ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats want MLB and Masters to move over new voting rules Georgia

You seem very misinformed, which is not surprising given your lack of ability to add specificity to your argument, failing miserably here.

The truth: It’s one drop box per 100,000 citizens in each county, not one per county, Mr. Fakenews. Before COVID, they had 0. They set up so many during covid for health reasons, a temporary measure that was possibly exploited due to the lack of ability to monitor so many.

Also, please explain how this only impacts minorities? Seems like it impacts everyone, no matter what party or race.

1-0, me! Next argument please...
Breaking,

So happy that you have the need for self congratulations. I guess you need validation from someone. Might as well be yourself, LOL. Pathetic.

I live in a county with 134,000 people. Voting by mail is encouraged. For the the 2020 election, county election officials provided 11 drop box locations open to the public 24 hours per day for several weeks before the election. That‘s what it looks like when the government wants people to vote. Georgia‘s new laws make it more difficult to vote. Just a fact.

The analogy to requiring an id to board an airplane is ludicrous. The TSA and its regulations requiring ids from all passengers were created to fight terrorist acts committed via our airlines. The consequences of allowing a person on our security watchlist to board a plane is possible mass murder. The public eagerly accepted the id requirement in exchange for greater security in air travel. That id requirement bears no resemblance to the risks presented by voters who don’t carry an id to the poll.

Breaking,

So happy that you have the need for self congratulations. I guess you need validation from someone. Might as well be yourself, LOL. Pathetic.

I live in a county with 134,000 people. Voting by mail is encouraged. For the the 2020 election, county election officials provided 11 drop box locations open to the public 24 hours per day for several weeks before the election. That‘s what it looks like when the government wants people to vote. Georgia‘s new laws make it more difficult to vote. Just a fact.

The analogy to requiring an id to board an airplane is ludicrous. The TSA and its regulations requiring ids from all passengers were created to fight terrorist acts committed via our airlines. The consequences of allowing a person on our security watchlist to board a plane is possible mass murder. The public eagerly accepted the id requirement in exchange for greater security in air travel. That id requirement bears no resemblance to the risks presented by voters who don’t carry an id to the poll.
Another whataboutism. What part of temporary solutions for 2020 didn’t you get? You still have failed to explain how your anecdote only negatively impacts one party, and only the minorities of that one party. Keep flailing, it’s great to watch!

Reactions: grbcane
You seem very misinformed, which is not surprising given your lack of ability to add specificity to your argument, failing miserably here.

The truth: It’s one drop box per 100,000 citizens in each county, not one per county, Mr. Fakenews. Before COVID, they had 0. They set up so many during covid for health reasons, a temporary measure that was possibly exploited due to the lack of ability to monitor so many.

Also, please explain how this only impacts minorities? Seems like it impacts everyone, no matter what party or race.

1-0, me! Next argument please...
The truth: It’s one drop box per 100,000 citizens in each county, not one per county, Mr. Fakenews. Before COVID, they had 0.

This is the crux of the matter. Covid is over. OR, this is the reason to keep it going. We have a vaccine and will have herd immunity soon(if you believe this bullshit). So the temporary provisions made for voting will no longer be necessary, correct???

thanks 17.

“Clouding the issue”? The reality:

1. There was no voter fraud of any size in Georgia. Although he was threatened by Trump, the Republican head of the Georgia elections established that fact.

2. So, what is the motivation for the new legislation? Very simple. Republicans want to avoid election results similar to the 2020 results where Trump lost and both Senate seats were forfeited to the Dems. Total disaster for Georgia and national Republican Party. Cost Mitch McConnell his position as majority leader. Allows Biden to ram through legislation.

3. Solution for Georgia R’s? Pass a series of new laws that will make it harder for Dems (particularly Black voters) to vote. Demographic changes threatens to turn the state Blue. Are each of these changes explicitly racist? Probably not. Is the motivation for the change and cumulative effect of the changes racist? No question about it. That’s why the 70 Black executives I quoted above are so up in arms Against the legislation.

I just want people on both sides of the dispute to be clear: it’s about winning elections. Republican denial that this is voter suppression is a cynical lie.
Cortez,
I am still requesting your response to this one seamingly simple question:
Why should a picture ID at the time of action be required to fly but not required to vote?

Thank you,

The truth: It’s one drop box per 100,000 citizens in each county, not one per county, Mr. Fakenews. Before COVID, they had 0.

This is the crux of the matter. Covid is over. OR, this is the reason to keep it going. We have a vaccine and will have herd immunity soon(if you believe this bullshit). So the temporary provisions made for voting will no longer be necessary, correct???
This guy is very dishonest. Hopefully he runs his winery with more integrity than he displays in his political arguments. There is no need to debate any longer when he can’t be honest about a topic.

Cortez,
Why should a picture ID at the time of action be required to fly but not required to vote?

Thank you,

I answered that question above.. see the posts.

Sum: An id to prevent terrorism on an airline is not equivalent to a mandatory requirement for a voter to bring an id to the polling place. Totally different risk scenario.

This guy is very dishonest. Hopefully he runs his winery with more integrity than he displays in his political arguments. There is no need to debate any longer when he can’t be honest about a topic.

You are clueless, Breaking. In Georgia, it’s one drop box per county or, for larger counties, one drop box for 100k residents. Both of these policies are suppressive of voters wanting to vote.

I mentioned above that my county has 11 drop boxes open 24 hours per day for 134k total population. Makes Georgia looks foolish ....and worse.

You just spout your conclusory prejudices and offer nothing to support your position.

I answered that question above.. see the posts.

Sum: An id to prevent terrorism on an airline is not equivalent to a mandatory requirement for a voter to bring an id to the polling place. Totally different risk scenario.
Using your logic having a ticket, going through xrays, chemical tests, behavorial observations and other various TSA safeguards reduce the chance of terrorism to virtually nill. The main reason for the requirement is revenue control by the airlines. So a ticket can not be given or sold without airline permission and fees.

Back to voter ID, In other words, you believe that voter fraud is acceptable? Under this scenario the likelyhood of voter fraud is far higher. Why risk either? Just have ID for driving, flying and voting. Simple solution. Otherwise enough fraudulent voters could elect politicians that decide ID to get on an airplane is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

How many fraudulent votes is acceptable. Should voter fraud be prosecuted? What should the penalties be? If any? Who decides? The winning side? Yeah they would be honest, fully investigate and turn over power? Yeah Nancy Pelosi could be trusted with your scenario..

Last edited:
thanks 17.

“Clouding the issue”? The reality:

1. There was no voter fraud of any size in Georgia. Although he was threatened by Trump, the Republican head of the Georgia elections established that fact.

2. So, what is the motivation for the new legislation? Very simple. Republicans want to avoid election results similar to the 2020 results where Trump lost and both Senate seats were forfeited to the Dems. Total disaster for Georgia and national Republican Party. Cost Mitch McConnell his position as majority leader. Allows Biden to ram through legislation.

3. Solution for Georgia R’s? Pass a series of new laws that will make it harder for Dems (particularly Black voters) to vote. Demographic changes threatens to turn the state Blue. Are each of these changes explicitly racist? Probably not. Is the motivation for the change and cumulative effect of the changes racist? No question about it. That’s why the 70 Black executives I quoted above are so up in arms Against the legislation.

I just want people on both sides of the dispute to be clear: it’s about winning elections. Republican denial that this is voter suppression is a cynical lie.
Why can't blacks bring there own water or possess a I.d. , too much personal responsibility

Why can't blacks bring there own water or possess a I.d. , too much personal responsibility

Thanks Ibis. Your POV underlines the fundamental base prejudices of the new Georgia legislation. Thanks for making my point.

Using your logic having a ticket, going through xrays, chemical tests, behavorial observations and other various TSA safeguards reduce the chance of terrorism to virtually nill. The main reason for the requirement is revenue control by the airlines. So a ticket can not be given or sold without airline permission and fees.

Back to voter ID, In other words, you believe that voter fraud is acceptable? Under this scenario the likelyhood of voter fraud is far higher. Why risk either? Just have ID for driving, flying and voting. Simple solution. Otherwise enough fraudulent voters could elect politicians that decide ID to get on an airplane is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

How many fraudulent votes is acceptable. Should voter fraud be prosecuted? What should the penalties be? If any? Who decides? The winning side? Yeah they would be honest, fully investigate and turn over power? Yeah Nancy Pelosi could be trusted with your scenario..

There was no credible evidence of voter fraud in Georgia. See and listen to the testimony of the Republican official in charge of the 2020 election.

You have erected a false fear of massive voter fraud and endorsed legislation to stop something that doesn’t exist.

The motivation for the legislation is to suppress non Republican voters. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You’ll have to excuse cortez, he’s from The People’s Republic of California, where drop boxes are the preferred and most popular form of voter fraud. Please excuse his frustration, he’s not used to people not accepting the official propaganda of Democrat State run media,

They wont give water to people of color, minority groups. Thats for sure.

The Proud Boys are made up of black, white , latino, or any other race, thier leader is an African American, you can‘t even get the simple things right.

You are just a parrot. You never bring a single original thought to any thread and instead continually parrot the words of other people to prove your "point".
Says 816 THE PARROT OF ALL PARROTS
Cortez,

Im in agreement having Govt IDs as proof of identification when voting at the polls. Preventing minorities from obtaining govt IDs to vote is the problem. Welcome to 2021, where Republicans have embarked on a national effort to suppress the vote at all costs. And, not to avoid the obvious, to suppress Black American votes, because those ballots would not be cast to Republican advantage.

Thanks Ibis. Your POV underlines the fundamental base prejudices of the new Georgia legislation. Thanks for making my point.
What point, that planning ahead is white supremacy or common sense, you people always blame someone else for your ineptitude

You are clueless, Breaking. In Georgia, it’s one drop box per county or, for larger counties, one drop box for 100k residents. Both of these policies are suppressive of voters wanting to vote.

I mentioned above that my county has 11 drop boxes open 24 hours per day for 134k total population. Makes Georgia looks foolish ....and worse.

You just spout your conclusory prejudices and offer nothing to support your position.
Another whataboutism. Again, you were the one who made the unsubstantiated claim that this only suppressed democratic minority voters, providing zero justification, meanwhile, before the pandemic, Georgia had zero drop boxes. Why compare your state who had them before the pandemic to others who did not, apples and oranges? 2-0 me. Don’t bother responding, since you can’t logically debate due to your own irrational low integrity arguments. I hope your winery is run with more integrity.

Says the racist guy who believes minorities can’t get or don’t have IDs. Talk about prejudice. Crown yourself!

Says the racist guy who believes minorities can’t get or don’t have IDs. Talk about prejudice. Crown yourself!

These guys are too stupid to actually read the bill itself and use their own judgement so they parrot the words of the Delta CEO as the arbiter of truth like idiots.

They also read biased news articles from papers like the Atlanta Journal Constitution which had to print this major retraction about the bill.

Californians are spreading east like a biblical plague. They libs have had full control of that State and have destroyed it. The funny thing is...they are leaving because they have destroyed their state with liberal policies...but when they get to the new place they vote for the same policies they are fleeing. It's like locust who have decimated a crop and just move on to the next one.
This!

Another whataboutism. Again, you were the one who made the unsubstantiated claim that this only suppressed democratic minority voters, providing zero justification, meanwhile, before the pandemic, Georgia had zero drop boxes. Why compare your state who had them before the pandemic to others who did not, apples and oranges? 2-0 me. Don’t bother responding, since you can’t logically debate due to your own irrational low integrity arguments. I hope your winery is run with more integrity.unding

So true, voting patterns and norms in different states are well,, diferent. Once again confirming why the founding fathers and the constitution put control of elections at the state and local level. This thread just confirms why Pelosi's HB1 would in addition to being unconstitutional, be a disaster for the fabric of the republic.

Reactions: utatem and grbcane
Please let us know what specifically is suppressing voters. Why can’t you?
This syntax and use of logical fallacy sounds familiar.
AnxiousBitesizedBluebottle-max-1mb.gif

This syntax and use of logical fallacy sounds familiar.
AnxiousBitesizedBluebottle-max-1mb.gif
You may want to look up the definition of logical fallacy. Someone asking for specifics is hardly a logical fallacy. Your address hominem is, though.

MLB's decision on the all star game is another example being WOKE to say how virtuous one is, to the point of stupidity and harming the cause supposedly being supported.

This years All Star game in Atlanta would have been the perfect stage to honor Hank Aaron, certainly a baseball all time great, but also a quiet civil rights trailblazer. When he came to Atlanta in the 1960's he had to endure significant hatred and bigotry. He did so with a grace that won over many people and paved the way for further integration of MLB. Hank Aaron was great for Atlanta and he chose to make Atlanta his home, remaining involved in local affairs after his retirement.

But little Wokester Rob Manfred thinks he knows better than Hank Aaron. He is going to punish Hank Aaron's home city and state. Yes, his self serving actions will harm working class people and small business in Georgia. Many of these, minorities. DC and Northeastern democrat politicians pat themselves on the back. Joe Biden runs his mouth about things he is too senile to fully understand. He got what he wanted from Georgia, their electoral votes. Nice way of saying thank you to people that voted for him, by cancelling a big income event for them. I'm sure the stadium beer guys, ticket takers and parking attendant's are thrilled they are losing a major payday. Haven't seen Manfred with a plan to make them whole. He is too busy planning his MLB paid private jet to golf at Augusta.

So the All Star game is moved to newly woke Denver. Nothing makes you think about Hank Aaron and the era he played in like Denver? BTW, has anyone looked at downtime Denver since being run by Libbies. It is rapidly challanging San Francisco, Seatle and Portland for the highest amount of needles and human excrement per city block. And what is also ironic is that Colorado's voting laws are very similiar to the proposed Georgia laws. The article provides the following information:
Here is the clincher though: Colorado has voter ID to vote in person, requires signature verification for mail-in ballots (unlike Georgia, which requires last four of Social Security number or driver’s license number), and a similar ban on food and water being given away by electioneers that Georgia has.

The 2021 game should have been an Atlanta based tribute to Hank Aaron and his historic legacy. It would have been great for MLB to showcase the people and places in Atlanta and Georgia that he touched. But instead Rob Manfred will subject the few remaining viewers to seeing wind bag Democrat politicians and celebrities lecturing us about a false narrative. of voting rights in Georgia.

Truly sad that these "what's in it for me now" clowns will hijack the spotlight from honoring Hank Aaron, a man that left and right; black and white agree was a GOAT of a person in the history of United States of America.

One drop box per county. Outrageous.
That would actually be one more than legally allowed before the last election without this law there would be none, they were used only for 2020 election as a COVID emergency. The law now requires them which it did not before and it places them inside buildings and are accessible the same hours as the polls are open for early voters. Makes sense doesn’t it.
makes sure no one can vandalize them or tamper with ballots. I assume you want those votes secure.Drop boxes are provided as a secondary method for absentee ballots
They are called mail in ballots
If you think people aren’t smart enough to get an ID you think they can’t find a drop box all they gotta do is give it to the mailman.

There is 1 aspect of the Georgia law I disagree with because I try to be honest. Some precincts have the option of closing at 5:00 PM. I think that is wrong. Should be open later. People have to work.
The people running the precincts will keep them open most of the biggest democratic blocks are run by dems so they will keep them open. I agree though it should just be no option just stay open till 7 or whatever time is agreed upon all that option did was to give the people that don’t want secure elections to ignore the facts and say it’s racist to the inner city and working black and brown people. As though they think that there’s not just as many white and so called privileged people that work their ass off just like them and they need the time also.

That would actually be one more than legally allowed before the last election without this law there would be none, they were used only for 2020 election as a COVID emergency. The law now requires them which it did not before and it places them inside buildings and are accessible the same hours as the polls are open for early voters. Makes sense doesn’t it.
makes sure no one can vandalize them or tamper with ballots. I assume you want those votes secure.Drop boxes are provided as a secondary method for absentee ballots
They are called mail in ballots
If you think people aren’t smart enough to get an ID you think they can’t find a drop box all they gotta do is give it to the mailman.
I’ve told that guy several times 0 existed before 2020, and he refuses to comprehend and wants to compare apples and oranges to another state.

801canesmxer
Thank you for asking the drop the mic and go home question.
BTW, do you think it's racist for Delta to require an ID to board one of their planes?

I am anxiously awaiting anyone to clearly answer that question with any reason why anyone should be allowed to vote without their identity being clearly verified. Cortez, you know I have a lot a respect for you. But I would like you to to answer that one question without any other statements clouding of the issue.

Is ID required in your state? It is in my state. That's a state decision. I have shown my ID in every state I have lived in. So what? If another state I do not live in says you don't need and ID then respect that state.

The hypocrisy of the right is staggering. I am glad this subject is brought up every time. You can't run around talking about let the states decide ONLY when you want to push your narratives. Then turn around and wonder about their decision when you don't like it. You can't have it both ways. If the states get to decide then so be it.

If a state decides they don't require voter ID then so be it. Why are YOU concerned about an ID requirement in a state you do not live in? It's hypocritical.

Last edited:
MLB's decision on the all star game is another example being WOKE to say how virtuous one is, to the point of stupidity and harming the cause supposedly being supported.

This years All Star game in Atlanta would have been the perfect stage to honor Hank Aaron, certainly a baseball all time great, but also a quiet civil rights trailblazer. When he came to Atlanta in the 1960's he had to endure significant hatred and bigotry. He did so with a grace that won over many people and paved the way for further integration of MLB. Hank Aaron was great for Atlanta and he chose to make Atlanta his home, remaining involved in local affairs after his retirement.

But little Wokester Rob Manfred thinks he knows better than Hank Aaron. He is going to punish Hank Aaron's home city and state. Yes, his self serving actions will harm working class people and small business in Georgia. Many of these, minorities. DC and Northeastern democrat politicians pat themselves on the back. Joe Biden runs his mouth about things he is too senile to fully understand. He got what he wanted from Georgia, their electoral votes. Nice way of saying thank you to people that voted for him, by cancelling a big income event for them. I'm sure the stadium beer guys, ticket takers and parking attendant's are thrilled they are losing a major payday. Haven't seen Manfred with a plan to make them whole. He is too busy planning his MLB paid private jet to golf at Augusta.

So the All Star game is moved to newly woke Denver. Nothing makes you think about Hank Aaron and the era he played in like Denver? BTW, has anyone looked at downtime Denver since being run by Libbies. It is rapidly challanging San Francisco, Seatle and Portland for the highest amount of needles and human excrement per city block. And what is also ironic is that Colorado's voting laws are very similiar to the proposed Georgia laws. The article provides the following information:
Here is the clincher though: Colorado has voter ID to vote in person, requires signature verification for mail-in ballots (unlike Georgia, which requires last four of Social Security number or driver’s license number), and a similar ban on food and water being given away by electioneers that Georgia has.

The 2021 game should have been an Atlanta based tribute to Hank Aaron and his historic legacy. It would have been great for MLB to showcase the people and places in Atlanta and Georgia that he touched. But instead Rob Manfred will subject the few remaining viewers to seeing wind bag Democrat politicians and celebrities lecturing us about a false narrative. of voting rights in Georgia.

Truly sad that these "what's in it for me now" clowns will hijack the spotlight from honoring Hank Aaron, a man that left and right; black and white agree was a GOAT of a person in the history of United States of America.

Please do not try to use Hank Aaron in this manner. It's shameful. Do you seriously think Hank Aaron would approve of these laws in Georgia? Hank Aaron or his family are not about themselves. This is not acceptable. It has nothing to do with being woke or cancel culture as much as these laws are racist. They only affect Minorities. I know because I live here and MLB gets a shout out for standing up to a bunch of politicians trying to legislate elections in this state based on a lie Trump won the election.

Its not stupid when 77% of Georgia republicans disagree with the Gov. When you have disabled vets voting and no aid given, thats a problem. BTW we always hear and witness Repub law makers addressing vets by saying "we respect you, we honor you, we salute you." Once again we will see the Repubs' "Bumper Sticker Mentality."
You just said you don’t put stock in polls. I guess it’s only when they don’t fit your narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT