ADVERTISEMENT

Cuomo is who I am going to follow right now!!! A real leader!!!

So, name the Democrat. What is your proposal for dealing with a sub primitive, killer virus? Should we open the borders? Should we declare more sanctuary cities? Should we allow the homeless to mass together and freely defecate on our streets?
What Democrat? I don't know what you're talking about. The virus should have been seriously from the start instead of dismissing it as a "democratic hoax". Immediately increase testing and take steps to contain spread. Should we open the borders? Asinine question. Should we declare more sanctuary cities? Another asinine question. Should we allow the homeless to mass together? No, we should separate them and spread them more evenly throughout the city. Or maybe take them out of the city limits and dump them. Homelessness has three main causes, loss of employment, drug abuse and unaffordable housing. You expect me to provide spur of the moment solutions for problems that have plagued governments for years? Instead of asking ridiculous questions why don't you provide some solutions?

You don't read my articles. Are you incapable of reading? https://nationalfile.com/flashback-...chinese-coronavirus-travel-ban-as-xenophobia/ The money quote:
While Democrats in March attack President Donald Trump for not doing enough to end the coronavirus epidemic, the same Democrats were bashing the president’s decision to ban travel from China in January.
In January, President Trump banned all foreign nationals who were in China during the time of the coronavirus outbreak from entering the United States. Many pundits and health experts have since credited this decision with helping to slow the coronavirus pandemic on American shores.

However, at the time former vice president Joe Biden railed against the decision.

During a campaign rally, Biden said that “In moments like this, this is where the credibility of a president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do.”
He doesn’t read.

Reactions: CaneBandit
What Democrat? I don't know what you're talking about. The virus should have been seriously from the start instead of dismissing it as a "democratic hoax". Immediately increase testing and take steps to contain spread. Should we open the borders? Asinine question. Should we declare more sanctuary cities? Another asinine question. Should we allow the homeless to mass together? No, we should separate them and spread them more evenly throughout the city. Or maybe take them out of the city limits and dump them. Homelessness has three main causes, loss of employment, drug abuse and unaffordable housing. You expect me to provide spur of the moment solutions for problems that have plagued governments for years? Instead of asking ridiculous questions why don't you provide some solutions?
NO COUNTRY has responded as agressively, or effectively, for medical and financial issues, let alone to 350 million.
Your statements continue to embarrass you and other dem talking points.
BLAME CHINA for hiding it!
Ignorant fool!
Pffffffft

Reactions: CaneBandit
I asked this because those are the policies that you have been advocating. Maybe they have merits: I don't think so. But, they adding, not subtracting to the problems with which we have to deal.
Did you read the Snopes analysis I posted? Even Snopes says you guys are lying about the hoax statement you attribute to Trump.
Instead of furnishing hoax answers to problems you guys have created, identify the Democrat who was out in front of this in December when you guys and the media were totally focused on the impeachment hearings. What a waste!
And the top three states in numbers of deaths, including the state of Washington, which is a low density state, but, like Italy has a large number of Chinese working there, are all totally run by Democrats. I don't blame you guys for this. But, you have no solutions. All you have is ridiculous theories about what is causing deaths inflicted by a primitive Chinese virus. And, this is not the first one that has come in from China. We need to learn our lesson and get the hell out of that country as fast as possible.

Reactions: utatem and ZEKEMUG
Classic "pot calling the kettle black". You throw that "ignorance" label around rather freely. I haven't detected much intellect in your snide posts.
Oh, you are so smart. Now you are an intellectual detective, just like the one last night where you told a fellow American he needed night school. And you call yourself compassionate. You are not compassionate. Your are just desperate for vicarious power.

NO COUNTRY has responded as agressively, or effectively, for medical and financial issues, let alone to 350 million.
Your statements continue to embarrass you and other dem talking points.
BLAME CHINA for hiding it!
Ignorant fool!
Pffffffft
Well we aren't like other countries. This is America....I am so damn sick of the bar being so low for America since this dumb ass POS president has taken office!!!! Now our president isn't expected to speak intelligently to the American people. He isn't expected to be 100% truthful to the American people...and he isn't expected to protect ALL OF the American people. It is so ridiculous. Our president is expected to be better than any other leader for any other country.

We could have done a ton of things. We could have worked with other countries to isolate what works and what doesn't work. We could have secured all the PPE necessarily to go into battle to slow down this Virus. Even still til this day the president has not enacted everything he could to mobilize all of our national resources. He could have lead the fight in congress to respond financially and otherwise.

This is why I say...you people that put this POS in office I don't care if you like me. I don't trust your judgement....don't respect it! This is going to hurt our country and everyday ithis POS is in office it is hurting our country and / or literally killing innocent Americans.

Well we aren't like other countries. This is America....I am so damn sick of the bar being so low for America since this dumb ass POS president has taken office!!!! Now our president isn't expected to speak intelligently to the American people. He isn't expected to be 100% truthful to the American people...and he isn't expected to protect ALL OF the American people. It is so ridiculous. Our president is expected to be better than any other leader for any other country.

We could have done a ton of things. We could have worked with other countries to isolate what works and what doesn't work. We could have secured all the PPE necessarily to go into battle to slow down this Virus. Even still til this day the president has not enacted everything he could to mobilize all of our national resources. He could have lead the fight in congress to respond financially and otherwise.

This is why I say...you people that put this POS in office I don't care if you like me. I don't trust your judgement....don't respect it! This is going to hurt our country and everyday ithis POS is in office it is hurting our country and / or literally killing innocent Americans.
He did listen to other countries. South Korea is the one that came up with the malaria drug which helped turn the tide for them. But when he advocated that here you guys attacked him. Your are ridiculous.
And, I don't know where Trump would come in on an IQ test. He graduated from an Ivy league business school that is really hard to get into. Unlike Biden and Obama he was a success in private industry.
Apparently you missed the basic government or history class which discussed Detocqueville. He distinguished America, which for the last 200 years has been the most successful country on the planet as not being run or populated by intellectuals. It was a country where people were interested in non academic, technical solutions to problems. You guys want to transmogrify us into a country run by intellectuals and dragged down into the morass featuring riots, demagogues and non productive people. No thanks!

I am really not interested in seizing our industries thereby crippling us. And, I am not interested in what the European countries have to say, unless you count Hungary and Poland that have closed the borders several years ago. They have much lower levels of infestation than the rest of the Eurpoean countries.

Last edited:

Bar being low? I stopped reading.
You truly are ignorant!.
The only POS is you for not being objective.
Gonna be a fun 56 months watching you squirm under President Trump!
I’m giddy with excitement

Reactions: lima23
I asked this because those are the policies that you have been advocating. Maybe they have merits: I don't think so. But, they adding, not subtracting to the problems with which we have to deal.
Did you read the Snopes analysis I posted? Even Snopes says you guys are lying about the hoax statement you attribute to Trump.
Instead of furnishing hoax answers to problems you guys have created, identify the Democrat who was out in front of this in December when you guys and the media were totally focused on the impeachment hearings. What a waste!
And the top three states in numbers of deaths, including the state of Washington, which is a low density state, but, like Italy has a large number of Chinese working there, are all totally run by Democrats. I don't blame you guys for this. But, you have no solutions. All you have is ridiculous theories about what is causing deaths inflicted by a primitive Chinese virus. And, this is not the first one that has come in from China. We need to learn our lesson and get the hell out of that country as fast as possible.
You keep referring to "you guys". I'm an Ind. not a Dem as are the majority in this country and I don't advocate the policies you are accusing. In fact, I more closely identify with Trump's border and immigration policies. The problem is that I can't stomach the serial lying Buffoon and think he is unfit for office. Anyone anti-Trump you folks equate to "Lib". This is false and you need to understand that. I was a USMC Sgt. and Vietnam vet. I went to Southeast Asia not Canada. Not Lib material. As for China, I believe they are the worlds second largest economy and their artificially inflated yuan is going to implode. This will affect every economy in the world. As I related to you before, I see an imminent severe global downturn to which you disagreed. The virus is the final nail in the coffin. That's my story and I.m sticking to it until proven wrong!

Oh, you are so smart. Now you are an intellectual detective, just like the one last night where you told a fellow American he needed night school. And you call yourself compassionate. You are not compassionate. Your are just desperate for vicarious power.
Never claimed I was compassionate and have no patience for uneducated Trumpers posting gibberish!

You keep referring to "you guys". I'm an Ind. not a Dem as are the majority in this country and I don't advocate the policies you are accusing. In fact, I more closely identify with Trump's border and immigration policies. The problem is that I can't stomach the serial lying Buffoon and think he is unfit for office. Anyone anti-Trump you folks equate to "Lib". This is false and you need to understand that. I was a USMC Sgt. and Vietnam vet. I went to Southeast Asia not Canada. Not Lib material. As for China, I believe they are the worlds second largest economy and their artificially inflated yuan is going to implode. This will affect every economy in the world. As I related to you before, I see an imminent severe global downturn to which you disagreed. The virus is the final nail in the coffin. That's my story and I.m sticking to it until proven wrong!
The virus is the only nail in the coffin. And I may or may not have been a combat vet as well. And I may or may not have been a combat platoon leader operating 400 miles north of Saigon. What being in Vietnam has to do with current politics is beyond me. But, I notice that all lefties bring their service to the fore in every political debate. Most combat vets are conservative. But, the few that I know who aren't conservatives are flaming liberals.
And one thing is for sure. If the left gets in, like the left is in China, the world will implode.

Never claimed I was compassionate and have no patience for uneducated Trumpers posting gibberish!
The left is supposed to be compassionate. You know they all want to protect the little guys from the oppressive businesses. I believe in the nobility of the individual. I am stunned that being a combat vet you would have no compassion for people who did not spend their lives with their noses in a book. Your people must have suffered under your leadership.

The virus is the only nail in the coffin. And I may or may not have been a combat vet as well. And I may or may not have been a combat platoon leader operating 400 miles north of Saigon. What being in Vietnam has to do with current politics is beyond me. But, I notice that all lefties bring their service to the fore in every political debate. Most combat vets are conservative. But, the few that I know who aren't conservatives are flaming liberals.
And one thing is for sure. If the left gets in, like the left is in China, the world will implode.
BS. We were headed for a downturn before the virus. It will only expedite and deepen what was coming. And you were never a combat vet or you wouldn't talk about military service with such a shyty attitude. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but no more. You are a total Ahole! I only brought up the military service to explain that Sgts in the USMC are not "libs"!

Last edited:
Sure! You keep telling yourself I am not a combat vet. You are a nobody that by some miracle was promoted to sergeant. I was in charge of a lot of sergeants - not at one time mind you. Usually 4 or 5 at a time. Most of them were good. If you had been in the Army, instead of the marines with the attitude you have someone would have a put a bullet right in the back of your head. One time I had a platoon sergeant who was a total screw up. He was lucky that he was just a cowardly wimp and not an arrogant asshole. One night when we were on an easy mission 3 or 4 guys beat the crap out of him.
I had a C.O. who was a West Point graduate. He had your arrogant attitude. Unfortunately the guy who tried to shoot him in the back of his head killed the guy behind him. The Brigade Commander had compassion on him and immediately transferred him to Brigade staff as an S4. I had 4 or 5 C.O.s. I had to take over for the last one who had a nervous breakdown. You are a total fraud and a scam artist. Arrogance is the sign of a loser.

Arrogance is also the sign of a leftie. They are all arrogant. Problem is that most of them could not even run a 7-11 in the private economy.

Sure! You keep telling yourself I am not a combat vet. You are a nobody that by some miracle was promoted to sergeant. I was in charge of a lot of sergeants - not at one time mind you. Usually 4 or 5 at a time. Most of them were good. If you had been in the Army, instead of the marines with the attitude you have someone would have a put a bullet right in the back of your head. One time I had a platoon sergeant who was a total screw up. He was lucky that he was just a cowardly wimp and not an arrogant asshole. One night when we were on an easy mission 3 or 4 guys beat the crap out of him.
I had a C.O. who was a West Point graduate. He had your arrogant attitude. Unfortunately the guy who tried to shoot him in the back of his head killed the guy behind him. The Brigade Commander had compassion on him and immediately transferred him to Brigade staff as an S4. I had 4 or 5 C.O.s. I had to take over for the last one who had a nervous breakdown. You are a total fraud and a scam artist. Arrogance is the sign of a loser.
Combat vet my ass! We had to rescue a bunch of Army wipes in the battle of Hue City because the chickenshyts wanted to run rather than fight. I am neither a fraud nor a scam artist and you are the most arrogant poster on the board!

I know plenty.... I'm from the area.... so don't tell me what I know.

Then you do know that the number of hospital beds that Cuomo complains he doesn’t have enough of, as governor he oversees and regulates that number.

Combat vet my ass! We had to rescue a bunch of Army wipes in the battle of Hue City because the chickenshyts wanted to run rather than fight. I am neither a fraud nor a scam artist and you are the most arrogant poster on the board!
My understanding is that the 1st Air Cav rescued you guys. When I was stationed at Fort Polk my commanding officer told me that he extended for a year as a combat photographer. He had been a platoon leader before. He was at the gates of Hue and watching a Marine Lieutenant trying to get his people in the gate. He had them running into the city two at a time and an NVA machine gunner was shooting them down 2 at a time.
My C.O. walked over to him and said, "Why don't you have your people all climb over the wall - it wasn't high - and jump to the ground at the same time. That way you won't get your entire platoon wiped out." The LT answered, "sir, we are the marines." My CO then watched the arrogant asshole get his whole platoon killed. You had the finest troops in the military. But incompetent leaders, until you got up to Colonel and General. Those guys were competent. They had the right strategy, concentrate on the villages to win the war. Unfortunately the Democrats in charge did not listen to them, but pulled them out in 69 I believe to save the poor marines who were being slaughtered by antiquated tactics fostered on them by lower level leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreakingCane
And let's not talk about Khe Sahn where a large marine force was surrounded by an inferior NVA force. You guys were lucky the NVA were so stupid that they did not poison your water supply. The 1st Air Cav rescued you guys from that one as well.
I just looked it up. The 1st Air Cav saved you from your incompetence at Hue and Khe Sahn although in Khe Sahn you only THOUGHT you needed saving. You were just sitting there taking artillery shells from an inferior force.

Last edited:
Again the marines were and are the finest soldiers that the military has ever had. Unfortunately their platoon and company leadership was highly questionable and wasted a lot of lives without accomplishing much. But when you got up to Colonel and General they had it together. I think that was based on the marine corp memory of their campaign in Central America.
The Colonels in the Army were useless. I once went to a meeting and the Colonel asked me what I thought about an idea. I explained to him how stupid it was. I was told to never come to a Colonel's meeting again.
The only time that I had a favorable opinion of a General was when I was running the company after my C.O. had a nervous breakdown. In the first encounter with the NVA we got our asses kicked and we pulled back to the rear to re-group. A general came by and asked who was the company commander. He passed right by me as I had a beard and a t shirt on. I ran up to him, saluted and told him Lt. xxxxx reports. He told me that he just wanted to congratulate me on the job I did out there.
We were sent in by a LTC without an artillery prep because helicopter pilots had been shot down. I told him that he was wrong because in the South they did not take prisoners. He gave me a direct order to go in so I did against more than a thousand NVA. They kicked our asses.
The LTC then told me to go back in. I told him, not without an artillery prep. He said, LT I am going to let you call in an air strike. That was so fine. I called in naplam and 500 pound bombs after the spotter lit up my strike areas with Wilson Pickett. The next day we went in and the bastards had pulled back to the mountains. I was wrong about the helicopter pilots. Their dicks had been cut off and put in their mouths. I am sure that they were grateful to the LTC for letting them live another few hours or a day while they bled out.
Your platoon leader or you would probably, like automatons, gone rushing in. I pity the poor marines under your command.

Last edited:
And let's not talk about Khe Sahn where a large marine force was surrounded by an inferior NVA force. You guys were lucky the NVA were so stupid that they did not poison your water supply. The 1st Air Cav rescued you guys from that one as well.
I just looked it up. The 1st Air Cav saved you from your incompetence at Hue and Khe Sahn although in Khe Sahn you only THOUGHT you needed saving. You were just sitting there taking artillery shells from an inferior force.
That's total BS. I was at Khe Sahn and it was not a large Marine force and we were down in a valley and surrounded by more than a battalion of NVA. It was a constant barrage of artillery and rockets. On the anniversary of Dien Bien Phu they came at us as if to over-run the base but pulled back. Pres Nixon had announced that if they over-ran the base he would use nuclear weapons on them. Nixon saved us not the 1st Air Cav! I was a photo/journalist and went on an operation once the 1st Air Cav and the pussies had hot meals flown in
. Unbelievable!

Last edited:

Most F’Up post I’ve ever read on this site. No respect for soldiers who made ultimate sacrifice. No respect for you ever again.

Again the marines were and are the finest soldiers that the military has ever had. Unfortunately their platoon and company leadership was highly questionable and wasted a lot of lives without accomplishing much. But when you got up to Colonel and General they had it together. I think that was based on the marine corp memory of their campaign in Central America.
The Colonels in the Army were useless. I once went to a meeting and the Colonel asked me what I thought about an idea. I explained to him how stupid it was. I was told to never come to a Colonel's meeting again.
The only time that I had a favorable opinion of a General was when I was running the company after my C.O. had a nervous breakdown. In the first encounter with the NVA we got our asses kicked and we pulled back to the rear to re-group. A general came by and asked who was the company commander. He passed right by me as I had a beard and a t shirt on. I ran up to him, saluted and told him Lt. xxxxx reports. He told me that he just wanted to congratulate me on the job I did out there.
We were sent in by a LTC without an artillery prep because helicopter pilots had been shot down. I told him that he was wrong because in the South they did not take prisoners. He gave me a direct order to go in so I did against more than a thousand NVA. They kicked our asses.
The LTC then told me to go back in. I told him, not without an artillery prep. He said, LT I am going to let you call in an air strike. That was so fine. I called in naplam and 500 pound bombs after the spotter lit up my strike areas with Wilson Pickett. The next day we went in and the bastards had pulled back to the mountains. I was wrong about the helicopter pilots. Their dicks had been cut off and put in their mouths. I am sure that they were grateful to the LTC for letting them live another few hours or a day while they bled out.
Your platoon leader or you would probably, like automatons, gone rushing in. I pity the poor marines under your command.

That's total BS. I was at Khe Sahn and it was not a large Marine force and we were down in a valley and surrounded by more than a battalion of NVA. It was a constant barrage of artillery and rockets. On the anniversary of Dien Bien Phu they came at us as if to over-run the base but pulled back. Pres Nixon had announced that if they over-ran the base he would use nuclear weapons on them. Nixon saved us not the 1st Air Cav! I was a photo/journalist and went on an operation once the 1st Air Cav and the pussies had hot meals flown in
. Unbelievable!
Look it up, the 1st Air Cav saved you from nothing. On the following day, the 2nd Brigade of the 1st Air Cavalry captured the old French fort near Khe Sanh village after a three-day battle. The link-up between the relief force and the Marines at KSCB took place at 08:00 on 8 April, when the 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment entered the camp.[137] The 11th Engineers proclaimed Route 9 open to traffic on 11 April. On that day, Tolson ordered his unit to immediately make preparations for Operation Delaware, an air assault into the A Shau Valley.[136] At 08:00 on 15 April, Operation Pegasus was officially terminated.[138] Total US casualties during the operation were 92 killed, 667 wounded, and five missing. Thirty-three ARVN troops were also killed and 187 were wounded.[139] Because of the close proximity of the enemy and their high concentration, the massive B-52 bombings, tactical airstrikes, and vast use of artillery, PAVN casualties were estimated by MACV as being between 10,000 and 15,000 men.[140]

And they saved your asses at Hue as well.
The 1st Cavalry Division attacks PAVN supply lines[edit]

1st Cavalry Division helicopter resupply mission northwest of Hue
On 20 January, the 1st Cavalry Division began moving from Landing Zone English in Bình Định Province 350 km north to Camp Evans as part of Operation Checkers. While the helicopters and men of the Division were soon in position, most of their heavy and support equipment was loaded on trucks that would have to proceed by convoy up Highway 1.[13] While a new supply port was being constructed on the coast, the Division relied on the Marine supply base at Tân Mỹ and supply convoys along Highway 1 from Da Nang.[13]:228 On the night of 31 January, the PAVN-VC launched a mortar attack on Camp Evans which caused an ammunition dump to explode, disabling most of the helicopters of the 229th Assault Helicopter Battalion.[13]:232–7 Other attacks along Highway 1 damaged or destroyed 20 bridges and 26 culverts between the Hải Vân Pass and Phu Bai and Highway 1 was closed to convoy traffic until early March.[4]:230

On 1 February, III Marine Amphibious Force (III MAF) Commander Lieutenant General Robert Cushman alerted the 1st Cavalry Division commander, Major General John J. Tolson, to be ready to deploy his 3rd Brigade into a sector west of Huế. By 22:15 that night, Tolson's command had agreed with III MAF on its designated area of operations in the Huế sector. Tolson's plan called for an air assault by two battalions of the 3rd Brigade northwest of Huế. The 2nd Battalion, 12th Cavalry was to arrive in the landing zone first, followed by the 5th Battalion, 7th Cavalry to be inserted near PK-17. Attacking in a southeasterly direction, the two battalions would then attempt to close the PAVN-VC supply line into Huế.[4]:177

During the mid-afternoon of 2 February, the 2/12th Cavalry arrived in a landing zone about 10 kilometres (6 mi) northwest of Huế. The Cavalry force soon encountered two dug-in PAVN Battalions around the villages of Que Chu and La Chu (16.481°N 107.504°E) which they were unable to overcome as fog prevented their usual gunship support. The 2/12th Cavalry withdrew to a night defensive perimeter, but at dawn on 3 February following a mortar barrage the PAVN attacked their position. This was only beaten back with heavy artillery fire. Losses continued to mount throughout the day from mortar and small arms fire and that night the Battalion commander decided to breakout from the encirclement by a night march to an ARVN hilltop position from where they could be resupplied and the casualties medevaced.[14] On reaching the ARVN base, the 2/12th Cavalry dug in there for the next 4 days.[9]:343

5/7th Cavalry in action at Thon La Chu
On 8 February 5/7th Cavalry began moving southwest from PK-17 towards La Chu while 2/12th Cavalry were ordered to retrace their route to form the southern pincer for an attack on the PAVN stronghold.[9]:346 As the 5/7th Cavalry approached Que Chu the command and control helicopter was shot down by anti-aircraft fire, the crew was rescued by a dustoff helicopter. Company B then walked into an ambush north of Que Chu and was pinned down in the open with little cover, they were only able to withdraw after calling in close artillery support. Company D was also engaged by PAVN in the village of Lieu Coc and forced to withdraw. 1/7th Cavalry then dug in to night defensive positions.[9]:347–9 On 9 February 5/7th Cavalry resumed their advance with artillery support from PK-17 and naval gunfire; they overran Lieu Coc finding PAVN bodies and fighting positions. As they moved closer to La Chu, PAVN resistance increased and it was obvious that this was a major PAVN base. 5/7th Cavalry would be stalled north of La Chu for 2 weeks, probing but failing to penetrate the PAVN defenses.[9]:351–2

On 16 February deputy COMUSMACV General Creighton Abrams flew into PK-17 for a meeting with Tolson where Abrams expressed his displeasure at the Cavalry's slow progress. Following this visit two more cavalry battalions (1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment and 2nd Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment) and additional air and artillery support were committed to the attack on La Chu.[9]:475[10]:45

On 21 February following intensive radar-guided airstrikes and artillery strikes, the four Cavalry battalions launched a four-pronged attack from the north, west and south on Que Chu and La Chu. The PAVN strongly defended the perimeter, but once the Cavalry forces broke through with the support of two newly arrived M42 Dusters, they found that the base had been largely abandoned while the Cavalry had been building up their forces for the attack. The Cavalry had finally captured the PAVN's main support base, but were still 8 km from the Citadel.[9]:477–84 The 3rd Brigade would not reach the west wall of the Citadel until 25 February by which time the PAVN-VC had successfully withdrawn from the battlefield.[4]:216 It was estimated that it would have taken at least 16 battalions to establish an effective cordon around Huế, at this time there were only 30 battalions available in all of I Corps.[11]:2

And of course they were well supplied. We were not the marines. We treated our people well. You didn't. Our people were not pawns to be treated with contempt by arrogant assholes. Most of them were draftees. If we started wasting their lives like they were nothing we would have caught the bullet in the back of the head. Fragging was something practiced in the rear by remps. Hand frags, as you surely know, had collateral impacts.

Most F’Up post I’ve ever read on this site. No respect for soldiers who made ultimate sacrifice. No respect for you ever again.
My best friend was killed in that war. How dare you to accuse me of that. Where in that post do you find disrespect for soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice. Not the clown it was posted for, he's still here. I don't want your respect you phuking Trumper!

. Unbelievable!
A journalist. No wonder you survived.

My best friend was killed in that war. How dare you to accuse me of that. Where in that post do you find disrespect for soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice. Not the clown it was posted for, he's still here. I don't want your respect you phuking Trumper!
I said that the marine soldiers were the finest soldiers in the military. I just picked up on your arrogant and narcissistic attitude and said I felt sorry for the marines that were in your command. Apparently you did not have a command; you were a journalist. Now I understand. And you say you are not a liberal, bullshit.

And you just had one best friend killed in the war? You were one of the lucky ones then. Not many vets could say that.

Look it up, the 1st Air Cav saved you from nothing. On the following day, the 2nd Brigade of the 1st Air Cavalry captured the old French fort near Khe Sanh village after a three-day battle. The link-up between the relief force and the Marines at KSCB took place at 08:00 on 8 April, when the 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment entered the camp.[137] The 11th Engineers proclaimed Route 9 open to traffic on 11 April. On that day, Tolson ordered his unit to immediately make preparations for Operation Delaware, an air assault into the A Shau Valley.[136] At 08:00 on 15 April, Operation Pegasus was officially terminated.[138] Total US casualties during the operation were 92 killed, 667 wounded, and five missing. Thirty-three ARVN troops were also killed and 187 were wounded.[139] Because of the close proximity of the enemy and their high concentration, the massive B-52 bombings, tactical airstrikes, and vast use of artillery, PAVN casualties were estimated by MACV as being between 10,000 and 15,000 men.[140]
That must have been something going on somewhere else. That has nothing to do with the siege of the base. I was there and never saw any 1st Air Cav. It went down like I said. We would have been overrun if not for Nixon's threat.

I said that the marine soldiers were the finest soldiers in the military. I just picked up on your arrogant and narcissistic attitude and said I felt sorry for the marines that were in your command. Apparently you did not have a command; you were a journalist. Now I understand. And you say you are not a liberal, bullshit.
I was a photo/journalist and sent from one hot spot to the next. Wherever the action was. I went alone and didn't have anybody to command. When I first got there they sent a journalist and photog out as team but the photogs had high casualty rates so we soon went alone an acted as both. Label me whatever you want. At home, I'm berated for being too conservative by my wife and son. Who cares!

Last edited:
And you just had one best friend killed in the war? You were one of the lucky ones then. Not many vets could say that.
I have had many friends but less than a handful of best friends. Regarding your other story, I had a friend who had his dick cut off and put in his mouth with his head on a stake. It was outside Hue City during the Tet Offensive.

200+ KIA’s at Hue some were Army Wipes and chickenshytes no doubt. Your words not mine.

I have had many friends but less than a handful of best friends. Regarding your other story, I had a friend who had his dick cut off and put in his mouth with his head on a stake. It was outside Hue City during the Tet Offensive.
OK, I am willing to call a cease fire. Just don't ever say again that I am not a combat vet. We can discuss marine and army tactics. But, when you called me a liar about being a combat vet that struck right to the core of my personal history.
I was a Don Quixote type. I came to the rescue of my people who I regarded as equals, no matter what their background was. The first thing that one of my former company commanders said to me at a brigade reunion was: "I remember you. You really stuck up for your men." When I see people being attacked on this board unjustifiably it brings out my ire. If you want that, do that. As far as calling me names there is not much that ticks me off except when you doubt a statement of mine about my personal history. You will notice that this is the first time that I have given out an aspect of my personal history. I don't plan to do it again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT