ADVERTISEMENT

Diversity plan from President Frenk...

Useless and ridiculous
Yeah all we need , another committee , another head of diversity etc
Meanwhile kids in Chicago are dying at a greater rate than in Afghanistan and black kids in Baltimore and many other big cities can’t read it do grade level math
Families without functioning dads are about half
I thought the 3 page letter was a typical left wing diatribe that doesn’t address the true problem or identity a real solution
Sure let’s improve the recruiting of young bright African Americans , increase the financial aide available
But most of this was leftest nonsense
We can move this to the lounge now !

This sounds over simplifying....but increasing education choices within the black community or any community will decrease this problem. Knowledge is power.....school choice!

I just sold my business and this is where I am going to concentrate my efforts for the black community.

Useless and ridiculous
Meanwhile kids in Chicago are dying at a greater rate than in Afghanistan and black kids in Baltimore and many other big cities can’t read it do grade level math
I thought the 3 page letter was a typical left wing diatribe that doesn’t address the true problem or identity a real solution
Sure let’s improve the recruiting of young bright African Americans , increase the financial aide available

"families without functioning Dads" fix that and you're on your way to fixing the rest. Otherwise your throwing your money away unless you can provide the kids with a father figure.

Doesn’t UM have one of the most diverse student bodies in the country? When I was a student I remember the school promoting how we finished first or something in one of these metrics. Miami itself is an extremely diverse city, and I definitely sensed that on campus, at least in relation to other schools my friends went to or that I visited.

What a load of shit

This university continues to be an embarrassment

Systemic rascism my ass. It’s an excuse for bad behavior and bad choices.

I know TONS of educated black men with outstanding jobs who are killing it. It comes down to CHOICES!!!! Period!!!!

We just had a black president. There is a black Supreme Court justice. There are tons of partners at firms across America who are black. Affirmative action gives minorities a leg up for college acceptance and job hiring.

Systemic racism. Give me a fvcking break.

What a load of shit

I know TONS of educated black men with outstanding jobs who are killing it. It comes down to CHOICES!!!! Period!!!!

We just had a black president. There is a black Supreme Court justice. There are tons of partners at firms across America who are black. Affirmative action gives minorities a leg up for college acceptance and job hiring.

Take a deep breath. Do some research. You're wrong.

This is over the f'n top. I know a lot of black people and we never even bring up this race stuff.
Why doesn't he look at our Football team. What percentage are black versus white?

Reactions: bobbie jo
Useless and ridiculous
Lol everybody so quick to run to the inner city Chicago shit...all the time...we ain’t talking about ****in Chicago we’re talking about evil ass racist mother****ers so stop trying to side step the topic of racism all the time with “oh black on black crime blah blah blah“ why do you think the circumstances are so ****ed up for Chicago south side in the first place....I’ll help you...systemic racism!!!!

Reactions: biggee04
What a load of shit

You’re a ****ing joke systemic racism exist and it’s alive how about you do some research before coming on hear talking that bullshit with your chest poked out and nostrils flared like u some tough guy.

Lol a diversity officer for athletics? I guess we need more white football players. This is all done out of fear of anarchy and is the wrong approach.
Many blacks have had the privilege of getting into college easier with lower sat scores,housing ,cell phones,child care all paid for by the taxpayer. 50 percent more whites killed by blacks than vice versa every year. African American males 18-45 commit over 50 percent of violent crimes in this country.3 out of every 4 babies born out of wedlock with frequently absent fathers. When those stats change the country will be much better,Life for black children will get better. Black men can change this by manning up ,becoming good role models and showing their children the benefits of education and hard work.Same goes for white men as they aren't far behind on the irresponsibility scale. Rioting and protests will do nothing except gain votes for Trump. This has never been about equal results .Its about equal opportunity.

Lol everybody so quick to run to the inner city Chicago shit...all the time...we ain’t talking about ****in Chicago we’re talking about evil ass racist mother****ers so stop trying to side step the topic of racism all the time with “oh black on black crime blah blah blah“ why do you think the circumstances are so ****ed up for Chicago south side in the first place....I’ll help you...systemic racism!!!!
Funny how Chinese,Jews Italians, Germans came to this country ,endured discrimination and became very successful. How ? They emphasized education as a means to better their children's lives. Yes slavery disrupted black families but that was 170 years ago. In the 40's there were more 2 parent black families than whites but there was much more discrimination then.
What changed is the Democrats had been for segregation and found the country changed in the 60's and saw the potential for political power by exploiting blacks for handouts. Putting them in Urban Ghettos and giving them things for votes. That made intact families less necessary to survive and rewarded women with more money for more babies the majority of which had no fathers around. WIthout purpose or means of self reliance these black communities became horrible places to live.
Trump turned around the economy and achieved the lowest black unemployment rate in history. he helped markedly increase development in black neighborhoods. He was gaining in black approval .Now the Democrats -bankrupt in constructive ideas are using racial division to get campaign money so they can win the election,tank the economy and go back to making blacks dependent on them . I believe a new African American is emerging -pragmatic ,emphasizing education and refusing to act like a victim. I know many of them. When this becomes the norm we will all be better for it.

What a load of shit

Exactly! Miami has become a joke!

Useless and ridiculous

dennis we at the U can only control what changes we make. hopefully they will infiltrate into the non academic world..there are definite inequities in the country but we cant solve everything. we are one step of many steps. the radically charged outsiders brought in to make chaos in theseparts of america must be kept out so progress can be positive and in the right direction

Core issue ... families without fathers and 75% of black children being born to
single mothers .. a figure that in the 1960's was 24%. The total collapse of the 'nuclear family' is the number one objective to be corrected for kids to be raised in an environment with high quality core values.

Reactions: locane and zackbear
Doesn’t UM have one of the most diverse student bodies in the country? When I was a student I remember the school promoting how we finished first or something in one of these metrics. Miami itself is an extremely diverse city, and I definitely sensed that on campus, at least in relation to other schools my friends went to or that I visited.

^This. Over 20 years ago the student body was extremely diverse with a large percentage from foreign countries. Even way back in the dark ages of the mid 1990's (for football at least), I never sensed a hint of widespread or institutional racism on campus. I'm sure as with anywhere there were a handful of ignorant racist students and/or faculty but there certainly wasn't even remotely a prevalent issue.

The crap like this plan is another in the long line of people wanting to look like they are "doing something" even if they aren't really doing anything. They are treating it like every white person is bigoted/racist and needs to be educated in how to be a good human being. The fact is that 95% (probably even more) of white people aren't racist.

Stop with all this division crap. We should be united and weed out the few ignorant people and teach them not be treating everybody as an ignorant racist.

Reactions: allcane954 and 6882
Liberals put in place by liberals. Start holding the right people accountable and then you’ll see change. All you liberals do is stick your head in the sand and enable the problem. Try taking a look in the mirror some time and holding your selves to the same standards as everyone else. Frenk is the epitome of this and he’s dragging the school down in the process. Tuition and entrance requirements keep going up for those not on scholarship as more and more scholarships are going out every year while the university ranking has gotten worse every year.

Liberals put in place by liberals. Start holding the right people accountable and then you’ll see change. All you liberals do is stick your head in the sand and enable the problem. Try taking a look in the mirror some time and holding your selves to the same standards as everyone else. Frenk is the epitome of this and he’s dragging the school down in the process. Tuition and entrance requirements keep going up for those not on scholarship as more and more scholarships are going out every year while the university ranking has gotten worse every year.
That’s the only way idiots like you can feel good about yourself is calling some one else a liberal so u don’t have to face facts because you probably can’t see ya dick when you piss you probably overweight and drink beer all day and prance around in your trump train t-shirt. Get your fat ass in shape then Come talk to me.

That’s the only way idiots like you can feel good about yourself is calling some one else a liberal so u don’t have to face facts because you probably can’t see ya dick when you piss you probably overweight and drink beer all day and prance around in your trump train t-shirt. Get your fat ass in shape then Come talk to me.
There you liberals go again, pointing the finger instead of taking a look in the mirror. I have no problem with the facts, I’m good and have nothing to cry about other than the direction of the U in literally every category but infrastructure. Lol, from the looks of your pic though I’m in WAY better shape then you are lol. I hate to break it to you but that’s not all muscle you’re carrying around. What are you 40% body fat, lol! So keep up with the name calling, finger pointing and blatant denial, it seems to be working out really well for you, lol.

Trash

What a load of shit

The level of literal ignorance in this post is astonishing. Analyze your praise of Thomas. Take a look at his career, his placement and his opinions. or just spew shit you don’t have the depth to discuss.

Not just Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis
NYC
It was worse in our inner cities this week than in Afghanistan

Reactions: Tiv
Just like your slut wife
You’re so classy. Thank god you’re on this board to enlighten us with your contributions (sarcasm in case your pee size brain wasn’t picking up on it). Keep up the great work, you’re giving florida1969 a run for his money as the most unintelligent poster . Btw, since you’re so into other posters conditioning you might want to lay off the steaks and bench press for a while and stick to cardio and salads. A chin up here and there wouldn’t kill you either. It’s not like you have far to pull your self up with those alligator arms. How do even put you’re shoes on or brush your teeth with that gut and those man tits getting in the way. Have you ever run a mile with out stopping in your adult life?

not going to lie, I went low with this post and it’s not my proudest but I’m leaving it just cause i kinda want to see you’re response. Like I said, you definitely keep it classy and you’re awesome at staying on topic, not that I can criticize cause well here I am playing along. I hope that you get that my posts directed at you are not serious, now bring it mother ****er. You asked for it. On second thought, just stay down you mental midget before I really hurt your feelings.

Last edited:
Quise,
We are all Cane brothers here so I mean you no disrespect. I absolutely disagree with your position but I’m always open for a learning experience and a healthy discussion. Can you educate me on what exactly is Systemic Racism? In all seriousness, I would love to know your honest answer.

What a load of shit

Alum to pick up where you left off, there have been 2 - 3 black National Security Advisors, 2 black Secretaries of State, and 2 black Attorney Generals. There are black senators and governors. There are many black mayors, chiefs of police and judges from coast to coast.
Over the past 30 - 35 years 2 million black Africans have come to this country. And most have flourished financially. Would they have come here if this was a racist country? Hell no!!!
Blacks make more money in this country than in any other in the world. #Facts.

Alum to pick up where you left off, there have been 2 - 3 black National Security Advisors, 2 black Secretaries of State, and 2 black Attorney Generals. There are black senators and governors. There are many black mayors, chiefs of police and judges from coast to coast.
Over the past 30 - 35 years 2 million black Africans have come to this country. And most have flourished financially. Would they have come here if this was a racist country? Hell no!!!
Blacks make more money in this country than in any other in the world. #Facts.

You are cherry-picking the numbers to fit your narrative, which is fine, but dig a little deeper. There are no black governors in this country today and there have been less than 10 in the entire history of the country. However, that is not the point.

Ask any of those people you pointed out if they have ever been called a racist name, been denied service at a restaurant or bar, pulled over by the police on multiple occasions for no reason, been denied a mortgage or unable to rent a place or have had something similar happen to them solely because of their race. Systemic racism and unconscious bias is real in this country.

Just because many black Americans have found financial success doesn't mean their path to that success wasn't an entirely different path than mine as a white man. I'm sure all of us have experienced challenges and circumstances in our life that we have overcome. We all have adapted to adversity. I would never discount how hard any of us have worked or sacrificed. That being said, I've never worried for a minute about my race impacting my path in life.

I've spent time with some very successful black men over the years. Their success is inspiring; the stories along the way are sickening.

You are cherry-picking the numbers to fit your narrative, which is fine, but dig a little deeper. There are no black governors in this country today and there have been less than 10 in the entire history of the country. However, that is not the point.

Ask any of those people you pointed out if they have ever been called a racist name, been denied service at a restaurant or bar, pulled over by the police on multiple occasions for no reason, been denied a mortgage or unable to rent a place or have had something similar happen to them solely because of their race. Systemic racism and unconscious bias is real in this country.

Just because many black Americans have found financial success doesn't mean their path to that success wasn't an entirely different path than mine as a white man. I'm sure all of us have experienced challenges and circumstances in our life that we have overcome. We all have adapted to adversity. I would never discount how hard any of us have worked or sacrificed. That being said, I've never worried for a minute about my race impacting my path in life.

I've spent time with some very successful black men over the years. Their success is inspiring; the stories along the way are sickening.

I never said there isn't racism on our society. There is. But are we the racist country that we were 50 years ago, 70 years ago, 100 years ago, 150 year ago?
The answer is a resounding "no".
Just look at the way the NASCAR community rallied around Bubba Wallace when a noose was found in his garage, which turned out to be a hoax. Everyone, and I mean everyone stood with him
If you follow the news, you know there were hundreds of shootings and around 100 murders (maybe more) around the country this past weekend. That's including an 8 year old girl in Atlanta and 2 girls under the age of 10 in Chicago. 99% of these were black on black crime. This is exactly why the cops pull over black men far more often than white men. It's not racial profiling. It's criminal profiling. Although I will say that some cops are racist. But we are all imperfect.
At a time when many morons want to defund police depts. across the country, many in black communities are calling for MORE policing. More policing means less violence, less murders and more public safety.
And racism is a two way street. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are two of the biggest race baiters and hustlers in the country. That's how they make their money. And Louis Farrakhan is a Black Supremacist and probably the biggest racist and hater in the country.

Reactions: hrrcnj9

Maybe it’s your attitude? Did that ever occur to you? I know i wouldn’t want to sit next to some one on a plain that had a chip on their shoulder. Not saying there aren’t racist people in this country but it seems like you’re using the race card to justify that a lot of people clearly don’t like you. That’s not normal even for most black people. I can promise you that white people in general do not go around looking for reasons to screw you over just because of the color of your skin. It’s actually insulting and seriously naive not to mention racist into itself that you think white people have nothing better to do than to spend our time conspiring to keep the black man down, like we can’t be trusted or something because most of us are out to get you. It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: hrrcnj9
Maybe it’s your attitude? Did that ever occur to you? I know i wouldn’t want to sit next to some one on a plain that had a chip on their shoulder. Not saying there aren’t racist people in this country but it seems like you’re using the race card to justify that a lot of people clearly don’t like you. That’s not normal even for most black people. I can promise you that white people in general do not go around looking for reasons to screw you over just because of the color of your skin. It’s actually insulting and seriously naive not to mention racist into itself that you think white people have nothing better to do than to spend our time conspiring to keep the black man down, like we can’t be trusted or something because most of us are out to get you. It’s ridiculous.

I’m not for a minute suggesting you or anyone else is out to “get” anyone. I’m only suggesting, as a middle-aged, white, Republican male, that the examples I gave earlier are not faced by non-blacks.

Unconscious bias is not intentional. It’s a product of society accepting something as fact. Like me sitting in a meeting and suggesting one of the women in the room take notes of the meeting....I didn’t mean anything by it but it shows a bias.

Plenty of statistics to support the assertion that there is systemic racism in this country. Prison sentencing for same offenses by white inmates vs black; lack of education money directed to low-income predominantly black neighborhoods, etc.

I’m not blaming you - or anyone. Just saying it happens.

Thanks for the help and we'll worded

Interesting that some in this thread seem to object to efforts to curtail racism.

I’m not for a minute suggesting you or anyone else is out to “get” anyone. I’m only suggesting, as a middle-aged, white, Republican male, that the examples I gave earlier are not faced by non-blacks.

Unconscious bias is not intentional. It’s a product of society accepting something as fact. Like me sitting in a meeting and suggesting one of the women in the room take notes of the meeting....I didn’t mean anything by it but it shows a bias.

Plenty of statistics to support the assertion that there is systemic racism in this country. Prison sentencing for same offenses by white inmates vs black; lack of education money directed to low-income predominantly black neighborhoods, etc.

I’m not blaming you - or anyone. Just saying it happens.
Some of them blacks and schools you talk about got the same education as I did...stop right there...i went in the service for 4 yrs not college...i made a living for myself...its what u make out of life...all most all of the things you said I had happen to me and I am white...get over yourself.

Atlanta, Chicago,and Baltimore have black mayors and black police chiefs. Why aren't they doing something about " systemic racism"?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT