its course. So we should have some immunity built up.

My question is, does the immunity we have built up from the original Covid strain carry over for the Delta strain?
Yes it does. I also had mild symptoms August of last year, and still have high antibodies a year later even though we were told antibodies only lasted 3-4 months. It could be it also depends on the persons body. I would still be sure and seek answers from your family doctor and order an antibody test. Just to be sure you still have the antibodies. Natural immunity gets overlooked here tremendously, not sure why. There are also amazing therapeutics that they also administer to you as well, especially a new one that rolled out by Gov DeSantis called Monoclonal antibody treatment - not to mention other therapeutics as well. So if you already have the antibodies I don't know why there's the whole Vaxx or bust situation.

The vaccine is also a really good option if you've never been exposed to covid before. Even if you are young and healthy and haven't been exposed, its an option simply to not get sick. No one likes to get sick. If I was never infected with covid I would probably take the vaccine (after it was fully approved by the FDA) for the simple fact I just hate being sick - cold, flu or otherwise. The vaccine offers a good amount of antibodies for about 8 months, but then will need to be followed up by booster shots to keep the antibodies in your system. Not sure how long after that a booster will be needed. However this notion that 100% of the population needs to be vaccinated in order for it to work is completely unequivocally un-scientific...PERIOD.

To those of us like me and you, natural immunity matters a big deal. You can't tell me that the stuff they cooked up in the lab to create Captain America is better than my own natural immunity, that simply doesn't fly with me and it isn't 100% scientific in certain circumstances. Our bodies will always know Covid 19 if we were to get re-infected and will have its own antibodies to fight that off. However to put things in perspective I am not a medical doctor, just passing on extensive knowledge about this from a ton of studying and research I've done. So again, I would seeks guidance from your physician first and foremost about this than listen to a guy on a sports blog, lol. Thanks for reaching out.

Last edited:
Yes it does. I also had mild symptoms August of last year, and still have high antibodies a year later even though we were told antibodies only lasted 3-4 months. It could be it also depends on the persons body. I would still be sure and seek answers from your family doctor and order an antibody test. Just to be sure you still have the antibodies. Natural immunity gets overlooked here tremendously, not sure why. There are also amazing therapeutics that they also administer to you as well, especially a new one that rolled out by Gov DeSantis called Monoclonal antibody treatment - not to mention other therapeutics as well. So if you already have the antibodies I don't know why there's the whole Vaxx or bust situation.

The vaccine is also a really good option if you've never been exposed to covid before. Even if you are young and healthy and haven't been exposed, its an option simply to not get sick. No one likes to get sick. If I was never infected with covid I would probably take the vaccine (after it was fully approved by the FDA) for the simple fact I just hate being sick - cold, flu or otherwise. The vaccine offers a good amount of antibodies for about 8 months, but then will need to be followed up by booster shots to keep the antibodies in your system. Not sure how long after that a booster will be needed. However this notion that 100% of the population needs to be vaccinated in order for it to work is completely unequivocally un-scientific...PERIOD.

To those of us like me and you, natural immunity matters a big deal. You can't tell me that the stuff they cooked up in the lab to create Captain America is better than my own natural immunity, that simply doesn't fly with me and it isn't 100% scientific in certain circumstances. Our bodies will always know Covid 19 if we were to get re-infected and will have its own antibodies to fight that off. However to put things in perspective I am not a medical doctor, just passing on extensive knowledge about this from a ton of studying and research I've done. So again, I would seeks guidance from your physician first and foremost about this than listen to a guy on a sports blog, lol. Thanks for reaching out.
Great comments on Natural Immunity dez. Dr. Harvey Risch of Yale University concurs.
It's not mentioned by the Vax Scientists as it might impact sales.

Harvey A. Risch https://g.co/kgs/7zUrDQ

Reactions: grbcane and Dez305
Great comments on Natural Immunity dez. Dr. Harvey Risch of Yale University concurs.
It's not mentioned by the Vax Scientists as it might impact sales.

Harvey A. Risch https://g.co/kgs/7zUrDQ
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. The Cleveland clinic also did a phenomenal study regarding natural immunity, so did Israel as well which was very in-depth.

Reactions: krvanness

Haha, "quarantine" aka sent home from school to go hang out with all their friends and do the normal things kids do on a daily basis. Of course Gary is as usual ill-informed.

The real facts are:

Hillsborough County (countywide new case positivity rate of 23.1%), reports just 804 student cases out of 223,305 students (0.35%) and 437 staff cases out of 24,416 (1.79%). But because of asinine "quarantine rules" is sending home ~6k kids.

Last edited:
Team Or the the fans in the stadium. It’s not about personal choice as those non-vaccinated will impact others and no one has that right! Fans should not be let in the stadiums and players should not be allowed to practice, play or be around others! The only was we got rid of polio, measles, and small pox was buy vaccinations. This disease is life threatening and will continue to be as the delta, Lamdba and another variant that hasn’t even been named yet ( the new variant is about 2% in the country and 10% in Florida cases now). Our children are at stake as most children’s hospitals like Nicklaus and joe Dimagio or full up with patients at this point. This is not a political statement, we in this country and the globe are fighting not just for quality of life but for life itself. Everyone please get vaccinated as soon as possible. We r seeing all kinds of patients at this point of all ages and health.
It's sad to read this as truly intended which is pretty racist. What lkantor really meant to say was:

'It’s not about personal choice as those non-vaccinated (blacks) will impact others and no one has that right! "Blacks" should not be let in the stadiums and (black) players should not be allowed to practice, play or be around others!

Segregation is cool again for all the libs on the board. Just trying to exclude 70% of black people from normal activities. Going well in NYC already.

"The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals' medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections."

"Rule that gives patients rights over their health" stands out to me very vividly.
However, simply doesn’t legally apply to businesses that require vaccination proof. Sorry!

However, simply doesn’t legally apply to businesses that require vaccination proof. Sorry!

There are some grounds were employers can require those who are EMPLOYEED by their company (private) requiring vaccination status, HOWEVER not when you're grabbing a burger at Mc Donald's. Two completely different scenarios. You don't have to disclose anything to anyone when entering a business unless its a Government approved ID due to that establishment carrying alcohol. You simply can't ask someone for their health information whether you're a public or private establishment shopping at somewhere like a Costco's lol.

Team Or the the fans in the stadium. It’s not about personal choice as those non-vaccinated will impact others and no one has that right! Fans should not be let in the stadiums and players should not be allowed to practice, play or be around others! The only was we got rid of polio, measles, and small pox was buy vaccinations. This disease is life threatening and will continue to be as the delta, Lamdba and another variant that hasn’t even been named yet ( the new variant is about 2% in the country and 10% in Florida cases now). Our children are at stake as most children’s hospitals like Nicklaus and joe Dimagio or full up with patients at this point. This is not a political statement, we in this country and the globe are fighting not just for quality of life but for life itself. Everyone please get vaccinated as soon as possible. We r seeing all kinds of patients at this point of all ages and health.
This is a shocking horrifc take and is line with the disaster unfolding in Florida, governors like DeSantis wrongly believe Covid-19 is personal responsibility. That principle (while being advantageous to their base) is destructive way to govern. We know from measles, mumps when a raging infectious disease like the delta variant is on the loose (one person infects on average up to 6 others) personal responsibility is out the window. It shuts down hospitals, schools which is basic abdication of governance by Desantis. The responsible thing is to accept the cost of school being open with maximum protections required for all kids. Nobody has a “personal responsibility” to infect others with this virus and continue to cause chaos in our community. WhIch is why we should be mandating vaccines to win this war against the virus, it is are only way out of this. The founding principle of the US are that people come together and form laws based on reason, while personal responsibility doesn’t work against delta. We can’t continue to be sitting ducks for this virus.

There are some grounds were employers can require those who are EMPLOYEED by their company (private) requiring vaccination status, HOWEVER not when you're grabbing a burger at Mc Donald's. Two completely different scenarios. You don't have to disclose anything to anyone when entering a business unless its a Government approved ID due to that establishment carrying alcohol. You simply can't ask someone for their health information whether you're a public or private establishment shopping at somewhere like a Costco'
There are some grounds were employers can require those who are EMPLOYEED by their company (private) requiring vaccination status, HOWEVER not when you're grabbing a burger at Mc Donald's. Two completely different scenarios. You don't have to disclose anything to anyone when entering a business unless its a Government approved ID due to that establishment carrying alcohol. You simply can't ask someone for their health information whether you're a public or private establishment shopping at somewhere like a Costco's lol.

Sure can ;they are doing it in NYC right now!
And that is Illegal. The Mayor has absolutely no right, and can't even come up with an ordinance or anything in the State of NY law that he has a leg to stand on that would sustain this. Its already being challenged in the court. There's no grounds on the rule book for this. You can't just make up rules on the fly and expect your citizens to abide by that. Which is why you have countless of restaurants in NYC that have stated they won't be enforcing this. I can't believe some people are actually ok with this.

If the Gov is allowed to get away with this, what in Gods green earth do you think they'll be capable of doing in the future? And who's going to stop them? Why don't people ever have the foresight to see ramifications of doing something like this without giving them any push back? Its INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS for the gov to do such a thing especially when it violates our own constitution. I can't believe that we actually have some people who can take a look at our gov who's screwed up this country for decades upon decades (on both sides of the political isle), and simply say YES to give them even more power! UNBELIEVABLE! There's an old saying, you get what you put up with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT