ADVERTISEMENT

Damn! RIP Eddie Van Halen.........

dorsey2005

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
Not sure there will ever be another guitar player that has such an impact on the instrument, and music, like he did. I still remember hearing the first record when I was 4 years old and knowing then it was something different and special.

Van Halen went on to change music and 1000 versions of their band tried to copy their formula. Van Halen was ultra popular in large part because of the tone EVH got. As a guitar player that has played the majority of my life it's a sad day to see one of my guitar heroes pass.

RIp Eddie. Besides his guitar he married a girl everybody was in love with. Valerie, Natalie Wood, Marilyn. There is just certain women every guy falls in love with. He got one of them.

Last edited:
Glad I got to see him a couple of years ago when they toured with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. David Lee Roth was with him and his son Wolfgang was playing bass. Caught one of Wolfies guitar picks. Sad day for music. RIP Eddie.

Reactions: grbcane
XM027 had the VH fest today, great stuff. Got to see them my junior and senior years in HS at the Hollywood Sportatorium. Best life experience ever up to that point, except for sex of course.

Reactions: grbcane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT