ADVERTISEMENT

For The Boxing Fans

I love boxing.

Miss the sport.

It is largely gone. Not because of MMA. It's gone because of the MONEY! If you are Floyd Mayweather, why do you need to fight more than once every 3 years?? He makes $30M per fight. The reason why boxers have zero skills is because of the money. In the old days, you needed to fight 5 times per year to feed your family. So you were in the gym every day. Now, you are in the gym every other year. It's no secret.

It is largely gone. Not because of MMA. It's gone because of the MONEY! If you are Floyd Mayweather, why do you need to fight more than once every 3 years?? He makes $30M per fight. The reason why boxers have zero skills is because of the money. In the old days, you needed to fight 5 times per year to feed your family. So you were in the gym every day. Now, you are in the gym every other year. It's no secret.

How much money would Lenox Lewis vs Klitscko fetch? Now think about this. How much money would you pay to see Ali or Holmes box Joe Louis?

Reactions: Cane919
How much money would Lenox Lewis vs Klitscko fetch? Now think about this. How much money would you pay to see Ali or Holmes box Joe Louis?

I don’t know, Joe Louis was pretty old when they came along.

When I was young and my dad used to tell me about guys like Marciano and Louis, I would laugh. But when I watch films of those guys..............Fvck!

They could do anything they wanted in the ring.

This is my favorite. Joe Louis vs Max Baer. Max Baer had won the heavyweight title by beating Primo Carnera. Max was 6'4" and 230. Louis was much smaller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT