ADVERTISEMENT

Cuomo is who I am going to follow right now!!! A real leader!!!

That must have been something going on somewhere else. That has nothing to do with the siege of the base. I was there and never saw any 1st Air Cav. It went down like I said. We would have been overrun if not for Nixon's threat.
They opened up the road that allowed you guys to escape. Do you think Nixon would have dropped an atomic bomb on the First Air Cav? I doubt it. Good night.

200+ KIA’s at Hue some were Army Wipes and chickenshytes no doubt. Your words not mine.
I wasn't referring to KIA's. I was referring to one's who were alive and wouldn.t fight. Wehad to go in and save their butts. There were alot of Army troops over their who were worthless in combat and I.m sure there were some who were warriors. However, the only ones I would equate to Marines were the Special Forces.

They opened up the road that allowed you guys to escape. Do you think Nixon would have dropped an atomic bomb on the First Air Cav? I doubt it. Good night.
There was no escape. We couldn't even leave the bunkers except for dashes to the head. We were surrounded by over a battalion of NVA and the incoming never let up. I never saw any 1st Air Cav on that base.

OK, I am willing to call a cease fire. Just don't ever say again that I am not a combat vet. We can discuss marine and army tactics. But, when you called me a liar about being a combat vet that struck right to the core of my personal history.
I was a Don Quixote type. I came to the rescue of my people who I regarded as equals, no matter what their background was. The first thing that one of my former company commanders said to me at a brigade reunion was: "I remember you. You really stuck up for your men." When I see people being attacked on this board unjustifiably it brings out my ire. If you want that, do that. As far as calling me names there is not much that ticks me off except when you doubt a statement of mine about my personal history. You will notice that this is the first time that I have given out an aspect of my personal history. I don't plan to do it again.
I doubt there's many on this board who have been attacked more than me other than CD. He is attacked unmercifully. If you think I attacked that poster the other night unjustifiably, that's your opinion. He posted gibberish and I called him on it and I'll do it again if I feel it's justified.

Bar being low? I stopped reading.
You truly are ignorant!.
The only POS is you for not being objective.
Gonna be a fun 56 months watching you squirm under President Trump!
I’m giddy with excitement
It has a been a fun 3+ years watching him squirm and his TDS take over causing him to create several threads a day crying about Trump.

You keep referring to "you guys". I'm an Ind. not a Dem as are the majority in this country and I don't advocate the policies you are accusing. In fact, I more closely identify with Trump's border and immigration policies. The problem is that I can't stomach the serial lying Buffoon and think he is unfit for office. Anyone anti-Trump you folks equate to "Lib". This is false and you need to understand that. I was a USMC Sgt. and Vietnam vet. I went to Southeast Asia not Canada. Not Lib material. As for China, I believe they are the worlds second largest economy and their artificially inflated yuan is going to implode. This will affect every economy in the world. As I related to you before, I see an imminent severe global downturn to which you disagreed. The virus is the final nail in the coffin. That's my story and I.m sticking to it until proven wrong!
Glad you finally admitted the virus is the driver.

Please share if Governor Cuomo is your defacto president right now. I listen to his press conferences. I don't want to watch some fkn clown lie to me about all the available mask and respirators and fight with people asking questions while he calls it the Chinese Virus....probably ending up in some chinese american getting bullied by some lame redneck loser. Sorry, I have better things to watch.
Little cd you are truly a triggered dumbass. At a time like this ? You are the racist clown with no credibility at all

The fact that you think I give a shit what people I have zero respect here think about me in and of its self honestly should say everything. I don't want or need anything from the likes of people like yourself and the rest of them chip toothed Hyenas. You can all kiss my ass in the Maceys window. I don't need people like you to try to give me anything.

Cuomo is a real leader and he doesn't lie to my face. If you have a problem with that I couldnt' care less. Spread the word.....lmao
Triggered Dumbass

Our response to this crisis has been embarrassing......and thank God there are other people to fill the leadership voids left in some areas.....but this is abysmal and I am not putting a suit and tie on it. People are needlessly dying no matter how threads where people just don't give a shit other Americans are dying go up and/or Chinese Americans are getting bullied. I give a shit.

It reminds me of how these people feel about guns. They say self serving stupid ridiculous shit like "Well, you have the same odds of a refrigerator falling on you and killing you so what's the problem?"

See, the problem is none of these people have any respect or empathy for anyone. They are void of Morals and only care about how to get more money. I just don't respect it and never will...and assure you they will be the destruction of this country. I just never thought I would still be around to see it. Hopefully, people wake the hell up and stop cucking for Money. We need things in place readily to thwart this kind of epidemic but these people don't want to pay taxes and will fight to the death to kill any government agency they see no immediate value in.
You and the slimy Chinese are what’s wrong with America.

There was no escape. We couldn't even leave the bunkers except for dashes to the head. We were surrounded by over a battalion of NVA and the incoming never let up. I never saw any 1st Air Cav on that base.
A battalion of NVA had, at most, 555 men.

I wasn't referring to KIA's. I was referring to one's who were alive and wouldn.t fight. Wehad to go in and save their butts. There were alot of Army troops over their who were worthless in combat and I.m sure there were some who were warriors. However, the only ones I would equate to Marines were the Special Forces.
They pulled the marines off of the DMZ in 69 and, basically out of I Corp in early 70. Somehow we non warriors in the Army kept the NVA on the defensive and off of the DMZ for two years without the Marines.
Special forces? They operated in groups of 20 to 100. And I never heard of them being surrounded by a mere battalion. The LRPS were the best we had. They would operate in groups of a half dozen or so. I believe the Marines had an equivalent unit,
After you left no more fix bayonets and charge using WWI strategy. Lots of night ambushes and smart tactics.

Last edited:
Reactions: utatem and majus12
Our incompetent Army commander, Westmoreland, put the Marines in there. Abrams, our competent, Army Commander replaced him. He would not have tolerated a stand fast, WWI type of Defensive stand. He used the 1st Cav to open up the road allowing you guys to get out. No way he would have tolerated putting more troops into that loser position.
Abrams was so superior to Westmoreland, that you never read about him, or how the Army was doing in 70 or 71. You probably have never even heard his name until I brought it up just now. Unfortunately he died from cancer way before his time. He was great.
The Marines also had a superior General. I forgot his name. He told Westmoreland how stupid his strategy in Vietnam was and how stupid it was to put the Marines into Khe Sahn. After you guys left, Abrams adopted a lot of your General's ideas. Consequently we did more with less troops.

The fact that you think I give a shit what people I have zero respect here think about me in and of its self honestly should say everything. I don't want or need anything from the likes of people like yourself and the rest of them chip toothed Hyenas. You can all kiss my ass in the Maceys window. I don't need people like you to try to give me anything.

Cuomo is a real leader and he doesn't lie to my face. If you have a problem with that I couldnt' care less. Spread the word.....lmao
You definitely give a shit, about what I, & other Trumpers think, OTHERWISE you would post or more importantly REPLY.

It would be nice if this were true. Unfortunately, all the reporting suggests protracted delays in taking the virus serious for fear of disturbing the stock market. Look where that got us now.
“All the reporting”? ... from msn,cnn, wasp post, nyt,
LMAO at how inconceivably small minded you are!

You definitely give a shit, about what I, & other Trumpers think, OTHERWISE you would post or more importantly REPLY.
LMAO.... please don't confuse my incessant need to trash POS Trump with giving a crap about any of you!

LMAO.... please don't confuse my incessant need to trash POS Trump with giving a crap about any of you!
Then stop posting, how naive can you possibly be with yourself???
You constantly respond to posts commenting on your comments!!
That shows specifically that you care OR you wouldnt respond cd.
We all care to some degree, or no responses would be necessary. It’s called a discussion.

Reactions: lima23
They dont talk economics, AND they are opinion shows
Alex Jones has ZERO, NADA 0, to do with Fox or Trumpers
This is what the don’t understand, Hannity portrays himself as a biased, conservative taking head, not a news source, while the Lemons, Cuomos, etc claim to be unbiased news sources.

Last edited:
The address the original point - we are looking at significant recession as a result of all of this. Do you disagree ?
NO!!!!!!!!! There will/is a temporary recession. Life as we know it has changed.
The entire world’s economy has been affected by Covid 19, however the USA, with the most vibrant economy, can weather this BETTER than any other country.
Listen this situation sucks, H1N1 was far more serious than this, however Trump wasnt President, so it didnt become political.
Don’t you see that pointing fingers @ the Admin/Trump is pure theatrics?

NO!!!!!!!!! There will/is a temporary recession. Life as we know it has changed.
The entire world’s economy has been affected by Covid 19, however the USA, with the most vibrant economy, can weather this BETTER than any other country.
Listen this situation sucks, H1N1 was far more serious than this, however Trump wasnt President, so it didnt become political.
Don’t you see that pointing fingers @ the Admin/Trump is pure theatrics?

Here's why its far worse than previously expected.

1. The three most heavily affected areas - the US, Eurozone, and China - comprise over 50% of global GDP. If you include other parts Asia (Japan, Korea etc), along with Australia, New Zealand, and other relevant economies such as Brazil, Russia, South Africa and others - we are now looking at about 80-90% of global GDP affected.

2. Since economies are almost all interdependent on one another via supply chains, import/export agreements, it will affect the entire globe, but mostly the biggest economies since they have the most to lose.

3. US unemployment is expected to soar from about 3% to 20-30%, which would be closer to a depression than a recession. Every major industry would be affected by this, and there's little indication that corporate bailouts will be enough to keep every company in every major sector from going out of business.

When you combine each of these factors, we are looking at a long time before we see any sort of recovery - possibly not until late 2021 or early 2022.

The travel ban had nothing to do with the virus so what are you even talking about. You are conflating two issues. HE was banning muslims....so now you are acting like this was about the virus.

Your need to defend nonsense surpasses your need to know the truth.
Here's all you need to know about this guy.

Reactions: mahb
A battalion of NVA had, at most, 555 men.
I just researched it and found that the number of Communist forces killed in the battle of Khe Sahn would reach around 10,000 compared to fewer than 500 Marines KIA. Look it up!

A journalist. No wonder you survived.
I would go on an operation with an Infantry Unit and when it was done, they went back to the base and I went to the next hot spot. I was involved in more operations than any grunt.

I just researched it and found that the number of Communist forces killed in the battle of Khe Sahn would reach around 10,000 compared to fewer than 500 Marines KIA. Look it up!
B52 bombing. Later the NVA pulled off of the position. And, if you know ANYTHING about actual combat in Vietnam you would know that body counts were fabricated. Hate to say it, but I did it myself to avoid my troops chasing body trails thus unnecessarily putting them in danger. Our rule of thumb to get artillery support was to say if it was a sniper, it was reported as a squad. If a squad it was a platoon. If a platoon it was a company.
The time I took over as a commander commander when my C.O had a nervous breakdown, we were deployed against over a thousand. That was approximately 100 men against at least two battalions. Tell the truth I don't know how many of those bastards were in there. I asked one of my sergeants a couple of years ago how many? He said a shit load.
They kicked our asses, but they did not kick the Air Force's asses. We did not have B52s like you guys did, but those fighter bombers with naplam and 500 pound bombs worked just fine. In fact those might have been Marine pilots.
In any case I figure the one Star General I encountered after our asses were kicked most have told that LTC GIVE THAT BOY AN AIRSTRIKE. To him I owe my life. I forgot how many KIA I called in. I am sure it was as least a shitload and probably more.

I would go on an operation with an Infantry Unit and when it was done, they went back to the base and I went to the next hot spot. I was involved in more operations than any grunt.
As a journalist. And you know that platoon leaders, company commanders and helicopter pilots were the most dangerous jobs in Vietnam.

Our incompetent Army commander, Westmoreland, put the Marines in there. Abrams, our competent, Army Commander replaced him. He would not have tolerated a stand fast, WWI type of Defensive stand. He used the 1st Cav to open up the road allowing you guys to get out. No way he would have tolerated putting more troops into that loser position.
Abrams was so superior to Westmoreland, that you never read about him, or how the Army was doing in 70 or 71. You probably have never even heard his name until I brought it up just now. Unfortunately he died from cancer way before his time. He was great.
The Marines also had a superior General. I forgot his name. He told Westmoreland how stupid his strategy in Vietnam was and how stupid it was to put the Marines into Khe Sahn. After you guys left, Abrams adopted a lot of your General's ideas. Consequently we did more with less troops.
I just researched that also and it stated that Westmoreland ordered Operation Pegasus, a joint Army, Marine and ARVN ground advance that relieved the base and ended the siege by mid April after 77 days.

As a journalist. And you know that platoon leaders, company commanders and helicopter pilots were the most dangerous jobs in Vietnam.
The highestn casualty rates were helicopter pilots. Photogs were third. An interesting sidenote= My best friend in the Corps, Capt Dale Dye, wrote "Platoon" and "Joker" the main character in "Full Metal Jacket" was based on him.

Last edited:
The highestn casualty rates were helicopter pilots. Photogs were third.
OFFICER CASUALTIES

The training for American officers is thought by most foreign military authorities to be the best in the world. With few exceptions, almost all of the 6,600 commissioned officers who died in Vietnam were graduates of the service academies, college Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC), or the Officer Candidate School (OCS) programs. The major service academies and other military colleges provided close to 900 of the Vietnam officer casualties: the U.S. Military Academy, 278; the U.S. Air Force Academy, 205; the U.S. Naval Academy, 130; Texas A & M, 112; The Citadel, 66; Virginia Military Institute, 43; Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 26; Norwich University, 19.

ARMY AND MARINE OFFICER CASUALTIES BY RANK AND AGE

Officer casualties in Vietnam, including warrant officers, numbered 7,874, or 13.5 percent of all casualties. The Army lost the greatest number of officers – 4,635 or 59 percent of all officer casualties. Ninety-one percent of these Army officers were warrant officers, second lieutenants, first lieutenants or captains. This was a reflection of the role of warrant officers as helicopter pilots (of the 1,277 warrant officer casualties, 95 percent were Army helicopter pilots), and of the young lieutenants and captains as combat platoon leaders or company commanders.

The same profile holds true for the Marine Corps, where 87 percent of all officer casualties (821 of 938) were warrant officers, lieutenants or captains. Army and Marine officer casualties were also quite young. Fully 50 percent were in the 17- to 24-year age group, and astonishingly, there were 764 Army officer casualties who were 21 or younger.

I just researched that also and it stated that Westmoreland ordered Operation Pegasus, a joint Army, Marine and ARVN ground advance that relieved the base and ended the siege by mid April after 77 days.
Abrams was de facto commander from 67. Westmoreland just couldn't cut it. He was put in, despite a mediocre Army career because the Democrats knew they could use him as a yes boy. The marines were relieved by a combined force consisting mainly of the 1st Air Cav. They opened the road so that you could escape... but, no gratitude from you .

He next served five years in Vietnam. In April 1967 Abrams, by then a four-star general and vice chief of staff of the army, was named deputy to Gen. William Westmoreland, head of the U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam. On July 2, 1968, after Westmoreland was appointed army chief of staff, Abrams succeeded him as top commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theatre. In this position he implemented the Vietnamization policy of Pres. Richard M. Nixon, overseeing a reduction of U.S. combat troops from more than 500,000 to fewer than 30,000 and also directing an intensive training program for the army of South Vietnam. To give time for Vietnamization to succeed, he was put in charge of the U.S.–South Vietnamese incursions into Cambodia and Laos in 1970–71. In 1972 he succeeded Westmoreland once again, becoming army chief of staff in Washington, D.C. In that role he wrestled with the mounting antimilitary backlash prevalent at the end of the Vietnam War and began to implement the transition to an all-volunteer force.

Westmoreland decision to invest Khe Sahn reminds me of the foolish French decision to invest Dien Bien Phu. Note the reference to the Marine General who thought the decision was stupid.
decision then had to be made by the American high command: either commit more of the limited manpower in I Corps to the defense of Khe Sanh or abandon the base.[44][Note 3] Westmoreland regarded this choice as quite simple. In his memoirs, he listed the reasons for a continued effort

Khe Sanh could serve as a patrol base for blocking enemy infiltration from Laos along Route 9; as a base for SOG operations to harass the enemy in Laos; as an airstrip for reconnaissance planes surveying the Ho Chi Minh Trail; as the western anchor for defenses south of the DMZ; and as an eventual jump-off point for ground operations to cut the Ho Chi Minh Trail.[45][Note 4]

Leading Marine officers, however, were not all of the same opinion. Cushman, the new III MAF commander, supported Westmoreland (perhaps wanting to mend Army/Marine relations after the departure of Walt).[48] Other concerns raised included the assertion that the real danger to I Corps was from a direct threat to Quảng Trị City and other urban areas; that a defense would be pointless as a threat to infiltration, since PAVN troops could easily bypass Khe Sanh; that the base was too isolated and that the Marines "had neither the helicopter resources, the troops, nor the logistical bases for such operations". Additionally, Shore argues that the "weather was another critical factor because the poor visibility and low overcasts attendant to the monsoon season made such operations hazardous."[49] Brigadier General Lowell English (assistant commander 3rd Marine Division) complained that the defense of the isolated outpost was ludicrous. "When you're at Khe Sanh, you're not really anywhere. You could lose it and you really haven't lost a damn thing."[50]

As far as Westmoreland was concerned, however, all he needed to know was that the PAVN had massed large numbers of troops for a set-piece battle. Making the prospect even more enticing was that the base was in an unpopulated area where American firepower could be fully employed without civilian casualties. The opportunity to engage and destroy a formerly elusive enemy that was moving toward a fixed position promised a victory of unprecedented proportions.[50]

So quote it on here, show where it came from or STFU
"Produced no evidence"? He said it in front of the whole world at the G-20 Summit in Helsinki! You're delusional!
please shoes us the specific quote you refer to!
I and the rest of us will be waiting..
Pffft you can’t/won’t provide it, because it didn't happen. Keep watching your sex fantasy Rachel Maddow, for ur simple small mind

Reactions: CaneBandit
I can appreciate real conservatives who genuinely care about the country. They are unfortunately too few and far between these days since most have sold out to a guy who has given more money to the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and other prominent Dems than anyone. He's not a Republican and is simply piggybacking on the Republican party to get to where he wants to be. To Trump, everyone is either a roadblock or a stepping stone, and just as he's done to everyone he's ever done business with - he will eventually lead the Republican party off of a political cliff.

As for your comment about Dems being fascists -

These are the 14 core characteristics of fascism by Dr. Lawrence Britt. Most of them are directly in sync with Trump's actions. So at the end of the day, there's only one side that is flirting with fascism.

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.

2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.

3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.

4. Supremacy of the Military - Even when there are widespread
domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.

5. Rampant Sexism - The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are suppressed and the state is represented as the ultimate guardian of the family institution.

6. Controlled Mass Media - Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.

7. Obsession with National Security - Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.

8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions.

9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.

10. Labor Power is Suppressed - Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.

11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.

14. Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
Pfffft
CHOKE on the FACT
Trump is President
TIL
LMAO @ YOU!!!!!

You could say this yes, with the obvious caveat that on Socialists, you're referring to actual socialists such as what one might find in Cuba, Venezuela and a few other places, and not Democratic socialists such as what a majority of Europe is democratically governed by.
Nice try Raoul, tell us in your own words, the difference do socialists between who you mentioned and the Democrats.
I and the board are waiting................
Ignorance is not bliss
Pffft

Your need to defend Donald Trump far surpasses your need for the truth. His own intelligence agencies warned him. Read the Fox link....
https://fox40.com/news/political-co...-february-as-he-dismissed-coronavirus-threat/
U are becoming a bigger total ass than ever.
Still LMAO @ you, saying you don't care about our opinions, yet you continue to vomit nonsensical dem talking points dribble in RESPONSE, to those opinion you allegedly DON’T care about !!!!!!!!

Reactions: CaneBandit
ADVERTISEMENT