ADVERTISEMENT

Ellen Degeneris quits

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
I'll preface this by saying I happen to like Ellen. I always felt she appeared to be a good hearted and very funny person. I enjoyed her comedy throughout her career and I always felt she did a lot of good for a lot of people in need. She showed a courage coming out as a lesbian while on a major TV sitcom. I like her.

Now she quits her show effective soon. While interviewed on her show yesterday by some female reporter she was asked directly if the allegations against her by her staff were the cause. Her response was startling. She first said no but then went on to say that she felt it was "calculated and orchestrated." I want you to think about that. Staff members accused her of a hostile workplace with her treatment of them. Rather than self examination of what may have caused these workers to level these accusations she claims it was some sort of conspiracy against her.

I realize 2 things here. The first as people become very powerful and successful like Ellen, Oprah etc. they probably do become a little tyrannical as they are perfectionists. Of this I am nearly certain.
The 2nd thing is that workers today when faced with a demanding boss who wants thing just right, can't handle it.

I don't know what happened but I found Ellen's answer weak and self absorbed.

Cancelled
Breaking I goota tell ya man never met you but I like ya! You are the winner picking up the hidden message in my post. I LOVE WHEN THEY TURN ON THEIR OWN! And then they are bewildered on how it could happen to them when they are" in the club."

Reactions: BreakingCane
Breaking I goota tell ya man never met you but I like ya! You are the winner picking up the hidden message in my post. I LOVE WHEN THEY TURN ON THEIR OWN! And then they are bewildered on how it could happen to them when they are" in the club."
This is what happens when they give power to and use the radical social justice mobs. There are no limits with radical people. No code.

Last edited:
Reactions: HJCane
Ellen made a tremendous breakthrough for women in show business and especially for lesbians. You may love her or not, but her being a lesbian is old news and now irrelevant. ThaT’s a major accomplishment.

That said, she is playing and misplaying the “victim” card. My daughter is in the entertainment biz in LA. Five+ years ago she told me and my wife that Ellen’s “be kind” schtick was totally phony. Ellen had and has a strong reputation as a domineering primadonna. The work atmosphere on her show was notorious as an abusive place to work.

This abuse finally caught up with her. Cancer culture? No way. Rather, it’s just desserts for a hypocritical TV star.

Reactions: majus12 and HJCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT