ADVERTISEMENT

Curious thoughts school closures minorities and the poor

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Regardless of race do you have any idea how harmful these school closures are to the poor, working poor, minorities? Many already find themselves in failing schools. Now closed down mainly Blue states. NYC positivity rate 3% schools closed. Wealthier kids forming tutoring groups, private educators, private schools open, have all the shiny latest technology. These kids are being harmed significantly I don't care what side of the aisle you are on it's wrong.

Regardless of race do you have any idea how harmful these school closures are to the poor, working poor, minorities? Many already find themselves in failing schools. Now closed down mainly Blue states. NYC positivity rate 3% schools closed. Wealthier kids forming tutoring groups, private educators, private schools open, have all the shiny latest technology. These kids are being harmed significantly I don't care what side of the aisle you are on it's wrong.

These MFkers don’t give a shit about anything except controlling ur lives..
They are so arrogant as to tell u they know whats better for ur family.

People better start rising up or they will lose god given rights..

If ur on either isle this should be very concerning...

You have decisions made by the worst Mayor in modern times for
N.Y.C. The Governor is right there with him. How can you take the Govenor's decisions seriously after all the nursing home Covid 19 deaths he was responsible for! Sad for the people of N.Y., Black and White.

It's only temporary. We have a international health crisis right now that is out of control in this country.

Kids need to be school. I have family members who are teachers and the virtual learning doesn’t work for most. Where they work the students and staff all wear masks and it’s working very well. To revert back to virtual is moronic.

1 year for these kids who already attend failing schools and many will never recover CD.

CD clearly doesn’t have kids. 1 year for kids who are already not proficient and at expected levels for their age group is a lifelong setback.

1 year for these kids who already attend failing schools and many will never recover CD.
They will be alive. When who they pass COVID on someone...... they won't. If that person is elderly or has pre existing conditions.

Why don’t we just mix all the public school kids in with the private schools. School choice right. See how that works.

Failing schools 🙄. Not all public schools are bad. Get a clue.
Excellent point! Thanks for raising it and I appreciate you raising this point because I went to one of the best public school systems in the country. 100 percent graduation rate and 70% of us went to college. People think public school and have some preconceived notions that are not true at all. My son went to a great one too and graduated about 5 years ago here in GA. Best public school system in the state.

Reactions: gdowning70
It's only temporary. We have a international health crisis right now that is out of control in this country.

Hey dumb-ass we still have rights..!!!! Who the fucck is the gov to tell me im only allowed to have x amount of family at my dinner table..

fucck that I’m inviting 40 people to thanks giving ...!!!! Try and come into my home and you’ll have 40 Cubans rising up..

My kids haven't missed a day of school, implemented rational measures, everybody happy, no one hurt, zero... but then again it's a private school with smart honest people running it.

Private schools with smart honest people 🤣🤣🤣🤣 it’s a for profit business.

Reactions: cems52
There are quite a few profits being made from the public school system as well.

Illiteracy comes public schools where Unions are protecting teachers that are failing kids when they should be fired..

You wont get that from private or chatter. schools those teachers are held to a high standard...

They will be alive. When who they pass COVID on someone...... they won't. If that person is elderly or has pre existing conditions.
But that elderly person is probably a grandparent who would rather see their grandchildren and risk dying than live one day in isolation.

Especially terrible for 15 and 16 year old kids that are already struggling they’ll just drop out

But that elderly person is probably a grandparent who would rather see their grandchildren and risk dying than live one day in isolation.
54 Million people have pre existing conditions in this country and they are dying too. Let's not dismiss those people. They aren't necessarily elderly that's for one. Secondly, I don't think you know what you are talking about. Nobody wants to die. That's kind of ridiculous. The idea anyone wants to die is just wrong. People want to live their lives. They have worked hard all their lives and for you to come here and act like hey, these people really would want to die for some cause it just unbelievable.

Also, people dropping out of school is not the end of the world. You can always g o back to school. So what?

54 Million people have pre existing conditions in this country and they are dying too. Let's not dismiss those people. They aren't necessarily elderly that's for one. Secondly, I don't think you know what you are talking about. Nobody wants to die. That's kind of ridiculous. The idea anyone wants to die is just wrong. People want to live their lives. They have worked hard all their lives and for you to come here and act like hey, these people really would want to die for some cause it just unbelievable.

Also, people dropping out of school is not the end of the world. You can always g o back to school. So what?
CD, death is a forgone conclusion. As YOU said, people want to live their lives. To the elderly, that's interaction with loved ones, not adhering to some politicians mandate. Isolation doesn't extend life but rather it hastens death. But if you want to stay holed up in your house, then that's your choice.

Exactly. You fascists that are afraid of your own shadow have ruined enough. If you want to live under your bed go right ahead. The rest of us want to live our lives.
WTF are you talking about. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! Listen to our experts.....FREEDOM ISN'T FREE! Stop looking to avoid sacrifice. You get to live your lives if you make all the sacrifices.

CD, death is a forgone conclusion. As YOU said, people want to live their lives. To the elderly, that's interaction with loved ones, not adhering to some politicians mandate. Isolation doesn't extend life but rather it hastens death. But if you want to stay holed up in your house, then that's your choice.

Listen if you are so self indulgent you don't follow rules or mandates then you shouldn't be living in a civilized world. That's what it requires. Following rules. You take anything we enjoy in life....it has rules. A football game has rules. Being a canesport member has rules. You don't think there are going to be rules when there is a deadly virus killing people? Mandates in order for everything to work the right way.

You live your life when you follow the rules. That isn't going to change. IT doesn't matter what politician is there. You are going to be required to follow rules and if you don't like it then you should not be part of a civilization.

Nobody "wants to stay in the house" WTF is the matter with people like you? Do you think we enjoy rules, mandates and staying in the house? No, we don't. We do it because we are willing to make the sacrifice to have our freedoms. You think freedom is free. IT ISN'T! People made sacrifices for you. Have some respect!

Last edited:
It's great to see you Republicans so concerned about the welfare of minorities. Too bad such concern wasn't conveyed when Trump caged Latino kids.

Excellent point! Thanks for raising it and I appreciate you raising this point because I went to one of the best public school systems in the country. 100 percent graduation rate and 70% of us went to college. People think public school and have some preconceived notions that are not true at all. My son went to a great one too and graduated about 5 years ago here in GA. Best public school system in the state.
You’d never f’ing know it

Illiteracy comes public schools where Unions are protecting teachers that are failing kids when they should be fired..

You wont get that from private or chatter. schools those teachers are held to a high standard...

Obviously you are absolutely clueless about public and private schools. Go back to you conspiracies

I do know to cut the mentally challenged a break so carry on with your great sacrifices. We can trade war stories someday. Lol
People are dying and I don't find it funny. You talking about trading war stories? Like you have something up on me because you are in the infantry? I assure you that you don't.

Lives are more important than a kid dropping out of high school is the point.
Smh that Rt there explains everything... l”listen to the science listen to the science “ ... the science says safest place for kids and teenagers is in school. For a party that is supposed to be “WOKE” you guys are sleep walking....no more from me

Reactions: central17
So narrow minded. The kids can get Covid at the park, grocery store, friends house. Sorry CD but you are the typical lefty claiming to follow the science but only following fear.

So narrow minded. The kids can get Covid at the park, grocery store, friends house. Sorry CD but you are the typical lefty claiming to follow the science but only following fear.

Absolutely nothing to do with the point. You can control where kids go. Putting your head in the sand isn't going to help. Addressing the problem helps. You limit whos house and how many your kid goes to. Same as any park....and following science isn't following fear. Not following it is actually following fear. It is responding to problems by putting your head in the sand and acting like they aren't there. We are almost at a 300,000 death toll. These are real people and real families dealing with death alone. It isn't fear. It is reality.

Obviously you are absolutely clueless about public and private schools. Go back to you conspiracies

Thats why all public schools testing is under achieving private schools..

I see u went to public school u Dumb-Ass..

Why even argue with these dumb-asses ... Beginning with CD & Cems... Clown Show..

School choice is a RED idea. Dems want nothing to do with that idea. They like to keep people down.

I disagree with some of that, just because I have a lot of family that are teachers but that doesn’t mean there aren’t problems with public education and private. I honestly think there should be a complete change in education but that is for another day. 👍

Thats why all public schools testing is under achieving private schools..

I see u went to public school u Dumb-Ass..

Nice response bud. Yes I did go to a public school and am very successful. Oh you just proved my point you are clueless. Of course public school testing is lower. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 great observation. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT