ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci Wrong Again: Doubling Masks Offers Little Help Preventing Viral Spread

CaneBandit

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2020
Carrollton
Gotta love science and watch Fauci flip flop again.

Japanese supercomputer simulations showed that wearing two masks gave limited benefit in blocking viral spread compared with one properly fitted mask.

The findings in part contradict recent recommendations from the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that two masks were better than one at reducing a person's exposure to the coronavirus.

Researchers used the Fugaku supercomputer to model the flow of virus particles from people wearing different types and combinations of masks, according to a study released on Thursday by research giant Riken and Kobe University.

Using a single surgical-type mask, made of non-woven material, had 85% effectiveness in blocking particles when worn tightly around the nose and face. Adding a polyurethane mask on top boosted the effectiveness to just 89%.

Wearing two non-woven masks isn't useful because air resistance builds up and causes leakage around the edges.

"The performance of double masking simply does not add up," wrote the researchers, led by Makoto Tsubokura.

Japanese supercomputer simulations showed that wearing two masks gave limited benefit in blocking viral spread compared with one properly fitted mask.

The findings in part contradict recent recommendations from the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that two masks were better than one at reducing a person's exposure to the coronavirus.

Researchers used the Fugaku supercomputer to model the flow of virus particles from people wearing different types and combinations of masks, according to a study released on Thursday by research giant Riken and Kobe University.

Using a single surgical-type mask, made of non-woven material, had 85% effectiveness in blocking particles when worn tightly around the nose and face. Adding a polyurethane mask on top boosted the effectiveness to just 89%.

Wearing two non-woven masks isn't useful because air resistance builds up and causes leakage around the edges.

"The performance of double masking simply does not add up," wrote the researchers, led by Makoto Tsubokura.
Fauci will counter with quad masking...

Still think he does this to avoid the question “ Where did Virus Originate ? Suppose to be scientist yet no Root Cause Analysis done. Don’t care what you’re trying to prevent from happening again, you have to find out why and how it happened in the first place. He’s hiding his involvement by keeping focus on all his nonsense.

Sounds like SCIENCE to me. Thought we had to accept the science?. Or has the definition of science changed to "whatever is the current DNC talking point"?

Wish Fauci would wear as many masks as needed so we don't have to hear the ridiculous things he says. But I do support his right to say the stupid things he does.
He certainly has the right to free speech, but the taxpayers pay this jackass $417,000/yr to say stupid things. He wouldn't have lasted 50 years in the private sector...

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Some of you will accept the computer saying double masking doesn't help but disregard the 87% effectiveness of wearing one per the same computer model? Lol y'all are truly a special kind of special. I for one dont give a sh!t who does or doesnt wear one. But to use that article to point out he's wrong you're also providing proof that wearing mask work. Can't have it both ways.

So let me get this straight. Some of you will accept the computer saying double masking doesn't help but disregard the 87% effectiveness of wearing one per the same computer model? Lol y'all are truly a special kind of special. I for one dont give a sh!t who does or doesnt wear one. But to use that article to point out he's wrong you're also providing proof that wearing mask work. Can't have it both ways.
Considering the 84% effectiveness of wearing only 1, yes, I will disregard.

Sometimes more is not better.
Two glasses of Bourbon - Good!, Two bottles - not so much.

What Fauci said was wearing a cloth mask over a surgical mask likely improves the fit of the inner mask. The study cites a “well fitting” mask. Fauci was/is correct.

What Fauci said was wearing a cloth mask over a surgical mask likely improves the fit of the inner mask. The study cites a “well fitting” mask. Fauci was/is correct.

Tell Fauci to shove his mask up his ASSS..!!!!
Don’t wear the fuccking things if u don’t want..

Fucck the gov. Telling us what to do..!!!

The purpose of the FSDs (facial suffocation devices) is to;
1) Show you are willing to relinquish your USA Bill of Rights, when it is your immune system that protects you not the FSD,
2) Obstruct your ability to breath with Freedom,
3) Cause you to inhale the mold, fungus and bacteria infections that immediately build up on the moist interior of your FSD.

Instead you can: Carry a handkerchief for your coughs, wash your hands and respect your Bill of Rights freedoms.

1) Show you are willing to relinquish your USA Bill of Rights, when it is your immune system that protects you not the FSD,
3) Cause you to inhale the mold, fungus and bacteria infections that immediately build up on the moist interior of your FSD.

Instead you can: Carry a handkerchief for your coughs, wash your hands and respect your Bill of Rights freedoms.

And social distance,
I don't care for close talkers unless they are female and hot.

Right wingers!! Don't wear a mask and don't get a vaccination. We'll give your shot to immigrants at the border. They will be more than happy to get your shot.

Lol...lol
Lol...lol

Reactions: gdowning70
Fauci has zero data to support his assertion . Zero empirical evidence
He has over 50 years of experience researching and handling infectious diseases..Donald Trump, the “Expert” you’re most apt to follow, has zero experience except his delusional thoughts about the worst health crises this country has seen in the last 100 years..I’m sticking with Fauci..

This is not about your freedoms. It's about protecting me and others from your airborne diseases. When you open your pie hole you spray tiny bacteria that can be harmful to all of us. It appears you have a death wish. You can end your suffering but don't take others with you.

Reactions: gdowning70
He has over 50 years of experience researching and handling infectious diseases..Donald Trump, the “Expert” you’re most apt to follow, has zero experience except his delusional thoughts about the worst health crises this country has seen in the last 100 years..I’m sticking with Fauci..

Thank you dmatt, I'm sure Fauci is a fan of yours.

A supercomputer is who you believe. Lmao. 🤡🤡🤡🤡. How about real life situations. Seems that is a better realization. 🙄🙄

Of course you are. Over 50 years of experience and couldn't get the efficacy of masks right a year ago. We'll put you in the "I don't want Covid to end" camp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT