ADVERTISEMENT

COVID crap

SMcanes

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
So, as of last Friday, despite thousands of positive COVID cases on college campuses across the country, there have been NO hospitalizations. This front page story that a couple of UAB players were positive and that it might disrupt playing the game? This has become utter nonsense. We, as a country, are spending millions of dollars on a vaccine to create herd immunity, albeit with little time or research on potential effects down the road and without knowing how long this passive immunity might last. Natural immunity via infection lasts much longer, sometimes a lifetime, without the side effect potential of a vaccine. But, we are doing everything possible to limit natural immunity in the group least affected (young people with NO hospitalizations on college campuses), but still promoting a billion dollars for a vaccine to do the EXACT same thing, maybe with more consequences.

Why do we continue to freak out about college kids getting a virus they barely notice, if at all? We send them home to people who can get sick and die, instead of allowing them to stay on campus and just go to class. This is a nonsensical process. The chance that a player will get COVID and anything significant will happen is 1 in a million...much more likely to die in a bus crash on the way to the stadium. This COVID crap with sports in college and university life just has to stop.

It’s all political
And we are in process of forever changing social interactions
Will handshakes ever be acceptable? Or will sticking your hand out , like the western world has done for millennia be viewed as a hostile act
When can we remove the mostly useless face masks ? Or do we have to move to Sweden? And when are we going to acknowledge that for those under 20 this disease is like the flu . Only l severe .
It’s political.
There will be an awakening on Nov 4
until then ,hysteria is the norm

So, as of last Friday, despite thousands of positive COVID cases on college campuses across the country, there have been NO hospitalizations. This front page story that a couple of UAB players were positive and that it might disrupt playing the game? This has become utter nonsense. We, as a country, are spending millions of dollars on a vaccine to create herd immunity, albeit with little time or research on potential effects down the road and without knowing how long this passive immunity might last. Natural immunity via infection lasts much longer, sometimes a lifetime, without the side effect potential of a vaccine. But, we are doing everything possible to limit natural immunity in the group least affected (young people with NO hospitalizations on college campuses), but still promoting a billion dollars for a vaccine to do the EXACT same thing, maybe with more consequences.

Why do we continue to freak out about college kids getting a virus they barely notice, if at all? We send them home to people who can get sick and die, instead of allowing them to stay on campus and just go to class. This is a nonsensical process. The chance that a player will get COVID and anything significant will happen is 1 in a million...much more likely to die in a bus crash on the way to the stadium. This COVID crap with sports in college and university life just has to stop.
60% politics
20% lack of education
20% hysteria

The CDC doesn’t even recommend closing schools beyond 4 weeks when an outbreak occurs. Iceland who has had some of the best tracking has shown no transfer between school children and adults.

Reactions: kamco360
Wife was scheduled to work today at 11, she was backed down to 1pm. The hospital she works for has a main campus and one about half the size on the west end of town. There were 6 ER patients between the 2.

Plus 200k dead and still going. You forgot thst stat.
tenor.gif

I personally know two people who have died from covid in dade county in the last two weeks, to say its not real is absolute bullshit and disrespectful to those who have passed from it

Reactions: dmeinbach

Open yourind and feelings SM. Vaccines are needed for us old farts, are you of the mindset that youngster are fine but you have to get rid of their parents and gransparents, its OK for them to die, they are nold and will dieanyway.

Watch your mouth and feelings youngster!!!

Get hit by a car while Covid19 positive...you died of Covid19
Jump off a bridge while Covid19 positive...you died of Covid19.

It's lunacy.

Yeah, that aspect of it is crazy.

Every hospital worker that I know has told me the same tale...if they have any of the symptoms on the checklist, mark it as covid and “we’ll figure it out later”

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Yeah...

94% of them dead from something OTHER THAN Covid...

THAT is the REAL STAT!!!!

When MONEY is involved...
Morals go SIDEWAYS...

Hospitals have DEATH PANELS for a reason
That's BS, 200K is the excess death number as well

Kovi9 is going to mysteriously disappear a week after the election you won't hear a word about it

It's lunacy.
On point post here.
I'm getting lambasted in my thread telling people to grow a sack

It's lunacy.
That's a bs myth that's continually pushed by agenda driven people.

Hey jackass, a college kid died today because of it. Take your BS elsewhere. Thank your President for not doing anything for 6 weeks when he knew and did absolutely nothing

Hey jackass, a college kid died today because of it. Take your BS elsewhere. Thank your President for not doing anything for 6 weeks when he knew and did absolutely nothing

Lol. False, but you must be one of those people who believe everything you read on the internet.

Open yourind and feelings SM. Vaccines are needed for us old farts, are you of the mindset that youngster are fine but you have to get rid of their parents and gransparents, its OK for them to die, they are nold and will dieanyway.

I'm an old fart. We need to stop this nonsense. If we weren't testing, you wouldn't even know these college kids had anything(those that have been positive). Which is exactly why we keep testing.

Reactions: doerunn
Yeah...

94% of them dead from something OTHER THAN Covid...

THAT is the REAL STAT!!!!

When MONEY is involved...
Morals go SIDEWAYS...

Hospitals have DEATH PANELS for a reason

that’s not a real stat.... don’t repeat that out loud.

The flu also kills as other things in life.... Drama queen...

Reactions: kamco360
I talked to one of the top surgeons on the board at winnie palmer in central florida today and he said there’s already a vaccine and that he has it. Said the only reason it hasn’t been made public is that it hasn’t been tested on enough people/types of people.

First, I am 54. My parents are 87 and 91, still independent but very much at risk.
Second, being both an MD and MPH, I am VERY pro-vaccine in every way. I have never missed a flu shot. In fact, we don't let kids into our clinic if parents reject vaccines after appropriate education.
Third, my point had to do with rushing a vaccine to market has pros and cons. The cons being lack of larger and longer scale testing and the potential adverse events. The health of one person's side effect just derailed 1 of the 3 phase 3 vaccines.
Fourth, my point was natural immunity is safer/longer/better in people who are not going to get hurt from the disease (young people w/o high-risk conditions). If you READ CAREFULLY ( a difficult skill these days), I quote, "We send them home to people who can get sick and die, instead of allowing them to stay on campus and just go to class." My point was yours exactly. They should NOT be sent home to family members who could die from it just because they are positive but NOT ill. Dumb.
Fifth, before you accuse people of lack of compassion, maybe you should read a little more carefully and try to decipher meaning rather than attribute nefarious motives to others.

Thanks and Go Canes! UM Med School Class of 1991

Reactions: 4210 and kamco360
First, I am 54. My parents are 87 and 91, still independent but very much at risk.
Second, being both an MD and MPH, I am VERY pro-vaccine in every way. I have never missed a flu shot. In fact, we don't let kids into our clinic if parents reject vaccines after appropriate education.
Third, my point had to do with rushing a vaccine to market has pros and cons. The cons being lack of larger and longer scale testing and the potential adverse events. The health of one person's side effect just derailed 1 of the 3 phase 3 vaccines.
Fourth, my point was natural immunity is safer/longer/better in people who are not going to get hurt from the disease (young people w/o high-risk conditions). If you READ CAREFULLY ( a difficult skill these days), I quote, "We send them home to people who can get sick and die, instead of allowing them to stay on campus and just go to class." My point was yours exactly. They should NOT be sent home to family members who could die from it just because they are positive but NOT ill. Dumb.
Fifth, before you accuse people of lack of compassion, maybe you should read a little more carefully and try to decipher meaning rather than attribute nefarious motives to others.

Thanks and Go Canes! UM Med School Class of 1991

SM, I am 80 yrs old and cranking. So far so good we have my Mom In Law living with us
a sprightly 94 yes old, my wife is 71. We are very aware of the Chinese Virus and do
everything to keep it away from our cluster of older farts!!! We suffer having to keep both my sons and grand kids away just a bit, but just a bit is too much!!!

Reactions: utatem
De Cubano a Cubano, que carajo haces metiendote en mi posting.
No me jodas con el "drama queen", la tengo bien grande y parada,
vete a rayarte la yuca!!!

come mierda, si eres una drama queen veo que eres medio maricon ...

Too late...

CDC said it...

ENOUGH SAID

not what they said... this is a virus. Like AIDS. AIDS doesn’t kill you, it creates the conditions for you to die.

you keep believing the lies from the President. Be careful, believing those things may cost you your life.

Aha! Que bueno que tenemos otro cubano en Canesport! Lastima que eres
un Marielito de mierda, insultante como todos los que llegaron en balsitas!
Que tengas buen dia, dejate de pensar en el virus chino y prestale atencion
al juego de hoy.

come mierda, si eres una drama queen veo que eres medio maricon ...
Aha! Que bueno que tenemos otro cubano en Canesport! Lastima que eres
un Marielito de mierda, insultante como todos los que llegaron en balsitas!
Que tengas buen dia, dejate de pensar en el virus chino y prestale atencion
al juego de hoy.
This is when I wish I would have paid more attention in my high school Spanish class all those years ago.

Y sigues haciendo comunista como los Dems que sentaron con Raul Castro ..

Mira eso un latino que no aprendió nada...

Come pinga, yo soy Cubano bien nacido de la Habana, y soy
derechista y COMBATI a Fidelito ys sus communistas, viva Trump y
aprende a escribir en Castellano, parece que nadamas sabes
"Espanglish" al parecer nacistes aqui en USA hijo de Marielitos!!!
No me digas Latino, yo no tengo de Portorro ni de Mejicano ni de
centro americano, soy pichon de Irlandes y Maña si Española de
Zaragoza. Aprende a vivir cabron!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT