ADVERTISEMENT

Getting really tired of our PC Pussified world. Since when does……

Lmao dude MJ quit after the season in beteeen seasons not until the middle of Finals. You dudes throwing out apples to oranges comparison to justify this quitting is comedy hour stuff
WTF does MJ quitting between seasons have to do with him playing hurt in a finals game? BTW, you do know the olympics are every 4 years, right? Stay off that bad skank weed bruh...

Reactions: majus12
OP, have you ever competed at the highest level in sports? Where you ever The GOAT? You have no clue of the mental anguish some of these athletes go through. She ended her performance for the betterment of the team by allowing other capable gymnasts to take her spot.

Frankly, I was not surprised she didn't continue. If you watched the US trials it was obvious she was not herself although she still scored better than any other gymnast. The pressure was getting to her after years of carrying the team. As I recall, didn't The GOAT in basketball quit?
Jordan never quit. He retired and then came back. The only thing I can compare this to is when R. Duran quit in the middle of his fight against Sugar Ray Leonard 41 years ago.

WTF does MJ quitting between seasons have to do with him playing hurt in a finals game? BTW, you do know the olympics are every 4 years, right? Stay off that bad skank weed bruh...

lmao my weed is second to none dude. WTF are you even talking about. Some other poster was comparing Biles to MJ on quitting. I said MJ quit basketball after the season in between seasons. Wasn’t like he bailed mid Finals in a competition like Biles.

Reactions: Tiv and majus12
Jack Ham played a super bowl with a broken leg...MJ hit a game winning finals shot while almost dying of the flu...Ali fought Norton with a broken jaw...Shun Fujimoto was a Japanese Olympic gymnast that scored a 9.7 on the rings while competing with a broken knee cap...Willis Reed played game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals with a torn muscle! The reality is that there is always a reason an athlete can quit to "avoid injury"...however, these great athletes were simply tougher and cut from a different cloth. This is a different era in society and sports. We are soft and selfish. Team no longer matters more than self.
Mcos great examples of superb athletes who NEVER quit when the going got tough.

Lmao. 24 medals 240 medals 2400 medals quitting is still quitting
Hey Loki...I'm new around here...been around 100 years though...I attended the "flop: in the OB...give you an indication of my age (assuming you know of it)...tell me, what's your background around here...newbie, recycled? you're friends with AJ, good amateur golfer...probably like the sauce, not a Swordsman however, from what I can detect, your posts are a mixed bag...

You really think this young lady quit? If you were to interview her, would tell her such?...let's hear from you

Jack Ham played a super bowl with a broken leg...MJ hit a game winning finals shot while almost dying of the flu...Ali fought Norton with a broken jaw...Shun Fujimoto was a Japanese Olympic gymnast that scored a 9.7 on the rings while competing with a broken knee cap...Willis Reed played game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals with a torn muscle! The reality is that there is always a reason an athlete can quit to "avoid injury"...however, these great athletes were simply tougher and cut from a different cloth. This is a different era in society and sports. We are soft and selfish. Team no longer matters more than self.
All those are examples of physical problems. Hers was a mental issue. If you lose the reality of where you when you're that high in the air, you risk the chance of serious injury. To call her soft and selfish is ignorant. She trained and performed all her life to bring glory to her country and her health is much more important than another medal. l

Hey Loki...I'm new around here...been around 100 years though...I attended the "flop: in the OB...give you an indication of my age (assuming you know of it)...tell me, what's your background around here...newbie, recycled? you're friends with AJ, good amateur golfer...probably like the sauce, not a Swordsman however, from what I can detect, your posts are a mixed bag...

You really think this young lady quit? If you were to interview her, would tell her such?...let's hear from you
Lmao. What’s my background? What are you the FBI? I’m Batman dude I lay low during the day and battle criminals at night. Was on a different site and I prefer tMB here more entertaining. Not much of a drinker. I like some first class weed wine and women typically all at the same time and later in the week. Different rival high school than him but same college. He was tennis I was golf. Pony Up.

Dude she quit. She had mental issues wasn’t feeling it fine. Quit go take yourself rest recover come back better. But it’s quitting. Too much woke BS trying to celebrate quitting

Lmao. What’s my background? What are you the FBI? I’m Batman dude I lay low during the day and battle criminals at night. Was on a different site and I prefer tMB here more entertaining. Not much of a drinker. I like some first class weed wine and women typically all at the same time and later in the week. Different rival high schools same college. Dude she quit. She had mental issues wasn’t feeling it fine. Quit go take yourself rest recover come back better. But it’s quitting. Too much woke BS trying to celebrate quitting
Hmmm OK I'll leave you alone..BUt, will get some more info on you...actually, you sound very similar to a banned poster on CS...question: so your 40 like AJ...are you still beating it, ever married?

QUITTING become acceptable???????
Seriously, how does an athlete freak out and quit on her team, minutes before a finals event?????
Every athlete @ the Olympics has worked their asses off, given personal sacrifices, have overcome personal obstacles, physically mentally and emotionally!!!!
NO one has EVER quit in real time at an event.
We have all seen athletes carried off a court, track or event by giving thier all to physical failure
Simone couldn’t control her emotions!!!!!
Now comes the alleged greatest????/ and she decided NOT to perform?!t
Based on a poor warmup????
I saw an American Tennis player wanting to forfeit, she had a talk with her support team, went out and dominated
Simone decided QUITE QUICKLY, she didnt need to compete.
She didnt consider her teammates, she simply considered her selfish panic attack and QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF has happened to America’s spirit.
Since when do we use excuses to quit????????????
Yeah yeah, shes a black famous gymnast, so lets not call her out, it wouldnt look good eh?????
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
In his world one person's guitting is another person's hero

Hmmm OK I'll leave you alone..BUt, will get some more info on you...actually, you sound very similar to a banned poster on CS...question: so your 40 like AJ...are you still beating it, ever married?

Lmao ok detective Sonny Crockett enjoy. wasn’t banned and little younger than him.

It's the media and politics that have been hounding her for her time and her thoughts on everything BUT gymnastics.

Everyone is so worked up about themselves and how people perceive them that they cant concentrate on having a life of their own.

She would do what is best for her and her mental state. She is the best of all time and that should be enough.

The Olympics is just one time one day.

Everyone has so much on their mind that no one takes time to appreciate the moment.

You have to balance everything and set limits on tech communication. Our minds aren't made to handle 1,000 different topics at once.

She will steady herself. With the power that she has, she needs to be stable in all aspect or she could really hurt herself.

But yes...people are less independent theses days and less stable emotionally.

That's progress for you.

This is a mental health issue dealing with immense pressure on a world stage vs quitting, I think. She started to question her ability to complete a twisting, spinning, upside down jump a dozen feet or more off the ground safely.

This is not about her toughness. She has plenty of that. This is about her long-term health. That’s what I think.

Go Canes!
simone Biles does not owe anyone anything, especially you who hides behind a keyboard. 24 medals makes her the GOAT period and when you are the GOAT, you do lo que te sale de las Nalgas!! Translation: whatever comes out of your ass!!
SHE quit on the biggest stage in her life.
This isnt mental health.
She panicked, she stated her emotions got in the way!
This has ZERO to do with her past performances
She was due up.
Typical liberal nbc and other athletes afraid to say it so they wont be cancelled.
Simply SHE QUIT!
No other way to say it other than what is!
2021 Roberto Duran!!

Look at it this way chuck...MJ had multiple titles before he played a championship game while almost dying of the flu. It is the opposite. An athlete of her caliber quitting is the outlier. Most would rather risk injury then not compete. Just saying.
Almost dying, lmao.

MJ didn’t get sodomized at a young age for years either (not that I know of). And it’s not like you have a good chance of snapping your neck on a basketball court.

Lmao Didn’t seem to stop her when she racked up 24 medals. I guess it’s convenient now. She quit for mental health issues. Fine. No need to celebrate it but alas it’s 2021 and woke BS has taken over our culture

There is a lot that goes into this.

Quitting is not OK. No one would have cared had she went out and not performed to her best ability. This is not the only dangerous sport. It's a horrible message to send to kids.

Maybe in a one off Olympics this would largely fly under the radar, but this continues the trend of athletes of this newer generation not respecting the anthem, not respecting the flag, and being really poor teammates / all about themselves.

You have a team to pick you up when you have a bad day, you don't leave them hanging out to dry. People want to say it's this or that why she did it. Well, she told you why she did it, she didn't want to do it for other people (she is representing the USA not herself) and she wasn't having fun.

It was her choice to call herself the goat, it was her choice to accept the endorsements and be the face of the Olympics. When you start labeling yourself as one thing and taking money prior to your performances, you have a standard to live up to and people who have paid you to go perform and represent there brand to the best of your ability.

People twisting this into a life and death situation are kind of ridiculous. She said she didn't want to cost the team a medal with her performance, not she was afraid she was going to die.

Her actions IMO while representing her country against Russia and her teammates were really bad and her messaging afterwards was worse.

I'm not going to go into the stress athletes in past Olympics had been under (cough Jessie Owens cough), and start a list of literally hundreds of athletes before her under more stress, with less athletic ability.

This is all the way wrong. There really isn't any justification.
quoting depends on who's game you are playing....Play your own game and screw everyone else...They dont know what goes on in an individuals mind or life.

besides...when you are the greatest of all time its Your damn game.

The girl has competed plenty in the olympics in the past

Seriously, how does an athlete freak out and quit on her team, minutes before a finals event?????
Every athlete @ the Olympics has worked their asses off, given personal sacrifices, have overcome personal obstacles, physically mentally and emotionally!!!!
We have all seen athletes carried off a court, track or event by giving thier all to physical failure
Now comes the alleged greatest????/ and she decided NOT to perform?!
I saw an American Tennis player wanting to forfeit, she had a talk with her support team, went out and dominated
She didnt consider her teammates, she simply considered her selfish panic attack and QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah yeah, shes a black famous gymnast, so lets not call her out, it wouldnt look good eh?????
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
BRO....if you cant compete mentally its no different than if you cant compete physically.

She is not a weak minded person....She has done things that only she can do with hundreds of hours of practice and multiple injuries. Take it easy.

Damn man, she is currently the greatest gymnast of all time, she did the right thing. What she does is really dangerous and if she is not on her game she is hurting her teammates and literally could easily kill herself.

It is ok to not be ok. She owned up, supported her teammates and didn’t run and hide. Mental health is just as important as physical health. She knew she was hurting her team and gave way to someone who was an alternate, the right thing to do.

It is just sports, not like running from a firefight in a war zone leaving your comrades.

Isn't this discussed on multiple threads in the lounge? Do you really need attention this bad? LMAO....You have to bring this to the War Room? Let's keep the War Room for cane stuff.

Lmao Didn’t seem to stop her when she racked up 24 medals. I guess it’s convenient now. She quit for mental health issues. Fine. No need to celebrate it but alas it’s 2021 and woke BS has taken over our culture
Not saying that but you process more at 24 than you do at 14 and even 19. Shouldn’t be celebrated but shouldn’t be killed either. Lots of gymnasts have said having the yips with the amount of flips and twists she does could have been dangerous. So if she went through with comp and broke her neck and said something after the fact we would say how courageous? Or we would be sayin go why did she compete. Can’t win either way. Like others have said if he competed in all around then it’s a different story.

You think all sex abuse victims react the same way at the same time. Anything can trigger a break down come on bro dumb statement.

Look at it this way chuck...MJ had multiple titles before he played a championship game while almost dying of the flu. It is the opposite. An athlete of her caliber quitting is the outlier. Most would rather risk injury then not compete. Just saying.
MJ took two years off to go play baseball when reality was he was still grieving death of his dad. Difference is we didnt have social media and it also wasnt cool for guys to show vulnerability and admit they going through something. Ask Dave Duerson, Mike Webster, Junior Seau would they have “quit”, oh thats right we cant because these guys paid a high price for the “glory of the game”

MJ took two years off to go play baseball when reality was he was still grieving death of his dad. Difference is we didnt have social media and it also wasnt cool for guys to show vulnerability and admit they going through something. Ask Dave Duerson, Mike Webster, Junior Seau would they have “quit”, oh thats right we cant because these guys paid a high price for the “glory of the game”
As did Ali who was mentioned earlier.

Yes, we have made "progress." She dedicated her life to her craft and was the greatest to ever do it.

She quit. Said she could not go on. I'm OK with that.

Seems some on this board have their panties in a bunch. That's today's grievance culture.

Sad!

Reactions: jed1250
Not saying that but you process more at 24 than you do at 14 and even 19. Shouldn’t be celebrated but shouldn’t be killed either. Lots of gymnasts have said having the yips with the amount of flips and twists she does could have been dangerous. So if she went through with comp and broke her neck and said something after the fact we would say how courageous? Or we would be sayin go why did she compete. Can’t win either way. Like others have said if he competed in all around then it’s a different story.

like I said man she quit because she has mental health issues and that’s good of her to acknowledge them and deal with them. Understandable. But she quit in the middle of the Olympics in a team event so no shouldn’t be celebrated as heroic by the BS woke Liberal brigade

As did Ali who was mentioned earlier.

Yes, we have made "progress." She dedicated her life to her craft and was the greatest to ever do it.

She quit. Said she could not go on. I'm OK with that.

Seems some on this board have their panties in a bunch. That's today's grievance culture.

Sad!
Great example with Ali and yes very sad!

There is a difference between agreeing with someone’s decision and respecting it.

I 1000% respect her decision and more importantly I am no position to judge her.

Thats probably with social media, everybody judging and criticizing, when they need to look in the mirror and worry about their own situation.

Reactions: klbcec
simone Biles does not owe anyone anything, especially you who hides behind a keyboard. 24 medals makes her the GOAT period and when you are the GOAT, you do lo que te sale de las Nalgas!! Translation: whatever comes out of your ass!!
theU Simone owes her teammates NOT to quit. She is the GOAT and GOATs simply don't quit. Can you imagine Jordan, Brady, Ali, Phelps, Serena, Tiger, Lebron, Bill Russell or other top athletes quitting when the going got tough? I can't.

Just because none of us here are world class athletes doesn't mean we can't opine on the subject. Simone is 24 yrs. old and an Olympic and world champion. She's been through this before. The pressure shouldn't be getting to her. I'm sorry but it's true.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. But this should have have never happened.

Question is what did you do? Questioning an olympic champion is a little much to stomach from a bunch of want to be athletes. Ask her teammates what they think or any olympic champion which obviously you are not.

theU Simone owes her teammates NOT to quit. She is the GOAT and GOATs simply don't quit. Can you imagine Jordan, Brady, Ali, Phelps, Serena, Tiger, Lebron, Bill Russell or other top athletes quitting when the going got tough? I can't.

Just because none of us here are world class athletes doesn't mean we can't opine on the subject. Simone is 24 yrs. old and an Olympic and world champion. She's been through this before. The pressure shouldn't be getting to her. I'm sorry but it's true.

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. But this should have have never happened.
How do you know what is getting to her.

Now comes the alleged greatest????/ and she decided NOT to perform?!
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
@majus12 sit this one out old man

I have really mixed feelings about this. She clearly wasn't well, but this is not something that just popped up that day. There's no way she quits because of a bad day. She must have been dealing with this for a while. She should have removed herself before the Olympics and given someone else a shot. Timing was awful.

She could get seriously hurt if she really messed up, that is not up for debate. But the way it went down is just not a good look.

Lmao ok detective Sonny Crockett enjoy. wasn’t banned and little younger than him.
Get any girlie action? or hang with the boys smoking weed listening to old Bob Marley tunes. In bed early, 6:55 tee time is always a good excuse.

You don't sound like a Lawyer...maybe a financial guy...banker...that's how I see it.

I have always wanted to try out for fencing. I figure that I'd just go out there and start swinging like crazy. If I get in a lucky shot....I am a Gold Medalist almost overnight.
I about pissed my pants … hahaha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT