ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats want MLB and Masters to move over new voting rules Georgia

What's wrong with my wife bringing me H2O while standing in a line to vote on a hot day? What are you people afraid of?
Nothing. I assume she will be voting with you. What is wrong is someone bringing you refreshments and then telling people in line who to vote for. Now in Florida we have VERY strict rules on campaigning outside polls as do most States so as not to influence or harass voters. Again, the law states that the polls in Georgia must have SELF SERVICE water available so that should be good

Nothing. I assume she will be voting with you. What is wrong is someone bringing you refreshments and then telling people in line who to vote for. Now in Florida we have VERY strict rules on campaigning outside polls as do most States so as not to influence or harass voters. Again, the law states that the polls in Georgia must have SELF SERVICE water available so that should be good
The KKK, Antifa, Proud Boys and BLM all distributing water in a voting line. What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: grbcane
The KKK, Antifa, Proud Boys and BLM all distributing water in a voting line. What could possibly go wrong?
BLM protest. You can't put one dead body on a BLM protest. You only want to. That's the directive you have by the people you follow because all the white supremacists groups have actual body's and criminal charges.

BLM protest. You can't put one dead body on a BLM protest. You only want to. That's the directive you have by the people you follow because all the white supremacists groups have actual body's and criminal charges.

I am not surprised you are too obtuse to understand the statement and the point of keeping the sanctity of the poling place. .

I am not surprised you are too obtuse to understand the statement and the point of keeping the sanctity of the poling place. .
Guess this means you can't.

Keeping the sanctity of the polling place? WTF are you talking about? BLM protest the loss of Black Lives due to inequality in the justice system.

If you want sanctity at the polling place then you make sure I don't have to stand in the hot sun 8 hours.BLM has nothing to do with that.

Guess this means you can't.

Keeping the sanctity of the polling place? WTF are you talking about? BLM protest the loss of Black Lives due to inequality in the justice system.

If you want sanctity at the polling place then you make sure I don't have to stand in the hot sun 8 hours.BLM has nothing to do with that.
CD,
You wrote:

Wikipedia facts indicate otherwise:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests
There have been deaths and violence at a small % of BLM protests. Whether BLM was directly responsible or not is not the issue. This is not a discussion about BLM, it is a discussion about Georgia's voting laws. No one is going to get arrested for bringing their friend a bottle of water. The regulation is intended to keep advocacy groups from harassing voters or creating trouble at a polling place. Right or wrong a little grandmother might be intimidated by large men wearing Proud Boys, BLM, KKK or Antifa garb. She might become fearful and leave the polls. And certainly members of all of the above groups and many more might become a little aggressive in espousing their particuliar political viewpoints. No need to have a kind soul bring a bottle of water to a thirsty voter then shove a picture of an aborted fetus in their face. Voting should be 100% free of any of that. Only a few and random cases of voter intimidation are far too many. One is far too many. Would you agree with that statement?.

The is why the State of Georgia is wisely attempting to keep the polling places free of any intimidation or offers of undue benefits; regardless of the stated "Good and only pure Intentions" of the advocacy groups. The water issue is a red herring and simply false. .

CD,
You wrote:

Wikipedia facts indicate otherwise:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests
There have been deaths and violence at a small % of BLM protests. Whether BLM was directly responsible or not is not the issue. This is not a discussion about BLM, it is a discussion about Georgia's voting laws. No one is going to get arrested for bringing their friend a bottle of water. The regulation is intended to keep advocacy groups from harassing voters or creating trouble at a polling place. Right or wrong a little grandmother might be intimidated by large men wearing Proud Boys, BLM, KKK or Antifa garb. She might become fearful and leave the polls. And certainly members of all of the above groups and many more might become a little aggressive in espousing their particuliar political viewpoints. No need to have a kind soul bring a bottle of water to a thirsty voter then shove a picture of an aborted fetus in their face. Voting should be 100% free of any of that. Only a few and random cases of voter intimidation are far too many. One is far too many. Would you agree with that statement?.

The is why the State of Georgia is wisely attempting to keep the polling places free of any intimidation or offers of undue benefits; regardless of the stated "Good and only pure Intentions" of the advocacy groups. The water issue is a red herring and simply false. .
Whether BLM is responsible for deaths or not is not the issue? I am not reading beyond that. This is completely ridiculous. It implies I should hold BLM accountable for deaths they are not even responsible for. Is there a new kind of crack cocaine on the market you are smoking?

That's like me telling you that it's no issue you showed up at a concert and people died. You are still accountable since you decided to go. That's stupid on steroids. Quit trying to associate BLM with nonsense they have nothing to do with.

Reactions: hawaiian cane
So passing out water at the polls is a crime??? This is an apparent theory that this could somehow corruptly influence voters. Here's an idea: Make it a crime to force people to wait in long lines to exercise their right to vote.
As a law suit filed by voting rights groups to challenge the Georgia law noted, polling places in majority- Black neighborhoods make up just 1/3 of of Georgia polling places, but accounts for 2/3 of those that had to stay open late to accommodate long lines in the June primary. According to the suit "the average wait time in Georgia after the polls were scheduled to close was 6 minutes in neighborhoods that were at least 90% white and 51 minutes in places that were at least 90% non white."
These new restrictions are a detriment to Black voters, who tend to have less access to acceptable forms of identification, have jobs that make it harder to get to the polls during business hours and live in neighborhoods with fewer polling places and longer lines.
Another example of repubs putting their thumb on the scale, trying to move the needle.

Self service water? Will there be someone there to sanitize the cooler/ refrigerator after each person handles it??? Will there be enough sanitizing/disinfecting supplies on hand??? No one knows how long COVID-19 and/or its variants will be around. Obviously whoever is assigned to do this task will need to work in shifts. I would not want to be that person who does the cleaning because I would be exposing myself to the Virus. Then again Gov Kemp may be contradicting himself if he rolls back emergency mandates. Is it a repub thing??? You bet

Wrong!! My wife doesn't vote with me. I can't remember the last time we voted together. Your right wing paranoia is getting outrageous. Now you're convinced voters will start selling their vote for a bottle of water. What next? No kissing in line for fear of someone selling their vote for a little tongue action? You people are ridiculous.

Wrong!! My wife doesn't vote with me. I can't remember the last time we voted together. Your right wing paranoia is getting outrageous. Now you're convinced voters will start selling their vote for a bottle of water. What next? No kissing in line for fear of someone selling their vote for a little tongue action? You people are ridiculous.
You're married??? I guess wifey figured she was giving to charity when she married you.

So passing out water at the polls is a crime??? This is an apparent theory that this could somehow corruptly influence voters. Here's an idea: Make it a crime to force people to wait in long lines to exercise their right to vote.
As a law suit filed by voting rights groups to challenge the Georgia law noted, polling places in majority- Black neighborhoods make up just 1/3 of of Georgia polling places, but accounts for 2/3 of those that had to stay open late to accommodate long lines in the June primary. According to the suit "the average wait time in Georgia after the polls were scheduled to close was 6 minutes in neighborhoods that were at least 90% white and 51 minutes in places that were at least 90% non white."
These new restrictions are a detriment to Black voters, who tend to have less access to acceptable forms of identification, have jobs that make it harder to get to the polls during business hours and live in neighborhoods with fewer polling places and longer lines.
Another example of repubs putting their thumb on the scale, trying to move the needle.
"less access to acceptable forms of ID?" The polls were EXPANDED. An extra week of early voting. Absentee ballots for ANY REASON. Stop speaking about minorities as if they are INFERIOR! Do you libs realize you talk down about these people? You are the CAN"T PARTY. Black people CAN"T get ID'S. Minorities CAN"T do this and CAN"T DO THAT> You people are the racists and you don't even realize it. Raise your kids with that YOU CAN"T mentality. It will be great for their future.

Self service water? Will there be someone there to sanitize the cooler/ refrigerator after each person handles it??? Will there be enough sanitizing/disinfecting supplies on hand??? No one knows how long COVID-19 and/or its variants will be around. Obviously whoever is assigned to do this task will need to work in shifts. I would not want to be that person who does the cleaning because I would be exposing myself to the Virus. Then again Gov Kemp may be contradicting himself if he rolls back emergency mandates. Is it a repub thing??? You bet
Hit 7-11 on the way.

Reactions: orly 1022
Whether BLM is responsible for deaths or not is not the issue? I am not reading beyond that. This is completely ridiculous. It implies I should hold BLM accountable for deaths they are not even responsible for. Is there a new kind of crack cocaine on the market you are smoking?

That's like me telling you that it's no issue you showed up at a concert and people died. You are still accountable since you decided to go. That's stupid on steroids. Quit trying to associate BLM with nonsense they have nothing to do with.

Went to a concert

There were no problems, most everyone brought their own water.

Typical DEMOCRAT BS! I don't know what's wrong with the new policies for voting in Georgia unless it's just more Democrat WHINING!
Expanded Sunday voting CHECK
Expanded early voting CHECK
Expanded and broadened absentee ballots for any reason CHECK
Put policies in place for precincts with wait times greater than 1 hour CHECK
No ballot harvesting CHECK
Got rid of refreshments being served to folks on line but mandated that self service water be available and provided CHECK
Got rid of SUBJECTIVE signature verification and instituted a state ID system FREE/ CHECK

So what's the problem?
Democrats must be unhappy that refreshments are no longer being served to folks on line. Maybe they think other states are passing out water and donuts while we wait to vote. NOPE
Perhaps it's the showing of an ID to vote? Don't know what is wrong with that. If you go buy liquor you show ID. Drive a car ID. Airport? ID Hospital visiting a loved one? ID

Really it's a function of the Democrats wanting what they want and if they don't get it they cry Racism and then tell us how minorities are incapable of doing these things. Remember the Dems are the party that told us recently that African Americans couldn't LOG ON to make an appointment for a vaccine.

And yet, they keep voting in these people like sheep...........................
HJ,

Big corporations are beginning to mobilize against the changes to voting laws in Georgia. After an initial muted response, Delta and Coke (massive employers in Georgia) are protesting against the new laws. They understand that their employees and customers do not support organized efforts to suppress voters. Similarly, large companies nationwide are objecting to these new laws.

Whats amazing to me is that these big companies have traditionally backed Republican candidates and policies. Now, however, local Republican legislators in Red and battleground states have turned “right” in an effort to fight demographic changes in the population. Big companies do not support this move to the Right.

The Republican Party has moved from being the party of business towards the party of rural people threatened by the changing complexion of the US.

HJ,

Big corporations are beginning to mobilize against the changes to voting laws in Georgia. After an initial muted response, Delta and Coke (massive employers in Georgia) are protesting against the new laws. They understand that their employees and customers do not support organized efforts to suppress voters. Similarly, large companies nationwide are objecting to these new laws.

Whats amazing to me is that these big companies have traditionally backed Republican candidates and policies. Now, however, local Republican legislators in Red and battleground states have turned “right” in an effort to fight demographic changes in the population. Big companies do not support this move to the Right.

The Republican Party has moved from being the party of business towards the party of rural people threatened by the changing complexion of the US.
Do you mean Coca Cola who had anti-white training and Delta airlines who requires ID to board the planes? Rather than tell me about the "woke" corporations why don't you objectively tell me where you PERSONALLY find fault with the bill? Do you understand that the liberals took a pandemic, changed the way some States vote, and now want those changes to become permanent even though in many cases they aren't necessary? We did fine in Florida a state that has a robust verification system, a robust early voting system, a system that requires ID but if you forget your ID you can vote provisional, a State that verifies absentee ballot requests. So tell me cortez is it the lack of refreshments? What about it do you dislike? Don't tell me about corporations.

HJ: The legislation in Georgia and those pending in other states are explicitly aimed to suppress voting by non Republicans, particularly Black voters. To dress up the changes as anything else is disingenuous and deceitful.

From the Delta CEO:

the memo, Mr. Bastian said it was only after the law was passed that he truly understood the degree to which it would impose restrictions on Black voters.
“After having time to now fully understand all that is in the bill, coupled with discussions with leaders and employees in the Black community, it’s evident that the bill includes provisions that will make it harder for many underrepresented voters, particularly Black voters, to exercise their constitutional right to elect their representatives,” he said. “That is wrong.”
Mr. Bastian went further, saying the new law was based on false pretenses.
“The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections,” he said. “This is simply not true. Unfortunately, that excuse is being used in states across the nation that are attempting to pass similar legislation to restrict voting rights.”

HJ: The legislation in Georgia and those pending in other states are explicitly aimed to suppress voting by non Republicans, particularly Black voters. To dress up the changes as anything else is disingenuous and deceitful.

From the Delta CEO:

the memo, Mr. Bastian said it was only after the law was passed that he truly understood the degree to which it would impose restrictions on Black voters.
“After having time to now fully understand all that is in the bill, coupled with discussions with leaders and employees in the Black community, it’s evident that the bill includes provisions that will make it harder for many underrepresented voters, particularly Black voters, to exercise their constitutional right to elect their representatives,” he said. “That is wrong.”
Mr. Bastian went further, saying the new law was based on false pretenses.
“The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections,” he said. “This is simply not true. Unfortunately, that excuse is being used in states across the nation that are attempting to pass similar legislation to restrict voting rights.”

Please discuss specifics instead of generalized rhetoric, thanks.

Reactions: HJCane
Please discuss specifics instead of generalized rhetoric, thanks.
The legislation in its entirety is specifically targeted to suppress non Republican voters. As the Delta CEO said, there is no other rationale for the changes.

You’re welcome.

The legislation in its entirety is specifically targeted to suppress non Republican voters. As the Delta CEO said, there is no other rationale for the changes.

You’re welcome.
Thank you for not providing specifics, only useless rhetoric.

You’re welcome.
Cortez,

As a Delta Million Miler I will say that premium Delta customers are not happy with the job Ed Bastian is doing in running the airline. Customer satisfaction is dropping and many customers that previously flew Delta whenever possible are now very open to other airlines. Mr. Bastion is not performing well as a CEO. In speaking to the employees, their morale is at an all time low Maybe he should focus on his day job and spend less time sucking up to politicians and less time running his mouth about matters that he has no professional experience in?

C’mon guys. Are you really so naive to think that this legislative package was NOT designed to suppress non-Republican (mostly Black) voters in Georgia?

The next move by the Georgia legislature will be to further gerrymander congressional districts following the 2020 census. The new district lines will make it more difficult to elect Democratic candidates to Congress. Wait for it.

C’mon guys. Are you really so naive to think that this legislative package was NOT designed to suppress non-Republican (mostly Black) voters in Georgia?

The next move by the Georgia legislature will be to further gerrymander congressional districts following the 2020 census. The new district lines will make it more difficult to elect Democratic candidates to Congress. Wait for it.
C'mon Cortez. Are you so blindly partisan that you really believe that requiring ID, verifying signatures, verifying eligibility to vote in Georgia, getting votes in and counted ontime, tracking the chain of custody of ballots, protecting against voter intimidation and counting all LEGAL votes (not illegal ones) are racist principles? To the confirm the state of Georgia bill has the same rules apply equally to all races, religions, political parties and sexes.

Last edited:

You’re welcome.
The Delta CEO initially said that there was still work ahead to improve access to voting. He also included positive comments on some elements, saying that in part due to it's own lobbying effort, the law had been improved considerably during the legislative process. It's almost as if he was bragging about Delta's role in the bill. It wasn't until people complained that he changed his tune. BTW, do you think it's racist for Delta to require an ID to board one of their planes?

Another whataboutism.

Please let us know which part of the bill suppresses any voter? If you’re implying that minorities don’t have or can’t get IDs, then you are a racist.

Another whataboutism.

Please let us know which part of the bill suppresses any voter? If you’re implying that minorities don’t have or can’t get IDs, then you are a racist.
Breaking, You and your pals are painting yourself into a defensive position in a right wing corner.

Attached is the message of 70 top Black business executives attacking the Georgia legislation. It takes a lot to get business executives fired up and United politically. Your friends in Georgia got it done!

Reactions: hawaiian cane
Breaking, You and your pals are painting yourself into a defensive position in a right wing corner.

Attached is the message of 70 top Black business executives attacking the Georgia legislation. It takes a lot to get business executives fired up and United politically. Your friends in Georgia got it done!

You are just a parrot. You never bring a single original thought to any thread and instead continually parrot the words of other people to prove your "point".

Please let us know what specifically is suppressing voters. Why can’t you?

The Delta CEO initially said that there was still work ahead to improve access to voting. He also included positive comments on some elements, saying that in part due to it's own lobbying effort, the law had been improved considerably during the legislative process. It's almost as if he was bragging about Delta's role in the bill. It wasn't until people complained that he changed his tune. BTW, do you think it's racist for Delta to require an ID to board one of their planes?
801canesmxer
Thank you for asking the drop the mic and go home question.
BTW, do you think it's racist for Delta to require an ID to board one of their planes?

I am anxiously awaiting anyone to clearly answer that question with any reason why anyone should be allowed to vote without their identity being clearly verified. Cortez, you know I have a lot a respect for you. But I would like you to to answer that one question without any other statements clouding of the issue.

Why should a picture ID at the time of action be required to fly but not required to vote?

Last edited:
801canesmxer
BTW, do you think it's racist for Delta to require an ID to board one of their planes?

I am anxiously awaiting anyone to clearly answer that question with any reason why anyone should be allowed to vote without their identity being clearly verified. Cortez, you know I have a lot a respect for you. But I would like to to answer that one question without any other statements clouding of the issue.

Why should a picture ID at the time of action be required to fly but not required to vote?
thanks 17.

“Clouding the issue”? The reality:

1. There was no voter fraud of any size in Georgia. Although he was threatened by Trump, the Republican head of the Georgia elections established that fact.

2. So, what is the motivation for the new legislation? Very simple. Republicans want to avoid election results similar to the 2020 results where Trump lost and both Senate seats were forfeited to the Dems. Total disaster for Georgia and national Republican Party. Cost Mitch McConnell his position as majority leader. Allows Biden to ram through legislation.

3. Solution for Georgia R’s? Pass a series of new laws that will make it harder for Dems (particularly Black voters) to vote. Demographic changes threatens to turn the state Blue. Are each of these changes explicitly racist? Probably not. Is the motivation for the change and cumulative effect of the changes racist? No question about it. That’s why the 70 Black executives I quoted above are so up in arms Against the legislation.

I just want people on both sides of the dispute to be clear: it’s about winning elections. Republican denial that this is voter suppression is a cynical lie.

There is 1 aspect of the Georgia law I disagree with because I try to be honest. Some precincts have the option of closing at 5:00 PM. I think that is wrong. Should be open later. People have to work.

One drop box per county. Outrageous.
You seem very misinformed, which is not surprising given your lack of ability to add specificity to your argument, failing miserably here.

The truth: It’s one drop box per 100,000 citizens in each county, not one per county, Mr. Fakenews. Before COVID, they had 0. They set up so many during covid for health reasons, a temporary measure that was possibly exploited due to the lack of ability to monitor so many.

Also, please explain how this only impacts minorities? Seems like it impacts everyone, no matter what party or race.

1-0, me! Next argument please...

801canesmxer

I am anxiously awaiting anyone to clearly answer that question with any reason why anyone should be allowed to vote without their identity being clearly verified. Cortez, you know I have a lot a respect for you. But I would like you to to answer that one question without any other statements clouding of the issue.

The truth is the TSA requires IDs, not the airlines, but to this point, the Feds should require IDs for national elections too, since only citizens, not illegal aliens, are allowed to vote in such national elections, per our constitution.

"less access to acceptable forms of ID?" The polls were EXPANDED. An extra week of early voting. Absentee ballots for ANY REASON. Stop speaking about minorities as if they are INFERIOR! Do you libs realize you talk down about these people? You are the CAN"T PARTY. Black people CAN"T get ID'S. Minorities CAN"T do this and CAN"T DO THAT> You people are the racists and you don't even realize it. Raise your kids with that YOU CAN"T mentality. It will be great for their future.
Wrong. It is the white supremacists, Neo Nazis, KKK that harbors that word: CANT. Jews Cant replace us. US meaning whites who are racists. Good try, as in trying to move the needle foward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT