ADVERTISEMENT

Demings is throwing her hat in to run

El Cubano

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2020
for Rubio senate seat… Apparently she backed off running for Gov. against DeSantis..

She has a better shot running for dog catcher than going against Rubio

Latinos will over whelming vote for Rubio
thats a huge task .
Latino population in Florida is over 5 Mil thats 27% of the population in Florida.

Dems are getting desperate.. Say good bye to the senate & Casa…

Charlie Crist rerunning as a Dem makes me LOL
Charlie was a Democrat before he was a Republican, before he was a Democrat, before he was Conservative before he was Liberal before he was for the death penalty before he was against the death penalty, before,,,,,. But he is consistent about always having a nice tan and perfect hair. He is truly a good guy; that is someone you can have a beer with and talk sports. And if you don't like his politics, don't worry they will change.

Last edited:
for Rubio senate seat… Apparently she backed off running for Gov. against DeSantis..

She has a better shot running for dog catcher than going against Rubio

Latinos will over whelming vote for Rubio
thats a huge task .
Latino population in Florida is over 5 Mil thats 27% of the population in Florida.

Dems are getting desperate.. Say good bye to the senate & Casa…

The Latino population is diverse. In 2018 the group that self identifies as Latino voted 54%-46% Dem. I think Rubio easily wins the Cuban vote. I think you underestimate Demmings support on the I-4 corridor with the Puerto Rican community.

This race will come down to whether Rubio will be embraced or rejected by the Florida Panhandle Trump supporter. Given his rocky relationship with 45 and his relatively centrist views, he's going to have to take a hard turn to the right to get the support; if he wins the panhandle, he wins this race.

Val will need to play up on her bonafides. As a former lifelong cop and top sheriff of one of the biggest squads in Florida, she's immune from some of the political attacks that have been so effective. Whether you agree or disagree with her personally, you have to concede she put it on the line for her community. She was the Chief of Police, her husband was Chief of Police and is currently the Orange County Mayor. Her policies aren't "Bernie or AOC" friendly, in fact they think she's too right.

I don't expect many here will be objective. I also don't think its likely Rubio loses. i just don't believe that "Latino" is a phrase that captures a monolith. This is the thinking of Democrats and it cost them dearly.

The Latino population is diverse. In 2018 the group that self identifies as Latino voted 54%-46% Dem. I think Rubio easily wins the Cuban vote. I think you underestimate Demmings support on the I-4 corridor with the Puerto Rican community.

This race will come down to whether Rubio will be embraced or rejected by the Florida Panhandle Trump supporter. Given his rocky relationship with 45 and his relatively centrist views, he's going to have to take a hard turn to the right to get the support; if he wins the panhandle, he wins this race.

Val will need to play up on her bonafides. As a former lifelong cop and top sheriff of one of the biggest squads in Florida, she's immune from some of the political attacks that have been so effective. Whether you agree or disagree with her personally, you have to concede she put it on the line for her community. She was the Chief of Police, her husband was Chief of Police and is currently the Orange County Mayor. Her policies aren't "Bernie or AOC" friendly, in fact they think she's too right.

I don't expect many here will be objective. I also don't think its likely Rubio loses. i just don't believe that "Latino" is a phrase that captures a monolith. This is the thinking of Democrats and it cost them dearly.
North Florida, with the exception of Leon and Alachua Counties will help Marco. I-4 Corridor will be interesting with an Orlando candidate on that Ballot.

I'm still not convinced Charlie makes it out of what still looks like a tough primary. He's giving up a safe seat to climb another rung, but that's just him. He's been running for an office since high school. An earlier description of him is spot on. I've known him for 30 years. My wife grew up with him and his sisters. Dad was our family physician, a real gentleman.

Reactions: central17
North Florida, with the exception of Leon and Alachua Counties will help Marco. I-4 Corridor will be interesting with an Orlando candidate on that Ballot.

I'm still not convinced Charlie makes it out of what still looks like a tough primary. He's giving up a safe seat to climb another rung, but that's just him. He's been running for an office since high school. An earlier description of him is spot on. I've known him for 30 years. My wife grew up with him and his sisters. Dad was our family physician, a real gentleman.

I voted for Rubio and supported his career until he stabbed Judge Thomas in the back, then I saw him for what he was, typical politician. Crist makes Rubio look like a stalwart. Dude was feckless as governor and isn't a centrist so much as an opportunist. Not my cup of tea. Bush was the best governor we've had since Graham but I'd take the current governor, sycophancy be damned over Cris or Senator Medicare Fraud.

Reactions: JCR Cane
Charlie was a Democrat before he was a Republican, before he was a Democrat, before he was Conservative before he was Liberal before he was for the death penalty before he was against the death penalty, before,,,,,. But he is consistent about always having a nice tan and perfect hair. He is truly a good guy; that is someone you can have a beer with and talk sports. And if you don't like his politics, don't worry they will change.
I thought that 🤡🤡🤡🤡 was dead…

I voted for Rubio and supported his career until he stabbed Judge Thomas in the back, then I saw him for what he was, typical politician. Crist makes Rubio look like a stalwart. Dude was feckless as governor and isn't a centrist so much as an opportunist. Not my cup of tea. Bush was the best governor we've had since Graham but I'd take the current governor, sycophancy be damned over Cris or Senator Medicare Fraud.
They are all typical politicians these days ( left and right )... anyone who thinks they give a rats ass about. Thee constituents , is greatly misled .. sad times ...

Reactions: ellu

I fully believe that Val Deming in her heart supports the police. The problem is she will have lost all credibility on the subject in a statewide Senate election. Republican's will only have to pull her congressional voting record. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am 99% sure that she has voted with and will continue to vote with Pelosi on any law enforcement issue. And it will be pointed out that she has not had the courage to call out AOC, Omar, Talib, etc. and tell them to "shut up". Rubio will paint her as a Pelosi puppet who would would just be a Shumer puppet in the Senate. IMO Val Deming is an honorable person that would propably vote differently on a lot of things if she were allowed to by the DNC. But she is not allowed to as a Congress person and would not as a Senator. Rubio will win because he can point to a voting record that is consistent with more Florida voters values.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT