ADVERTISEMENT

Guitar players

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
I played a Rickenbacker for the first time tonight. Sounds cool right? Here’s the catch, it was a 12 string. When you think 12 string guitars you think acoustics/ chords/rhythm/lite melodies etc. the musician that plays at my restaurant brought it in and played it like is was a prs, with ease. Guy is a virtuoso, just ask steve on here who’s seen him live.

i’ve never been so humbled as a guitar player in my life. Always wanted to play one of these things. Every guitar player knows of these guitars but you just don’t see them that often.

felt like I was trying to fight a 300 pound Goliath grouper on light tackle. I never stood a chance. These guitars are seriously bad ass guitars for clearly bad ass guitar players and no one else. I never want to play another one again, lol. I’m going back to my les paul where I can feel good about my self. Crazy. Thing had 6 knobs and levers. A volume knob and tone knob for each pick up with a treble/rythem lever than another lever that I’m still not sure what it does and than secret lever that i’m also not sure what it does. It was like something jerry garcia invented. Only thing missing was one or two more output jacks so that there could be multiple cables going into it, you know just to make it more confusing intimidating. Thing was freaking beautiful though. They don’t look that cool in the pictures but when you see them up close, the craftsmanship is unbelievable.

Reactions: BreakingCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT