ADVERTISEMENT

Desantis is who I'm going to follow right now!!! A real leader!!!

canesgotscrewedagain

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2003
Please share if Governor Desantis is your defacto president right now. I listen to his press conferences. I don't want to watch some clown show lie to me about wearing masks, respirators, killing people in nursing homes, trampling over US citizens rights, ruining a State's economy, or sexually harassing every female in sight. Sorry I have better things to watch.

This post is simply mocking CDs post about Cuomo. However, it is simply amazing to me how people will ignore results for political reasons.
I don't live in NY, I do live in FL. My comment was based on things I've heard internally for two years. I have no similar things from NYC. I like that Cuomo pisses of DiBlasio so I'm probably biased. Other than two major issues, DeSantis has done better than the very low bar I had for him, exceedingly better. He has the potential to be good once he understands he doesn't have to be beholden to extremist ideology that he really doesn't hold.

But yeah, two major failures aside and some personal issues that will get exposed aside, I like the Gov. Definitely would consider him for reelection if he stops being obsequious and respects the will of the electorate.

I don't live in NY, I do live in FL. My comment was based on things I've heard internally for two years. I have no similar things from NYC. I like that Cuomo pisses of DiBlasio so I'm probably biased. Other than two major issues, DeSantis has done better than the very low bar I had for him, exceedingly better. He has the potential to be good once he understands he doesn't have to be beholden to extremist ideology that he really doesn't hold.

But yeah, two major failures aside and some personal issues that will get exposed aside, I like the Gov. Definitely would consider him for reelection if he stops being obsequious and respects the will of the electorate.

Name the failures, please.

Name the failures, please.
They are in the last sentence. But yeah, two major failures aside and some personal issues that will get exposed aside, I like the Gov. Definitely would consider him for reelection if he stops being obsequious and respects the will of the electorate.

They are in the last sentence. But yeah, two major failures aside and some personal issues that will get exposed aside, I like the Gov. Definitely would consider him for reelection if he stops being obsequious and respects the will of the electorate.

I can understand why aligning with the populist movement of Trump rubs people the wrong way, but he’s 100x smarter and could actually lead the populist movement in the right direction. Not sure about not respecting the will of the electorate part.

He’s done a great job on the environment, Covid, and growing the economic engine of FL and will win re-election handily.

I can understand why aligning with the populist movement of Trump rubs people the wrong way, but he’s 100x smarter and could actually lead the populist movement in the right direction. Not sure about not respecting the will of the electorate part.

He’s done a great job on the environment, Covid, and growing the economic engine of FL and will win re-election handily.
64% of folks in Florida voted for something during an election where the Gov. race and Senate races were all within 1 point of each other. 14% over 50% is overwhelming bipartisan anywhere, let alone Florida. That is the will of the electorate.

I don't like populist. I don't think he is a populist. I believe he is pandering. He doesn't have to, drop the pandering and many of us in the middle will do for him what we did for Bush, Chiles and Graham.

Who cares what that 🤡🤡🤡🤡 CD has to say... He’s an old grumpy racist entitlement baby...
I don’t have anything to back this up but I can’t help but think cd is short, portly and wears ties with golf shirts and socks with sandals on occasion. Probably has a patchy beard that he should have given up on with some white spots in it too. I could be totally off on this but just how I imagine him.

watch, now he’ll be 6’4 250. Lol, ya never know. The guy is an infamous legend on these boards though. Probably the greatest troll of all time. Give him his credits due. You can’t help but wonder. He’s on here all the freaking time.

64% of folks in Florida voted for something during an election where the Gov. race and Senate races were all within 1 point of each other. 14% over 50% is overwhelming bipartisan anywhere, let alone Florida. That is the will of the electorate.

I don't like populist. I don't think he is a populist. I believe he is pandering. He doesn't have to, drop the pandering and many of us in the middle will do for him what we did for Bush, Chiles and Graham.

Understand your concerns but he will blow out his margin of victory and win by 5+ pts in 2022. To me that means he is following the will of the electorate.

Understand your concerns but he will blow out his margin of victory and win by 5+ pts in 2022. To me that means he is following the will of the electorate.
5+ win means he has a pretty wide margin of folks that will give him 4 more years, +9% over that passed a law. Again, my point was my reservation, its a reasonable point. Its a fair point and its buttressed you're stats. Not sure what the debate is about, "will of the electorate" was in the context of an issue not his popularity despite the issue. Have we had a governor that wasn't two terms?

I checked it 1971 was the last time an elected Gov in Florida lost a re-election bid. You have to go back to 1865 to find another one.

Its basically an 8 year job.

Reactions: HJCane
You’d think our COVID hero would be more popular by reading some of the opinions here in the lounge.

heriff Carmine Marceno
Not familiar with the story, nephew works with health legal group but not far under the AG...definitely not a topic that he'll bring up, Tally climate is better under the current Gov (prior gov is a piece of crap and a dictator) but no one is testing the waters that deep.

DeSantis is a future President
He'll never survive the background stuff of a national scope. I could see him being a Senator for sure or a cabinet member. He's Bobby Jindal 2.0. Good enough, not that good.

Nikki, Kasich, Hogan and Sasse are viable national candidates that could capture enough of the center to beat Dems (depending on whose running).

The only far right guy that could even mount a campaign is Trump.

Cruz gets crushed, Rubio has become feckless, and Tim Scott has as much of a shot as Chris Christie.

It'll be fun with Joe saying he's going to run again...cuz I think Harris wins DNC easy if he doesn't.

Not familiar with the story, nephew works with health legal group but not far under the AG...definitely not a topic that he'll bring up, Tally climate is better under the current Gov (prior gov is a piece of crap and a dictator) but no one is testing the waters that deep.
Scott is the actual reason Carmine wasn’t thrown out of office. Desantis just didn’t bother to ruffle the feathers since he had just thrown out Israel in Broward. Scott’s wife doesn’t business with Marceno’s father. That’s the relationship!

Scott is the actual reason Carmine wasn’t thrown out of office. Desantis just didn’t bother to ruffle the feathers since he had just thrown out Israel in Broward. Scott’s wife doesn’t business with Marceno’s father. That’s the relationship!
De Santis will win 47 states when he runs for President. Shoe-in. Question is, when? If Trump runs again, DeSantis will be VP running mate. If Trump does not run, DeSantis will be the next President. Case study in quality leadership over the usual swamp politics of NY and CA. Textbook case study!

De Santis will win 47 states when he runs for President. Shoe-in. Question is, when? If Trump runs again, DeSantis will be VP running mate. If Trump does not run, DeSantis will be the next President. Case study in quality leadership over the usual swamp politics of NY and CA. Textbook case study!
Not saying I wouldn’t vote for him but he didn’t pass my first test. This clown in office right now is about to rip this country apart at the seams.

Not saying I wouldn’t vote for him but he didn’t pass my first test. This clown in office right now is about to rip this country apart at the seams.
Watch out for Noem South Dakota another rising star

Watch out for Noem South Dakota another rising star
No. She fvcked up with this last trans gender bill. She was trying too hard to prove that she is one step ahead of everyone. Backfired. But I would absolutely NAIL her! I love brunettes. Just in case nobody knew it by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 816_Cane
Nobody mentions the fact that Desantis opponent he won the election against
was busted at a crack party out of his mind and I wonder if he is a junkie now.
A great candidate by the Dems exposed you what he was. Just thought I'll mention it. Thank God the idiots did not get him elected.

Can you imagine if Gillam won? We would have been in a world of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT