ADVERTISEMENT

Disc Golf

Aug 6, 2019
Anyone here play? Took up the sport 3 years ago and wondering if there are any fellow Canes that play.

I have a couple times. I suck at regular golf, so this was more fun to me.

Interestingly enough I sat next to a guy on a plane who was a professional disc golf player. As we talked he was explaining that it pretty much is like being a professional golfer. There are endorsements, prize money, etc. that makes up his total income. I asked what that was and he was kind enough to share with me that the previous year he made a grand total of $17,000! And I am pretty sure he was good at the sport! Ahhhhh, youth.

Reactions: locane
Forever ago, When I was a student living in the Grove, we used to play at Peacock Park on Bayshore and then go to Acees Icees.

If you want to find out how bad you suck at throwing a Frisbee..Try Disc Golf..

I have a couple times. I suck at regular golf, so this was more fun to me.

Interestingly enough I sat next to a guy on a plane who was a professional disc golf player. As we talked he was explaining that it pretty much is like being a professional golfer. There are endorsements, prize money, etc. that makes up his total income. I asked what that was and he was kind enough to share with me that the previous year he made a grand total of $17,000! And I am pretty sure he was good at the sport! Ahhhhh, youth.

The sports biggest star just signed a million dollar contract last year. They do not make much from tournament winnings though. It is definitely growing and CBS sports is playing coverage for the first time this week.

ADVERTISEMENT