ADVERTISEMENT

Covid numbers Florida are we being fed BS again?

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
I keep hearing how bad it is again and the news is telling us how hospitals are overrun again and then I watch a recorded zoom meeting that took place yesterday with the CEO's of the largest hospital districts in Florida. On the zoom was CEO of Jackson Health System Miami-Dade, Broward Health, Tampa Heath and Orlando. All of these CEO's were talking about being open for business as usual and that although their Covid cases have increased their hospitals are no where near overrun, quite the opposite. Total capacity 1400 beds total covid cases 126. Hardly overrun.

I think we are being fed BS again.

I keep hearing how bad it is again and the news is telling us how hospitals are overrun again and then I watch a recorded zoom meeting that took place yesterday with the CEO's of the largest hospital districts in Florida. On the zoom was CEO of Jackson Health System Miami-Dade, Broward Health, Tampa Heath and Orlando. All of these CEO's were talking about being open for business as usual and that although their Covid cases have increased their hospitals are no where near overrun, quite the opposite. Total capacity 1400 beds total covid cases 126. Hardly overrun.

One thing they pointed out was, they’re are busier because people put off important surgeries because of Covid restrictions. The last thing we need right now is the democrats and press hurting people by making them delay these procedures.

Fear mongering again from the left… Lies lies and more lies..
Floridians are not buying the BS…
Why would CEO of these hospital lie…
Answer : They wouldn’t ..!!!

Reactions: grbcane and HJCane
According to the Department of Health and Human Services, a record 12,408 Floridians are now getting hospital treatment for the novel coronavirus. The state's previous record — 10,179 on July 23, 2020 — was first broken Sunday and has continued to climb this week. Hospitals have been reporting that the vast majority of such patients are unvaccinated.

"There's no question, governor, that our ERs are full and we are busy, that we have the most COVID patients that we've ever had through the pandemic," Couris said. "But we are a large hospital." He added: "Our elective schedules are open and we're operating. But we're watching all of this hour by hour."

But, according to a Florida Hospital Association survey, 60% of hospitals expect critical workforce shortages in the next week, said spokesman Marc Lotter. Twenty-three percent of hospitals told the FHA they expect to expand capacity into non-patient care areas such as cafeterias and conference rooms in the next seven days.

Not included on the video conference call were representatives of AdventHealth, which announced on Friday it was limiting surgeries to only those that are urgent, time-sensitive and emergencies. The hospital system did not respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, also not on the call, announced this week it was suspending elective surgeries through at least this week in response to an unprecedented influx of COVID-19 patients.

"We have reached our capacity and are developing out-of-the-box ways to take care of patients," Chief Communications Officer Stephanie M. Derzypolski told the Tallahassee Democrat Monday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT