ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia House votes to strip Delta of tax break

When Dems do dumb shit like this you and the jobs leave you rightly point out how dumb it was, but go ahead, copy the radical Dems cuz that shit works. LMAO.

Reactions: HJCane
I had replied to Cortez yesterday re: Delta. As a long time Delta flyer (Million Miler) I can assure you that Ed Bastian is doing a lousy job for both Delta customers and Delta employees (they are not happy). He got involved in something he has no business talking about as a CEO. IMO he was trying to curry favor from the Biden Administration for federal bailouts.

The Federal government and big business in bed together paid for by the working peoples taxes is called Crony Capitalism. It is common in defacto dictatorships that pretend to be capitalist democracies. The dictator points to supposedly private companies that are willingly in lockstep with the dictatorship and say "see the private companies agree with the government". If you want to know what Crony Capitalism looks like - see Putin's Russia. The CEO's are known as Oligarch's. Ed Bastion is a lousy CEO that want's to be an Oligarch.

I had replied to Cortez yesterday re: Delta. As a long time Delta flyer (Million Miler) I can assure you that Ed Bastian is doing a lousy job for both Delta customers and Delta employees (they are not happy). He got involved in something he has no business talking about as a CEO. IMO he was trying to curry favor from the Biden Administration for federal bailouts.

The Federal government and big business in bed together paid for by the working peoples taxes is called Crony Capitalism. It is common in defacto dictatorships that pretend to be capitalist democracies. The dictator points to supposedly private companies that are willingly in lockstep with the dictatorship and say "see the private companies agree with the government". If you want to know what Crony Capitalism looks like - see Putin's Russia. The CEO's are known as Oligarch's. Ed Bastion is a lousy CEO that want's to be an Oligarch.
They would be wise to shut their traps and run their companies.

They would be wise to shut their traps and run their companies.
Yep. Coca Cola didn’t help bring about civil rights changes in the 60s. Ford didn’t care that my dad was a soldier fighting for a racist government in a segregated squad in WW2 and Big Tobbaco certainly didn’t lift a finger towards slavery!

Ignore the racism and sell flights...that’s the ticket.

Reactions: zackbear
I'm conservative and I don't like shit like this.

Individuals and corporations should be free to voice their opinions against the government without fear of retribution.

I don't like this one bit.

Yep. Coca Cola didn’t help bring about civil rights changes in the 60s. Ford didn’t care that my dad was a soldier fighting for a racist government in a segregated squad in WW2 and Big Tobbaco certainly didn’t lift a finger towards slavery!

Well now you went there so tell us the EXACT and SPECIFIC RACISM in the new voting law . Are you speaking about Coca Cola the company that put opium and cocaine in their original recipes?

Well now you went there so tell us the EXACT and SPECIFIC RACISM in the new voting law . Are you speaking about Coca Cola the company that put opium and cocaine in their original recipes?
You, a number of times, have asked me to demonstrate racism with specificity. I have, each time you obfuscate or change the call of the question. There is zero reason to engage you specifically. Shall I point you to the prior threads? Want to discuss how you could have asked for a specific statement, conceded the racism in that statement and then dismiss it because of a policy (thrice changed by third parties) after the statement. You lack the credible ability to see racism without the need to obfuscate.

So, you won't care. You may think Jim Crow politicians thought they were being racist, they did not, and the general public (white public) did not either.

I'm not saying you are being complicit with racism. I'm saying that your instinct is to rebuff the allegation. I'm saying you think that what happened in the 60's is not similar to what happens now. I'm saying that you aren't just casually apathetic while it occurs, you are actively obfuscating it (unintentionally ostensibly).

What is surprising, is that you would praise a legislature, for essentially retaliating against a company that believes the acts of the legislature is racist. you literally are celebrating the government punishing a company's free speech. Citizens United be damned right.

Breaking and HJ,

Major League Baseball has withdrawn the All Star Game from Atlanta as a protest against the recent voting legislation.

Legislation has consequences.

You, a number of times, have asked me to demonstrate racism with specificity. I have, each time you obfuscate or change the call of the question. There is zero reason to engage you specifically. Shall I point you to the prior threads? Want to discuss how you could have asked for a specific statement, conceded the racism in that statement and then dismiss it because of a policy (thrice changed by third parties) after the statement. You lack the credible ability to see racism without the need to obfuscate.

So, you won't care. You may think Jim Crow politicians thought they were being racist, they did not, and the general public (white public) did not either.

I'm not saying you are being complicit with racism. I'm saying that your instinct is to rebuff the allegation. I'm saying you think that what happened in the 60's is not similar to what happens now. I'm saying that you aren't just casually apathetic while it occurs, you are actively obfuscating it (unintentionally ostensibly).

What is surprising, is that you would praise a legislature, for essentially retaliating against a company that believes the acts of the legislature is racist. you literally are celebrating the government punishing a company's free speech. Citizens United be damned right.
Please don't tell me what I am saying. Unlike you Riddler I will be very clear in what I am about to say.
First, just because the MSM and the liberals and the victim mentality folks out there CRY RACISM does not mean RACISM exists. It just means they have loud mouths.
I am quite smart and I read the legislation and although no piece of legislation is perfect for all, I don't see the problem nor racism here.
If you see it please elaborate rather then being evasive. I have read numerous posts where you have been clear.
It should be FULLY EXPECTED that States like Georgia would react after what went down in the last election. An election where unprecedented moves were made using Covid as the excuse. They don't want those moves to become permanent like the Democrats in DC want.
Just to be further clear Ellu, I am NOT nor will I ever be a person who thinks minorities including Black Americans CAN"T do this and CAN"T do that like the liberals. That is what REAL RACISM looks like. So when I hear that minorities can't get an iD and can't go online to make an appointment for the vaccine I cringe. I don't think like that.
So enlighten me on the racism contained in the new Georgia law for voting and Ellu try to be clear.

Breaking and HJ,

Major League Baseball has withdrawn the All Star Game from Atlanta as a protest against the recent voting legislation.

Legislation has consequences.
I guess UM should tell the NCAA they’re not playing Bama in Atlanta and demand a venue change to Tampa or Orlando.

HJ

Congratulations on being smart. But, could you be just a little naive?

Voting patterns have been clear for decades:

Those most likely to vote in the US:

older people
richer people
college educated people
white people

Those less likely to vote:

younger people
poorer people
racial minorities (Blacks and Hispanics)

Any package of new regulations that makes it harder for this second group to vote exacerbates the gap between these voting groups. The Georgia legislation is aimed to make the second group less likely to vote.

What specific racism are we talking about?

Great to see right wingers finally coming around to admitting that cancel culture is actually pretty cool after all.

Delta wants to criticize the new voting law? The Georgia House just voted to strip them of a State tax break. Cost to Delta? 35 million per year. Get woke go broke.

so you’re ok with people in power stripping away from a corporation that just 10 years ago republicans were arguing were people to, from expressing their first amendment right.... yeah that’s gonna go well

Lets hope they have the guts to push back...
let's hope Delta has the guts to go to a different airport as their biggest hub. let's see how that works.

the new voting laws in GA were stupid. they did it because Trump lost. crybabies cried and the dummies in charge listened. if Trump had won you wouldn't see any new voting laws.

let's hope Delta has the guts to go to a different airport as their biggest hub. let's see how that works.

the new voting laws in GA were stupid. they did it because Trump lost. crybabies cried and the dummies in charge listened. if Trump had won you wouldn't see any new voting laws.

bla, bla, bla..🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Delta isn’t going any where because logistically their hub is in a prime location plus it would cist them millions to move...
So crawl back under ur bed.....

bla, bla, bla..🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Delta isn’t going any where because logistically their hub is in a prime location plus it would cist them millions to move...
So crawl back under ur bed.....
lol.

sorry i'm actually a moderate republican and not a far right nut job. never once voted blue.

i didn't vote this past election cause both choices sucked imo.

you far right wing nuts have hijacked the republican party. it's also why they now have to try and change voting laws cause most moderate people see through that shit.

right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what side it comes from. Biden was wrong to open the border and cause the crises that we now have there. he was wrong to cancel keystone pipeline. Trump was wrong to not take covid seriously and he should have spoken out against cops killing unarmed people. he didn't and he lost the election because of it. i had no problem with Trump when it came to the economy and immigration. my wife is a green card holder so i understand the legal and illegal way to get into this country.

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2
I guess UM should tell the NCAA they’re not playing Bama in Atlanta and demand a venue change to Tampa or Orlando.
Don't know why you are addressing this to me. I think these sports franchises and corporations are out of control.

HJ

older people
richer people
college educated people
white people

younger people
poorer people

Any package of new regulations that makes it harder for this second group to vote exacerbates the gap between these voting groups. The Georgia legislation is aimed to make the second group less likely to vote.
I read your post now tell me how it does that and be specific as it is written in their new legislation. Not your opinion. Cite the area of the law that does what you wrote.

Reactions: grbcane
HJ

older people
richer people
college educated people
white people

younger people
poorer people

BTW younger people and less educated people are generally apathetic to participating in the process.

Yup, Big Tobacco killed millions more people and continues to kill due to Cancer. Slavery was bad as well. Slavery is ova Cancer is not.

complete non-sequitor but factually accurate.
Well, the point had to do with the on going dialog regarding slavery. It's an old discussion, a point well taken, unrelated to today as well as other atrocities that took place at a different time. The Holocaust cost the Jews 6 million people. Horrible..how about the Serbs and Croats, or Cambodians under Pol Pot or Uganda..it goes on and on. You speak of being butt hurt over a racist government. Those that feel butt hurt are and were ALIVE! They lived! Let's get real..I'm not worried about Coca Cola not being at the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement. Let's count the bodies up. Let's look at the genocide now and recent past and put a value on it. It's all bad, but some bad is more bad than other bad!

Reactions: utatem
BTW younger people and less educated people are generally apathetic to participating in the process.

That’s my point. You don’t have to be explicitly racist to sponsor legislation that further discourages voting by:

Blacks and Hispanics
younger people
Less educated people
Poorer people

Please see Ellu’s post in another thread that details why the new Georgia legislation suppresses voting by people already disinclined to vote at higher levels.

Thats the nub of the issue, HJ. You and Breaking keep demanding an explicit link to racist motivation. IMO, you two are naively missing the point of the legislation.

That’s my point. You don’t have to be explicitly racist to sponsor legislation that further discourages voting by:

Blacks and Hispanics
younger people
Less educated people
Poorer people

Please see Ellu’s post in another thread that details why the new Georgia legislation suppresses voting by people already disinclined to vote at higher levels.

Thats the nub of the issue, HJ. You and Breaking keep demanding an explicit link to racist motivation. IMO, you two are naively missing the point of the legislation.
I don't think I am but I'm open to hearing specifics on your reasoning

I don't think I am but I'm open to hearing specifics on your reasoning
He doesn't have any specifics. He just cares about the votes these groups, in his mind, bring in and then spins it under the guise of empathy. My wife is a Cuban immigrant. She feels all of these groups Cortez cites should rise up and say "we don't need special dispensation"! She is insulted.

He doesn't have any specifics. He just cares about the votes these groups, in his mind, bring in and then spins it under the guise of empathy. My wife is a Cuban immigrant. She feels all of these groups Cortez cites should rise up and say "we don't need special dispensation"! She is insulted.
Exactly. They want to take the BS pandemic crap voting and make it the norm. F that

Blacks and Hispanics
younger people
Less educated people
Poorer people

squawk, the parrot now relies on other posters thoughts and still can’t produce any meaningful original content. The intelligence of this one is astounding.

you are clueless, KRV. Empathy? What’s that got to do with it?

It’s about winning. Rs know that if there are high turnouts of these voters, they lose:

Blacks/Hispanics
Poorer people
Less educated people
younger people

What part of this calculus don’t you understand?

you are clueless, KRV. Empathy? What’s that got to do with it?

It’s about winning. Rs know that if there are high turnouts of these voters, they lose:

Blacks/Hispanics
Poorer people
Less educated people
younger people

What part of this calculus don’t you understand?
What part of the legislation STOPS these folks from voting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT