ADVERTISEMENT

For the Libs touting the Amash B.S.

Well I'm willing to bet that there are multiple members of Congress that own businesses and voted for the tax cut. Not to mention all the politicians that personally benefited from the reduction in their personal tax rate. My point is Congress passes laws all the time that have an impact nationwide and it is impossible for them not to be impacted. Hence it is not a conflict of interest.
Welcome to club Lou lol... I understand your point and just because they do it all the time doesn’t make it right but then again we are talking about political figures in Washington DC. Trump signed his companies over to his family members so it wouldn’t become an issue. Does that eliminate this issue for him? Nope but it creates at least a separation between his duties as a public servant and his personal responsibilities to his companies. That’s where ethical violations could come in if he’s passing along insider knowledge in publicly traded companies for profit. See what I’m saying?

Washington is dirty as hell! This is one of the reasons Amash is trying to protect his interest, thus not providing a proper level of service to his community.

Welcome to club Lou lol... I understand your point and just because they do it all the time doesn’t make it right but then again we are talking about political figures in Washington DC. Trump signed his companies over to his family members so it wouldn’t become an issue. Does that eliminate this issue for him? Nope but it creates at least a separation between his duties as a public servant and his personal responsibilities to his companies. That’s where ethical violations could come in if he’s passing along insider knowledge in publicly traded companies for profit. See what I’m saying?

Washington is dirty as hell! This is one of the reasons Amash is trying to protect his interest, thus not providing a proper level of service to his community.

I understand your point but it's damn near impossible if not impossible to expect that members of Congress won't be impacted by their votes. They are citizens of this country too and every law they pass has an impact to at least some degree. And the whole Trump signing his businesses over is BS and you know it. You can't be that gullible. I don't think you are. Bottom line is when you have a government by the people it is impossible to be completely independent on every single vote. I agree that conflicts can be an issue at times but it's definitely way more complex than what you are saying. It's not as simple as his company utilizes Chinese labor therefore he has to recuse himself from anything related to China.

I understand your point but it's damn near impossible if not impossible to expect that members of Congress won't be impacted by their votes. They are citizens of this country too and every law they pass has an impact to at least some degree. And the whole Trump signing his businesses over is BS and you know it. You can't be that gullible. I don't think you are. Bottom line is when you have a government by the people it is impossible to be completely independent on every single vote. I agree that conflicts can be an issue at times but it's definitely way more complex than what you are saying. It's not as simple as his company utilizes Chinese labor therefore he has to recuse himself from anything related to China.
It’s not that he’s using Chinese labor, it’s the reasoning behind his motives is to protect his own company regardless of his constituents.

con·flict of in·ter·est
noun
  1. a situation in which the concerns or aims of two different parties are incompatible.
    "the conflict of interest between elected officials and corporate lobbyists"
    • a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.
      "Watson quit his job after questions about a possible conflict of interest"

It’s not that he’s using Chinese labor, it’s the reasoning behind his motives is to protect his own company regardless of his constituents.

con·flict of in·ter·est
noun
  1. a situation in which the concerns or aims of two different parties are incompatible.
    "the conflict of interest between elected officials and corporate lobbyists"
    • a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.
      "Watson quit his job after questions about a possible conflict of interest"

Do you know his motives? And again if you're saying he has a conflict then you also have to agree under the same logic that any member of Congress or the president that has any interest in a business and voted for a tax cut would be in conflict.

Do you know his motives? And again if you're saying he has a conflict then you also have to agree under the same logic that any member of Congress or the president that has any interest in a business and voted for a tax cut would be in conflict.
A spade is a spade Lou

So Amash has a conflict as well as the president and any member of Congress with ownership interests in a business. Maybe the tax cut should be voted on again with all those conflicts of interest.
Listen I feel like you think you’re trapping me into a statement and I didn’t make up the definition. You read it and that’s where I stand on this. I don’t care who it applies to.

Listen I feel like you think you’re trapping me into a statement and I didn’t make up the definition. You read it and that’s where I stand on this. I don’t care who it applies to.

Trapping? I think what I'm saying is obvious. You can't apply your standard to one guy and not the other. My point is that using your logic both Amash and Trump have conflicts of interest. I know you won't say it because that's just what you guys do. But the fact is if you apply the same standard, which again I disagree with, both have conflicts of interest. And now my question for you is how do you deal with it?

Trapping? I think what I'm saying is obvious. You can't apply your standard to one guy and not the other. My point is that using your logic both Amash and Trump have conflicts of interest. I know you won't say it because that's just what you guys do. But the fact is if you apply the same standard, which again I disagree with, both have conflicts of interest. And now my question for you is how do you deal with it?
Have i said it didn’t apply to anyone else? I’m saying across the board... irregardless of party affiliation if the definition fits, than it is what it is. Not sure why you’re having a hard time with this’s

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT