ADVERTISEMENT

Getting really tired of our PC Pussified world. Since when does……

majus12

SuperCane
Oct 15, 2004
QUITTING become acceptable???????
Seriously, how does an athlete freak out and quit on her team, minutes before a finals event?????
Every athlete @ the Olympics has worked their asses off, given personal sacrifices, have overcome personal obstacles, physically mentally and emotionally!!!!
NO one has EVER quit in real time at an event.
We have all seen athletes carried off a court, track or event by giving thier all to physical failure
Simone couldn’t control her emotions!!!!!
Now comes the alleged greatest????/ and she decided NOT to perform?!
Based on a poor warmup????
I saw an American Tennis player wanting to forfeit, she had a talk with her support team, went out and dominated
Simone decided QUITE QUICKLY, she didnt need to compete.
She didnt consider her teammates, she simply considered her selfish panic attack and QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF has happened to America’s spirit.
Since when do we use excuses to quit????????????
Yeah yeah, shes a black famous gymnast, so lets not call her out, it wouldnt look good eh?????
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!

I think it's a thing were you can over train your nervous system and then you lose control of your body. Like I knew a flute player who would randomly lose control of her mouth. If you're doing flips then it's pretty dangerous to attempt to perform if that's happening to you.

Reactions: Richie Y and cems52
Seriously, how does an athlete freak out and quit on her team, minutes before a finals event?????
Every athlete @ the Olympics has worked their asses off, given personal sacrifices, have overcome personal obstacles, physically mentally and emotionally!!!!
We have all seen athletes carried off a court, track or event by giving thier all to physical failure
I saw an American Tennis player wanting to forfeit, she had a talk with her support team, went out and dominated
She didnt consider her teammates, she simply considered her selfish panic attack and QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah yeah, shes a black famous gymnast, so lets not call her out, it wouldnt look good eh?????
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
Simone Biles has 27 gold medals at the age of 24 and will go down as the greatest gymnast ever. What is your resume?

OP, have you ever competed at the highest level in sports? Where you ever The GOAT? You have no clue of the mental anguish some of these athletes go through. She ended her performance for the betterment of the team by allowing other capable gymnasts to take her spot.

Frankly, I was not surprised she didn't continue. If you watched the US trials it was obvious she was not herself although she still scored better than any other gymnast. The pressure was getting to her after years of carrying the team. As I recall, didn't The GOAT in basketball quit?

She said she had the "twisties" a term gymnasts use when they lose track of where they are in the air during their routine. This sounds serious and why perform if you can injure yourself, and hurt your teams chances with a flawed performance.

Girl is awesome, a terrific olympic career. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt...Not a quitter in my mind.

I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
Welcome to the new normal. Cancel culture, PC and soft as baby sh*t.

Simone Biles has 27 gold medals at the age of 24 and will go down as the greatest gymnast ever. What is your resume?
Look at it this way chuck...MJ had multiple titles before he played a championship game while almost dying of the flu. It is the opposite. An athlete of her caliber quitting is the outlier. Most would rather risk injury then not compete. Just saying.

I may have somewhat agreed with OP if she did the individuals after not doing the team competition.

She did not look right out there. You screw up a flip and you break your neck. If she was not right, she did the correct thing to not take the risk.

This is a mental health issue dealing with immense pressure on a world stage vs quitting, I think. She started to question her ability to complete a twisting, spinning, upside down jump a dozen feet or more off the ground safely.

This is not about her toughness. She has plenty of that. This is about her long-term health. That’s what I think.

Go Canes!

Jack Ham played a super bowl with a broken leg...MJ hit a game winning finals shot while almost dying of the flu...Ali fought Norton with a broken jaw...Shun Fujimoto was a Japanese Olympic gymnast that scored a 9.7 on the rings while competing with a broken knee cap...Willis Reed played game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals with a torn muscle! The reality is that there is always a reason an athlete can quit to "avoid injury"...however, these great athletes were simply tougher and cut from a different cloth. This is a different era in society and sports. We are soft and selfish. Team no longer matters more than self.

I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
Haha yea that was weak but anyone who says it will get cancelled. She choked

@majus12 this girl was abused for years from that pos doctor. You can block that out for years but you never know when you will crack. It happened now and it’s easy for us to judge but any type of abuse is not easy to get over from what victims say. I don’t consider this her quitting on her team especially with the amounts of flips and twists she does she can get seriously injured. If your body or mind aren’t right stay safe. Agree with KL If she participated in overall then it’s a little bit of a different story.

I really don't get the idea that she was not tough enough. She was abused by the creep and is the only one who was still competing. She has come from a horrible background to be the best in the world. Do you have any idea what the stress and pressure she went thru to get this far. I doubt any of the tough guys on this site have been thru one-tenth of what she has overcome. If you were aware of how the sport works, her pulling out actually helped the US team in the scoring.

As a teenager probably easier to put it behind you but at 24 it probably crosses your mind a lot more as you can actually process what happened.

Reactions: majus12
Im all for mental health and making sure you are safe and not doing anything reckless. If you want to bow out bcuz of mental health you have every right to do it. I do have a problem when its done and ppl still getting paid. Simone Biles is the GOAT and gets paid by sponsors like it. Im pretty sure she isnt giving back that money. Same with Osaka, Kyrie, and others who have said they have mental health problems. Dont want to play? No problem. Still want a paycheck? nahhhhh shouldnt be that way.

Its an interesting debate for sure
I think what we cant really comprehend is the physical danger those girls executing those flips are under if they lose control and land on their neck or something
I am certainly not an expert
But there was clearly something wrong with her from day 1

Fine. It’s quitting. Get mental health and take care of yourself. Still quitting. Not to be celebrated

OP, have you ever competed at the highest level in sports? Where you ever The GOAT? You have no clue of the mental anguish some of these athletes go through. She ended her performance for the betterment of the team by allowing other capable gymnasts to take her spot.

Frankly, I was not surprised she didn't continue. If you watched the US trials it was obvious she was not herself although she still scored better than any other gymnast. The pressure was getting to her after years of carrying the team. As I recall, didn't The GOAT in basketball quit?

MJ didn’t quit in the middle of the Finals. Apples to oranges weak flawed analogy

There is a lot that goes into this.

Quitting is not OK. No one would have cared had she went out and not performed to her best ability. This is not the only dangerous sport. It's a horrible message to send to kids.

Maybe in a one off Olympics this would largely fly under the radar, but this continues the trend of athletes of this newer generation not respecting the anthem, not respecting the flag, and being really poor teammates / all about themselves.

You have a team to pick you up when you have a bad day, you don't leave them hanging out to dry. People want to say it's this or that why she did it. Well, she told you why she did it, she didn't want to do it for other people (she is representing the USA not herself) and she wasn't having fun.

It was her choice to call herself the goat, it was her choice to accept the endorsements and be the face of the Olympics. When you start labeling yourself as one thing and taking money prior to your performances, you have a standard to live up to and people who have paid you to go perform and represent there brand to the best of your ability.

People twisting this into a life and death situation are kind of ridiculous. She said she didn't want to cost the team a medal with her performance, not she was afraid she was going to die.

Her actions IMO while representing her country against Russia and her teammates were really bad and her messaging afterwards was worse.

I'm not going to go into the stress athletes in past Olympics had been under (cough Jessie Owens cough), and start a list of literally hundreds of athletes before her under more stress, with less athletic ability.

This is all the way wrong. There really isn't any justification.

There is a lot that goes into this.

Quitting is not OK. No one would have cared had she went out and not performed to her best ability. This is not the only dangerous sport. It's a horrible message to send to kids.

Maybe in a one off Olympics this would largely fly under the radar, but this continues the trend of athletes of this newer generation not respecting the anthem, not respecting the flag, and being really poor teammates / all about themselves.

You have a team to pick you up when you have a bad day, you don't leave them hanging out to dry. People want to say it's this or that why she did it. Well, she told you why she did it, she didn't want to do it for other people (she is representing the USA not herself) and she wasn't having fun.

It was her choice to call herself the goat, it was her choice to accept the endorsements and be the face of the Olympics. When you start labeling yourself as one thing and taking money prior to your performances, you have a standard to live up to and people who have paid you to go perform and represent there brand to the best of your ability.

People twisting this into a life and death situation are kind of ridiculous. She said she didn't want to cost the team a medal with her performance, not she was afraid she was going to die.

Her actions IMO while representing her country against Russia and her teammates were really bad and her messaging afterwards was worse.

I'm not going to go into the stress athletes in past Olympics had been under (cough Jessie Owens cough), and start a list of literally hundreds of athletes before her under more stress, with less athletic ability.

This is all the way wrong. There really isn't any justification.

nailed it

Look at it this way chuck...MJ had multiple titles before he played a championship game while almost dying of the flu. It is the opposite. An athlete of her caliber quitting is the outlier. Most would rather risk injury then not compete. Just saying.

dying of the flu??????? Come on bro. Hyperbole!!

and Michael did quit too. Mental disease is real…..just looke at 85% of the posters on this site 😂😂

dying of the flu??????? Come on bro. Hyperbole!!

and Michael did quit too. Mental disease is real…..just looke at 85% of the posters on this site 😂😂

Lmao dude MJ quit after the season in beteeen seasons not until the middle of Finals. You dudes throwing out apples to oranges comparison to justify this quitting is comedy hour stuff

Reactions: rkrantz
She Quit and will be celebrated for being a Quitter.

simone Biles does not owe anyone anything, especially you who hides behind a keyboard. 24 medals makes her the GOAT period and when you are the GOAT, you do lo que te sale de las Nalgas!! Translation: whatever comes out of your ass!!

Reactions: Richie Y
I say simply
Simone Biles quit
SHE CHOKED
Period!!!!!!
It's the new America we live in. Afraid to lose even by deserting your teammates.

Reactions: majus12 and Tiv
Jack Ham played a super bowl with a broken leg...MJ hit a game winning finals shot while almost dying of the flu...Ali fought Norton with a broken jaw...Shun Fujimoto was a Japanese Olympic gymnast that scored a 9.7 on the rings while competing with a broken knee cap...Willis Reed played game 7 of the 1970 NBA finals with a torn muscle! The reality is that there is always a reason an athlete can quit to "avoid injury"...however, these great athletes were simply tougher and cut from a different cloth.
This is a different era in society and sports. We are soft and selfish. Team no longer matters more than self.

You’re thinking of Jack Youngblood.
Good post otherwise lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT